miss hillary's college senior thesis on saul alinsky.

Alinsky was a famous character of the era. It is not surprising political science students would write theses about him.

From the link:
Alinsky, Saul D. Mr. Alinsky and I met twice during October in Boston and during January at Wellesley. Both times he was generous with ideas and interest. His offer of a place in the new Institute was tempting but after spending a year trying to make sense out of his inconsistency, I need three years of legal rigor.
:badgrin:

Clinton dismissed Alinksy's model as ineffective:

In addition to the uncertainty of its two fundamental assumptions, community, and participation, the power/conflict model is rendered inapplicable by existing societal conflicts. The primary visible conflict today is racial with most of our urban problems having racial aspects. Any attempt to specify a conflict cannot help but touch on the larger issues of racism and segregation.

Sounds to me like she was just trying to figure out how to make his plan work. And then she dedicated her career to doing just that. Obama is also fond of Alinsky and Cloward-Piven. Just look at his policies.

Alinsky was a famous character of the era. It is not surprising political science students would write theses about him.

From the link:
Alinsky, Saul D. Mr. Alinsky and I met twice during October in Boston and during January at Wellesley. Both times he was generous with ideas and interest. His offer of a place in the new Institute was tempting but after spending a year trying to make sense out of his inconsistency, I need three years of legal rigor.
:badgrin:

Clinton dismissed Alinksy's model as ineffective:

In addition to the uncertainty of its two fundamental assumptions, community, and participation, the power/conflict model is rendered inapplicable by existing societal conflicts. The primary visible conflict today is racial with most of our urban problems having racial aspects. Any attempt to specify a conflict cannot help but touch on the larger issues of racism and segregation.

Sounds to me like she was just trying to figure out how to make his plan work. And then she dedicated her career to doing just that. Obama is also fond of Alinsky and Cloward-Piven. Just look at his policies.
you read corsi's book.

it's occurred to me that so many people have never heard of saul alinsky. so here:

it pretty interesting stuff. i have to laugh when the libs who use it try to bring it home or use in business or with friends.... and of course, politics for change.

The rules[1]

1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
  2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
  3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
  4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
  5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
  6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
  7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
  8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
  9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
  10. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
  11. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
  12. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions

it's a whole institution based on being nasty. and poisoning the American well. the well.

and the republicans wonder why they fall behind.

i especially enjoy the one that starts out "make your enemy..."

LOL

and of course pertaining to this directly, brings us full circle to the story of O.
obots in this case. the organised antibirthers and the mainstream media are a compelling saga in their own right. alinsky is pervasive, insidious.
#5 is the weapon of choice, and quite effective. people are generally frightened at being called stupid or racist. it's the lowest form of winning an argument or in the case shaping a public narrative. and it worked really well. i have thousands of examples.

Last edited:
And in summary:

"In a very important way he is. If the ideals Alinsky espouses were actualized, he result would be social revolution. Ironically, this is not a disjunctive projection if considered in the tradition of Western democratic theory. In the first chapter it was pointed out that Alinsky is regarded by many as the proponent of a dangerous socio/political philosophy. As such, he has been feared – just as Eugene Debs or Walt Whitman or Martin Luther King has been feared, because each embraced the most radical of political faiths — democracy."

How will she ever survive saying such a thing, at 18 to 22?

Because she still believes that stupid, counter-culture bullshit at age what, 103?

Point being... she like most leftist nimrods never learn. They seem incapable of learning.

And in summary:

"In a very important way he is. If the ideals Alinsky espouses were actualized, he result would be social revolution. Ironically, this is not a disjunctive projection if considered in the tradition of Western democratic theory. In the first chapter it was pointed out that Alinsky is regarded by many as the proponent of a dangerous socio/political philosophy. As such, he has been feared – just as Eugene Debs or Walt Whitman or Martin Luther King has been feared, because each embraced the most radical of political faiths — democracy."

Because she still believes that stupid, counter-culture bullshit at age what, 103?

Point being... she like most leftist nimrods never learn. They seem incapable of learning.
gotta love it. this is going to make a lot of politicians very nervous.

i mean... isn't that why we're here.... ??

to talk smack and make our politicians nervous.

besides there's nothin else to do after the superbowl.

Communism was cool 60 years before that. Learn American history.

consumer frank is on board with the alinsky crowd..... what's next frank, crickets ??

better dead than red i say amigo :wink_2:

And in summary:

i'd really like to know what people on the west coast and alaska and hawaii think

And in summary:

And in summary:

Birthers, even dumber than dog shit, or the flies on it.

maybe you should paint your wagon. isn't that the kind of prejudicial bigotry you accuse us of.

if you had brains.... well, U do the math

Neither Communism nor Alinsky supports a Middle Class. Similarly, nor do Alinsky disciples and admirers support a middle class. They say they do; but that that is only because the absence of a middle class is necessary for them to realize their vision. What better way to destroy the Middle Class than to destroy from within (think Trojan horse, wolf in sheep's clothing).

Neither Communism nor Alinsky supports a Middle Class. Similarly, nor do Alinsky disciples and admirers support a middle class. They say they do; but that that is only because the absence of a middle class is necessary for them to realize their vision. What better way to destroy the Middle Class than to destroy from within (think Trojan horse, wolf in sheep's clothing).
i totally agree

More like they want to GET blacks into the middle class...ay caramba.

They don't want a Middle Class. Period. They want the masses to be fair and supporting a true 1%. Alinksy hated the Middle Class. There's your Hate.

Forum List

Back