Misery Index at 56 year low

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I guess this is why you don't hear conservatives harp on it much anymore.

We re at Our Lowest Level of Misery in 56 Years Thanks to Gas Prices - Real Time Economics - WSJ

"By one measure, the U.S. economy is the best it’s been since the presidency of Dwight Eisenhower. The recent plunge in inflation has helped drive the U.S. Misery Index to its least miserable level since the spring of 1959...."

And, of all things, thanks in large part to energy prices. I guess NOT having oilmen like Bush and Cheney running the country is a good case for keeping misery at bay.

Manonthestreet

Platinum Member
Reaction score
But income inequality.....death of the middle class......

Iceweasel

Diamond Member
Reaction score

We re at Our Lowest Level of Misery in 56 Years Thanks to Gas Prices - Real Time Economics - WSJ

"By one measure, the U.S. economy is the best it’s been since the presidency of Dwight Eisenhower. The recent plunge in inflation has helped drive the U.S. Misery Index to its least miserable level since the spring of 1959...."

And, of all things, thanks in large part to energy prices. I guess NOT having oilmen like Bush and Cheney running the country is a good case for keeping misery at bay.
Huh? How did BushCo raise gas prices? Fracking is what got it down recently, with obama kicking and screaming to no avail. It's called "the free market".

OP
NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
[Huh? How did BushCo raise gas prices? Fracking is what got it down recently, with obama kicking and screaming to no avail. It's called "the free market".
By starting an unnecessary war in the ME, for one thing.

hadit

Gold Member
Reaction score

Huh? How did BushCo raise gas prices? Fracking is what got it down recently, with obama kicking and screaming to no avail. It's called "the free market".
In fact, as soon as the prices dropped, they were talking about raising the gas tax. You know, keeping the happiness going, and stuff.

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Reaction score

My spin would be "ya but we're still not in the top 10 happiest countries on earth."

BluesLegend

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Awesome, lets lower my taxes then.
Right after we pay for Bush's wars. And the other Bush's war. And Reagan's war.
Ahahaha you liberals are hilarious, you preach economic doom and gloom then try to prop up your clown in the White House preaching economic victory. Why the contradiction? I think we know, you lie!

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
wow, we have had gas prices over $3 a gallon for the entire time Obama has held his reign of terror over us.... so we get a couple month of below three bucks a gallon and all of a SUDDEN

we should be dancing in the streets, screaming oh thank you thank you Obama for dropping down from the heavens above

damn

you can't cover up for desperate

Soggy in NOLA

Diamond Member
Reaction score
[Huh? How did BushCo raise gas prices? Fracking is what got it down recently, with obama kicking and screaming to no avail. It's called "the free market".
By starting an unnecessary war in the ME, for one thing.
The ME is on fire now worse than it has been in decades.... once again you make no sense whatsoever.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Misery Index was invented just for Jimmy Carter
Now that the index isn't longer bad, the index that matters is now....no not the unemployment rate.....but workforce participation rate

B. Kidd

Platinum Member
Reaction score

The 'Doomsday Clock' overshadows any benefit from a lower 'misery index'. Too bad.

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Reaction score
wow, we have had gas prices over $3 a gallon for the entire time Obama has held his reign of terror over us.... so we get a couple month of below three bucks a gallon and all of a SUDDEN

we should be dancing in the streets, screaming oh thank you thank you Obama for dropping down from the heavens above

damn

you can't cover up for desperate
Reign of terror? Fucking idiot. You need to go live in ISIS land. Then come back and tell us about the reign of terror that is the United States.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List