miss hillary's college senior thesis on saul alinsky.

Maybe someone can tell me what Allinsky actually did other than write a book
he had an idea...
What does the Radical want? He wants a world in which the worth of the individual is recognized…a world based on the morality of mankind…The Radical believes that all peoples should have a high standard of food, housing, and health…The Radical places human rights far above property rights. He is for universal, free public education and recognizes this as fundamental to the democratic way of life…Democracy to him is working from the bottom up…The Radical believes completely in real equality of opportunity for all peoples regardless of race, color, or creed.

He managed, God only knows how, to become the nightmare of little right-wing bed-wetters.

:lol:

What nightmare? When I was young I knew Rules for Radicals by heart. Many of us were classical liberals but when Saul and other notables started to come along and change the political landscape to true communism we bailed.

His techniques are extraordinarily effective to this day. The man was brilliant. A dyed in the wool commie but nonetheless brilliant.

Alinsky loved her. Hillary never was and never will be a moderate. Thought I'd combine my posts with the proof of her job offer.

For Clinton and Obama, a Common Ideological Touchstone

PH2007032401227.jpg

Saul D. Alinsky, the Chicago community organizer whose ideas intrigued and influenced Hillary Rodham and Barack Obama as they began their careers. (Associated Press)

Network News

By Peter Slevin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, March 25, 2007

CHICAGO -- The job offer to "Miss Hillary Rodham, Wellesley College" was dated Oct. 25, 1968, and signed by Saul D. Alinsky, the charismatic community organizer who believed that the urban poor could become their own best advocates in a world that largely ignored them.

Alinsky thought highly of 21-year-old Rodham, a student government president who grew up in the Chicago suburbs. She was in the midst of a year-long analysis of Alinsky's aggressive mobilizing tactics, and he was searching for "competent political literates" to move to Chicago to build grass-roots organizations.

For Clinton and Obama a Common Ideological Touchstone

Alinsky loved her. Hillary never was and never will be a moderate. Thought I'd combine my posts with the proof of her job offer.

PH2007032401227.jpg

Saul D. Alinsky, the Chicago community organizer whose ideas intrigued and influenced Hillary Rodham and Barack Obama as they began their careers. (Associated Press)

Network News

By Peter Slevin
Sunday, March 25, 2007

CHICAGO -- The job offer to "Miss Hillary Rodham, Wellesley College" was dated Oct. 25, 1968, and signed by Saul D. Alinsky, the charismatic community organizer who believed that the urban poor could become their own best advocates in a world that largely ignored them.

Alinsky thought highly of 21-year-old Rodham, a student government president who grew up in the Chicago suburbs. She was in the midst of a year-long analysis of Alinsky's aggressive mobilizing tactics, and he was searching for "competent political literates" to move to Chicago to build grass-roots organizations.

Hillary is farther left than Oblama.....which is why I don't like her...

He managed, God only knows how, to become the nightmare of little right-wing bed-wetters.

What nightmare? When I was young I knew Rules for Radicals by heart. Many of us were classical liberals but when Saul and other notables started to come along and change the political landscape to true communism we bailed.

His techniques are extraordinarily effective to this day. The man was brilliant. A dyed in the wool commie but nonetheless brilliant.
Well according to the Limbaugh drones he's Satan Incarnate now.

Did he kill anyone?

What is wrong with pissing people off?

PH2007032401227.jpg

Network News

By Peter Slevin
Sunday, March 25, 2007

I have more left in my right nut than either of them ever had. They were smart college kids, the products of their times, that's all.

PH2007032401227.jpg

Network News

By Peter Slevin
Sunday, March 25, 2007

I have more left in my right nut than either of them ever had. They were smart college kids, the products of their times, that's all.

If it were not for Conservatives- and Birthers in particular, I would never have heard of Alinsky.

No one has done more to promote his name or his cause than Conservatives.

Its like the people who complain about how a certain movie has too much nudity, and are shocked when the attendance numbers go up.....

Did he kill anyone?

What is wrong with pissing people off?

Nothing. Nothing wrong at all with people pissing other people off.

Even though I am completely at the opposite of the political spectrum than Alinsky in my later years, I still admire him for his intelligence, his charisma and his ability to mobilize youth a trait that almost no leader not even Obama exhibits today. Our youth is sorely detached from the political process.

Alinsky magnificently inspired youth to action. For me it was Abbie and Jerry and their influence on me has lasted to this day; picking up causes and fighting the good fight and believing just one person can make a difference.

Pity of it is I can't see anyone on the left nor the right with that charisma that inspiring vision that the great leaders of the 60's had whether it was JFK, Reverend Martin Luther King, Bobby Kennedy or my fave guys Abbie and Jerry.

PH2007032401227.jpg

Network News

By Peter Slevin
Sunday, March 25, 2007

If it were not for Conservatives- and Birthers in particular, I would never have heard of Alinsky.

No one has done more to promote his name or his cause than Conservatives.

Its like the people who complain about how a certain movie has too much nudity, and are shocked when the attendance numbers go up.....

I never heard of him until Glenn Beck......connected the dots

PH2007032401227.jpg

Network News

By Peter Slevin
Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not bad for a middle aged old bat.

Forum List

Back