Mission Accomplished: Islamists 70 Miles from Baghdad

Obama is a fool if he takes the bait.
Isn't he damned if he does and damned if he doesn't?
If ISIL doesn't release their Turkish hostages ASAP, maybe the Turks will take care of air support? I heard Robert Baer on the radio this afternoon, and he thinks Iran will stop any Sunni push south of Baghdad.

From the onset of the War over there I believed we should have went in hard and fast, kill as many as possible and leave before the dust settles............I knew back then if we occupied them, that it would lead to a prolonged engagement that would be difficult to get out of. After 9/11 we should have went in and fought it like a War, and not with a bunch of rules.

Our leaders thought that if they got a taste of Freedom, that they would change and never want to give it up. But these people over there are ruled by Religion, or their own version of it. It is embedded into their brains since birth. Therefore, we are fighting against an Ideology and not a traditional War.

When we left Iraq, our Gov't had to know they would probably fall.......... When we leave Afganistan they know the same............We can't stay there forever, and thus it's just the way it is.................

The Terrorists are like ants. If you do nothing about them, they will take over your yard. So you can only control them. Kill them when you see them, but know they'll come back. Which again leaves you to killing the ones you can find again.

It's a never ending battle. It will continue to go on until they cause such damage somewhere in the world, that the world will take the gloves off in the Middle East and basically destroy it.

It's not a matter of if, but when. We said that when I served in that region over there, and I still believe it remains the same.

What is happening across the Middle East was predictable and in fact many people did predicate it would happen when we started pulling out across the region. The simple truth is foreign policy was never a major concern of President Obama I think the administrations reaction to events across the Middle East and the rest of the world confirms this if the President does not want to be involved in foreign policy issues fine but just come out and say I don't give a shit what is happening in the rest of the world. I would have more respect for him if did that than continue this were deeply concerned and disturbed by this and were watching the situation closely and there will be serious consequences if this behavior continues which everyone knows there won't be.

Why are you blaming Obama for the "Bushes" clusterfuck?

The democrats in congress who voted to invade and then resisted any troop surge are responsible for Iraq becoming a temporary clusterfuck. Obama is completely liable for it becoming a loss. You need to get your history straight and stop relying on left wing propagandists for info.

There was no winning this war.

What is happening across the Middle East was predictable and in fact many people did predicate it would happen when we started pulling out across the region. The simple truth is foreign policy was never a major concern of President Obama I think the administrations reaction to events across the Middle East and the rest of the world confirms this if the President does not want to be involved in foreign policy issues fine but just come out and say I don't give a shit what is happening in the rest of the world. I would have more respect for him if did that than continue this were deeply concerned and disturbed by this and were watching the situation closely and there will be serious consequences if this behavior continues which everyone knows there won't be.

The democrats in congress who voted to invade and then resisted any troop surge are responsible for Iraq becoming a temporary clusterfuck. Obama is completely liable for it becoming a loss. You need to get your history straight and stop relying on left wing propagandists for info.

You are pissing in the wind with these brainwashed hacks.

Tell Dick and Dubya and Bill and Hill to saddle up, militants aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant have taken Mosul and Tikrit and are moving on Samarra, a one hour drive from Baghdad.

"Clashes between Iraqi Security forces and hundreds of Sunni militants aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, an offshoot of al Qaeda) resulted in the capture of Mosul and Tikrit by ISIL earlier today.

"Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, was overrun -- Iraqi forces reportedly abandoning their posts, shedding their uniforms and dropping their weapons as they fled the ISIL attacks.

"Tikrit, about 135 miles closer to Baghdad, was attacked not long after, with little resistance -- and the AFP is reporting fighting now outside Samarra, only 70 miles north of the capital city.

"The attackers overran a military base, freed hundreds of prisoners, and have seized the Turkish consulate in Mosul, capturing and holding 50 Turkish citizens. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has promised to put a halt to the advances, and called on citizens to take up arms as well."

Iraqi Insurgents Capture Northern Cities, Move Toward Baghdad - In Focus - The Atlantic

Why tell them since the current occupant of the White House is the one who is all rah rah Arab Spring? :lol:

Only an idiot would think that any Arab unrest isn't Islamist and/or militant.
Do you think it's possible to be a militant for democracy?

Sure it is possible but the only democracy in the ME is one power hungry group of extremist wanting to off another power hungry group of extremist. In this case, these people include the same people that Obama wanted to bomb Syria to help out. There is a reason that Syria's government is iron-fisted. This is what happens when they aren't.

Obama is a fool if he takes the bait.
Isn't he damned if he does and damned if he doesn't?
If ISIL doesn't release their Turkish hostages ASAP, maybe the Turks will take care of air support? I heard Robert Baer on the radio this afternoon, and he thinks Iran will stop any Sunni push south of Baghdad.

If they don't give the Turks back there people, the Turks will go after them and with far more than air support...................

They have a long history of being very brutal when they go to War. They will not fight by Rules of Engagement. They will come in and literally burn the area to the ground. They also have a long history of wanting an excuse to go after the Kurds.

Those Sunni's will give back those hostages if they have any common sense at all.

There was no winning this war.

Actually there are secular governments in the middle east like the United Emirates or Abu Dahbi.

You must be fucking pissed that the democrats propagated the existence of wmds before Bush took office, and that Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act for wmds.

Oh, you? You are not pissed. You are just stupid. You feign outrage.

:up_yours:

Actually, a lot of us predicted this when the invasion was launched in 2003.
How long would you have had us stay in Iraq and across the region?

Can't say for sure my feeling is if you want a realistic chance to create some kind of stable reasonably democratic government in Iraq or Afghanistan you would have to work out a deal to keep some type of force in both much like we have in South Korea. We however will never commit to something like that so in all likely hood the Taliban takes back over all or most of Afghanistan again and sooner or a later another dictator takes control in Iraq.

Yes, folks. Liberals are not worthy of ANY respect. They are in fact the enemies within. They rewrite history. They are clueless about logistics.

Along with the utter fucking lies the pieces of shit on the left claim about the costs of the Iraq war.

Deficits.gif
Edited for brevity.

Look at the image. Notice the proportion of deficit spending in 2007 before Obama was even in the White House? It looks to be more than triple than the spending without Iraq.

Care to explain this, especially since the Bush administration lied to the world to invade Iraq?

Saddam was an enemy of al Qaeda. You know, as in Bin Laden al Qaeda? Good thing Republicans removed Saddam and let Bin Laden go. They knew what they were doing.

Here, Republicans. Listen to Darth Cheney explain Iraq in 1994:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY]Cheney in 1994 on Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

See how the same thing happened after the 2003 invasion? When Darth Cheney had his hand up Bush's asshole, working his drunken mouth like a gay French puppet?

Why didn't Dick Cheney listen to himself?

Saddam was an enemy of al Qaeda. You know, as in Bin Laden al Qaeda? Good thing Republicans removed Saddam and let Bin Laden go. They knew what they were doing.

Wait I thought Obama killed bin Laden, did a victory lap and has AQ on the run.

Yes, folks. Liberals are not worthy of ANY respect. They are in fact the enemies within. They rewrite history. They are clueless about logistics.

Along with the utter fucking lies the pieces of shit on the left claim about the costs of the Iraq war.

Deficits.gif
Edited for brevity.

Look at the image. Notice the proportion of deficit spending in 2007 before Obama was even in the White House? It looks to be more than triple than the spending without Iraq.

Care to explain this, especially since the Bush administration lied to the world to invade Iraq?

Fuck you, you piece of shit.

Go ahead and keep ignoring this. You stupid fuck.

Bill Clinton Iraq Liberation Act

Madeleine Albright and the Iraq Liberation Act

Shove it up your hypocritical, bloviated fat ass, you American hating piece of liberal ignorant shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back