Misery Index at 56 year low

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
I guess this is why you don't hear conservatives harp on it much anymore.

We re at Our Lowest Level of Misery in 56 Years Thanks to Gas Prices - Real Time Economics - WSJ

"By one measure, the U.S. economy is the best it’s been since the presidency of Dwight Eisenhower. The recent plunge in inflation has helped drive the U.S. Misery Index to its least miserable level since the spring of 1959...."

And, of all things, thanks in large part to energy prices. I guess NOT having oilmen like Bush and Cheney running the country is a good case for keeping misery at bay.

We re at Our Lowest Level of Misery in 56 Years Thanks to Gas Prices - Real Time Economics - WSJ

"By one measure, the U.S. economy is the best it’s been since the presidency of Dwight Eisenhower. The recent plunge in inflation has helped drive the U.S. Misery Index to its least miserable level since the spring of 1959...."

And, of all things, thanks in large part to energy prices. I guess NOT having oilmen like Bush and Cheney running the country is a good case for keeping misery at bay.
Huh? How did BushCo raise gas prices? Fracking is what got it down recently, with obama kicking and screaming to no avail. It's called "the free market".

Huh? How did BushCo raise gas prices? Fracking is what got it down recently, with obama kicking and screaming to no avail. It's called "the free market".

In fact, as soon as the prices dropped, they were talking about raising the gas tax. You know, keeping the happiness going, and stuff.

My spin would be "ya but we're still not in the top 10 happiest countries on earth."

wow, we have had gas prices over $3 a gallon for the entire time Obama has held his reign of terror over us.... so we get a couple month of below three bucks a gallon and all of a SUDDEN

we should be dancing in the streets, screaming oh thank you thank you Obama for dropping down from the heavens above

damn

you can't cover up for desperate

The Misery Index was invented just for Jimmy Carter
Now that the index isn't longer bad, the index that matters is now....no not the unemployment rate.....but workforce participation rate

The 'Doomsday Clock' overshadows any benefit from a lower 'misery index'. Too bad.

wow, we have had gas prices over $3 a gallon for the entire time Obama has held his reign of terror over us.... so we get a couple month of below three bucks a gallon and all of a SUDDEN

we should be dancing in the streets, screaming oh thank you thank you Obama for dropping down from the heavens above

damn

you can't cover up for desperate

Reign of terror? Fucking idiot. You need to go live in ISIS land. Then come back and tell us about the reign of terror that is the United States.

New Topics

Forum List

Back