'Missing White Woman Syndrome

Take the money they think they're going to get out of it and they move on; that's all its about, trying to get some bling stuffed into their pockets by sniveling. What you won't see is waves of American middle class blacks racing down to give food and clothes to black Haitians or anybody else Democrats claim to be so concerned about. That's white peoples' job. White Democrats aren't going down there either; they're busy whining about stuff, too, which is what they think is all they should be doing.

Ask yourself....since BLM has been attacking people in open air restaurants and on the roads...can you blame folks for not giving a damn about blacks in general?
I have never felt sympathy for the black community in my lifetime. Though, I can understand why my father's generation may have.

I find them to be completely incompatible with, and incapable of, sustaining themselves in a modern world without assistance.

Blacks cannot produce and or improve systems. They are a witless, intellectually dim people whose highest purpose was established centuries ago.

Couldn't Ms. R. (whoever she is. Naturally, I would not degrade myself by ever watching MSNBC) at the very least wait until the dead woman was buried before inserting ethnicity into the case?

Dang!

Some people have no class -- or decency!

I have never felt sympathy for the black community in my lifetime. Though, I can understand why my father's generation may have.

I find them to be completely incompatible with, and incapable of, sustaining themselves in a modern world without assistance.

Blacks cannot produce and or improve systems. They are a witless, intellectually dim people whose highest purpose was established centuries ago.

I am 84.

When I was a teenager, I felt 100% sympathy for the ethnicity under discussion.

I would almost cry when I read in Ebony magazine about the discrimination against them. For example, every year that magazine would print the name of hotels in each state that would accept them as guests. No need to say that the list was very, very short.

Then in my twenties, I started to interact with them. I was shocked to learn that a disproportionate number of the younger ones were violent (I had some close calls).

I have met some really nice people of that ethnicity. Usually they are at least in their thirties. Some them have been nicer and more tolerant and less greedy than people of other ethnicities.

I am 84.

When I was a teenager, I felt 100% sympathy for the ethnicity under discussion.

I would almost cry when I read in Ebony magazine about the discrimination against them. For example, every year that magazine would print the name of hotels in each state that would accept them as guests. No need to say that the list was very, very short.

Then in my twenties, I started to interact with them. I was shocked to learn that a disproportionate number of the younger ones were violent (I had some close calls).

I have met some really nice people of that ethnicity. Usually they are at least in their thirties. Some them have been nicer and more tolerant and less greedy than people of other ethnicities.
I may come off as completely cold. However, I appreciate, and understand circumstance. I think we (collectively) have more than allocated the resources, and accommodated for any shortcomings, often to the detriment of others in OUR greater society.
You can only slow up the march so much. You can only alibi so many times. You can only provide extra for those weaker to enable them to catch up.

MSNBC's Joy Reid dismisses focus on Gabby Petito case as 'missing White woman syndrome'

-- 'Why not the same media attention when people of color go missing?' Reid asked​

I saw this story and had to agree with Joy Reid on this one.

"MSNBC host Joy Reid turned to race Monday while discussing the media's coverage of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito, dismissing the focus on the case as "missing White woman syndrome."

During a segment on her show "The ReidOut," Reid said while Petito's family deserved "answers and justice," she felt the same media attention didn't apply to non-White people when they go missing. "

In 2020 209,375 females under 21 reported missing, and 59,369 females over the age of 21 were reported missing. So far this year there have been 1,571 missing persons reported, 1546 cases have been closed, with 25 currently remaining open.

So why isn't there 24/7 coverage of the other 24 cases right now? Why is the news only covering Gabby Petito?

Is it because Gabby was a beautiful, young, blonde white girl?

'Missing White woman syndrome. The term coined by the late and great Gwen Iffil to describe the media and public fascination with missing White women like Laci Peterson or Natalee Holloway, while ignoring cases involving missing people of color," she added, referencing two well-known cases of missing women.

MSNBC has extensively covered the case and its website Monday morning prominently featured an opinion piece on the missing woman.

Reid spent the remainder of the segment discussing multiple instances of missing Black and Native American individuals she claimed to have never heard about in the same way as the Petito case.'

So why does the media only seem to report on missing white women? IS it an issue of RACE?

To some, perhaps an even bigger question right now is WHY DOES A MISSING WHITE GIRL WARRANT 24//7 COVERAGE RIGHT NOW? WHY DOES THIS 'MISSING PERSONS' CASE MERRIT MORE MEDCIA ATTENTION THAN HUNDREDS OF AMERCIANS AND ALLIES STILL STRANDED IN AFGHANISTAN OR MORE ATTENTION THAN THE DETERIORATING BORDER DISASTER?

Circumstances play a factor. The vast majority of those missing women and missing men are missing beca=use they want to be and the case is resolved in days. Yes she was a pretty blond but the elements of the story sell it as well.

Circumstances play a factor. The vast majority of those missing women and missing men are missing beca=use they want to be and the case is resolved in days. Yes she was a pretty blond but the elements of the story sell it as well.

Joy Reid is way out of line.. Did she claim Black man syndrome last year when the whole country was focused on George Floyd or Ahmaud Marquez Arbery?

Information to think about:

"According to the Black and Missing Foundation, the coverage of white and minority victims is not proportionate. The group said nearly 40% of missing persons are persons of color. Yet, African Americans make up only 13% of the population.

"It takes all of our attention. News turns to it, police officers, the FBI -- everybody does everything possible when a white woman goes missing," said Dr. Kaye Wise Whitehead, founder and director of the Karson Institute for Race, Peace and Social Justice at Loyola University of Maryland."

1632403812483.png

Black, Native American, Latino...they are all pretty....

While hundreds of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color) women go missing every year, the information released and publicized is muted compared to that of missing White women. Such a viral phenomenon even has a name: “missing White woman syndrome,” describing the fascination with news-related advocacy for finding White women who have disappeared.

With this post, I am not stating my opinion. I am not trying to argue any side or any specific point. I am not saying the reason the numbers are skewed is due to racism or other bias. I just found these articles enlightening and interesting and wanted to share this information, which I did not know before I started researching this topic.

Joy Reid is way out of line.. Did she claim Black man syndrome last year when the whole country was focused on George Floyd or Ahmaud Marquez Arbery?
Very interesting point. Thank you.

I can see why you would say that. Most Africans think the same of American Blacks. After all...Africans sold their brothers and sisters into slavery....and many where kidnapped into slavery....so they no-longer have connections to their roots.

The reason blacks are the way they are is because of decades of false stereotypes that many of them have bought into.

However.....anyone who has been to Africa...you'll discover that not all Africans are the same, nor are all African countries the same. Somalia is a huge tribal mess while Kenya is a peaceful modern society. Libya, Morroco, Egypt, Algeria are similar to Kenya with a much more arid climate. Central Africa is a mess. Inner-tribal disputes have led to genocide and continual wars. Most of the African continent is Islamic. Islam has been conducting a war on Christians for 1200 years and this is where most of the atrocities take place.
The economic differences are startling. You have mostly a poor population with a great deal of highly educated racist blacks running the country. Joy Reid (or Barack Obama) are an illustration of Africanized blacks. Both born or educated in the United States, but both retaining the racist tendencies of their direct family or parents:

Reid was born Joy-Ann Lomena in Brooklyn, New York City.[7] Her father was from the Democratic Republic of the Congo,[8] and her mother a college professor and nutritionist from Guyana.[8] Her parents met in graduate school at the University of Iowa in Iowa City.[7] Reid was raised Methodist and has one sister and one brother.[7] Her father was an engineer who was mostly absent from the family; her parents eventually divorced and her father returned to the Congo.[7] She was raised mostly in Denver, Colorado, until the age of 17, when her mother died of breast cancer[8] and she moved to Flatbush, Brooklyn, to live with an aunt.[7] Reid graduated from Harvard University in 1991 with a concentration in film studies.[9][10]

In a 2013 interview, Reid recalled that her college experience was a quick immersion into a demographically opposite place from where she lived, from a community that was eighty percent African American to a community that was six percent African American. She had to learn to live with roommates and people who were not her family. She paid her own bills and tuition while at Harvard and said it was a good learning and growing experience overall.[11]
I would think that one could blame Islam, and not any particular racial traits, for the bad rap that blacks have received over several decades. Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion....but their total lack of tolerance contributes to most of the violence. But you must take into account that American blacks are like American Whites were in the 40s and 50s. Now the government comes along and tells them they have a right to be racists....as a matter of fact....Democrats claim they should be paid for being black, not because they personally suffered from discrimination.

Links

Last edited:
This is a fascinating story. EVERYBODY likes a pretty white girl. All demographics. EVERYBODY is outraged that this bastard killed her, and may escape apprehension and punishment.

There are beautiful "Black" girls who could just as easily be the focus of a nationally-exalted news stories. If it happens - God forbid - it will get similar coverage.
Fox has a desk that specializes in missing women. Most of the cases they pick are white women because they are more compelling, apparently. This is just Foxes contribution to white male bashing.

Remember.....all of these journalists at CNN, MSNBC, and FOX all go to the same universities.

Kenya is a peaceful modern society.

Africans are completely incapable of running any complicated set of systems successfully without the assistance of a first world nation. Kenya is no different.

Libya, Morroco, Egypt, Algeria are similar to Kenya with a much more arid climate.
Yes, violent.

They have slave sales in Libya

Ever since Mubarak was deposed by the CIA, and the Muslim Brotherhood took power in Egypt it has teetered on the verge of Civil War. Coptic Christians are murdered openly.

Central Africa is a mess.
This will continue to be, despite colonialism in large parts of it, and now Chinese money pouring in to support infrastructure projects.

They are completely incapable on any level.

Africans are completely incapable of running any complicated set of systems successfully without the assistance of a first world nation. Kenya is no different.

Yes, violent.

Ever since Mubarak was deposed by the CIA, and the Muslim Brotherhood took power in Egypt it has teetered on the verge of Civil War. Coptic Christians are murdered openly.

This will continue to be, despite colonialism in large parts of it, and now Chinese money pouring in to support infrastructure projects.

Again....Islam is largely responsible for this.
Islam practices slavery and killing infidels.
Islam has an ancient mindset where stoning for adultery is legal.
Islam is hellbent on proving that freedom, peace, and a strong economy are Western ideals that should be shunned.

Yes, violent.

My God, you are ignorant.

Islam is hellbent on proving that freedom, peace, and a strong economy are Western ideals that should be shunned.

True.
Islam has traditionally done one good thing. It has brought the sword, and, order to the savage African.

However, groups like Al-Shabaab (sounds like a 70's funk band) and Boko Haram we are seeing a transition.

Lies and hatemongering.. Is that your patriotic mission, Trumpie?

True.
Islam has traditionally done one good thing. It has brought the sword, and, order to the savage African.

However, groups like Al-Shabaab (sounds like a 70's funk band) and Boko Haram we are seeing a transition.

Boko Haram and Al Shabaab are savages who violently oppose to the West and Western education. They are every bit as savage as the Lord's Resistance Army and the Marxist Christians of John Garang and the SPLA.

Don't shoot spitballs and then run away...tell me how i am wrong.

Kenya is not mired in ethnic violence? It does not have a horrible human rights record?

You don't know a thing about Mubarak's corruption and his taking huge shares of any successful business in Egypt or of Gaddafi's grandiose stupidity and threats to assassinate other Arab leaders over slights real and imagined.. nor how he was hated by the Libyan tribes for 40 years.

Forum List

Back