Minority Report is not far off

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Slippery road we are on. Makes me wonder how many blanket warrants exist and what words will result in you being reported to the Feds.

Slippery slope squared

• Banned
Who the fuck uses Google?

QWANT---Swiss Cows

DO NOT USE Duck Duck Go

According to other reports these warrants cover all search engines.

As to your question if I had to venture a guess I'd say 80% or more use Google.
Much like the hipster hate on Windows, surveys show that's what most people use too.

It's cool to be different tho I guess?

I don’t see it as that big of a problem. Search records can be very useful for finding criminals, as long as a judge orders it.

This has been going on for decades.

When I got out of the Army I discovered it took me a lot longer than anyone else for a records check. An instant background check to buy a weapon took an hour. Minimum. Drivers License? That took an hour to clear the computer.

The clerk at the DMV said it was processing. And an hour or two later the license was issued.

They punched my name and information into the new Homeland Insecurity computers. The system locked up for a day. This was after issuing a hundred ID cards already.

I was a Combat Engineer. A Sapper. Trained and experienced in explosives including how to make them. It didn’t take a Rocket Scientist to realize my name was flagged and someone somewhere was keeping an eye on me. Other friends from the unit had similar issues.

A former Green Beret I know was furious at this when he got out. I told him to get used to it. It is the new normal he will be enduring.

Eric Rudolph was on the ten most wanted for years. He was finally captured dumpster diving. He was an Infantryman. Imagine how effective his bombs at Abortion Clinics and the Olympic Park would have been if he was a trained Sapper.

Whenever a call is dropped I joke the NSA got bored listening to me.

The Government has had watchlists before 9-11. They’ve gathered information on Veterans for generations. Because the Government knows what we were taught. And it worries about what we will do. An invasion of privacy? Sure. Anything I can do to stop it? Nope.

It isn’t Minority Report. It is institutional paranoia.

Remember the massive manhunt in California? The former cop who they shot up a couple women delivering newspapers in fear of? Odd isn’t it that nearly all the pictures of him were in Military Uniform.

It wasn’t his police training that had the cops worried. It was his combat training.

The Texas guy who shot the cops? The one they blew up with a Robot drone with a bomb on it? It was because they knew he was ex military. They didn’t dare rush him. Odd that they didn’t use the Armored Cars they had isn’t it?

This has been going on for decades.

When I got out of the Army I discovered it took me a lot longer than anyone else for a records check. An instant background check to buy a weapon took an hour. Minimum. Drivers License? That took an hour to clear the computer.

The clerk at the DMV said it was processing. And an hour or two later the license was issued.

They punched my name and information into the new Homeland Insecurity computers. The system locked up for a day. This was after issuing a hundred ID cards already.

I was a Combat Engineer. A Sapper. Trained and experienced in explosives including how to make them. It didn’t take a Rocket Scientist to realize my name was flagged and someone somewhere was keeping an eye on me. Other friends from the unit had similar issues.

A former Green Beret I know was furious at this when he got out. I told him to get used to it. It is the new normal he will be enduring.

Eric Rudolph was on the ten most wanted for years. He was finally captured dumpster diving. He was an Infantryman. Imagine how effective his bombs at Abortion Clinics and the Olympic Park would have been if he was a trained Sapper.

Whenever a call is dropped I joke the NSA got bored listening to me.

The Government has had watchlists before 9-11. They’ve gathered information on Veterans for generations. Because the Government knows what we were taught. And it worries about what we will do. An invasion of privacy? Sure. Anything I can do to stop it? Nope.

It isn’t Minority Report. It is institutional paranoia.

Remember the massive manhunt in California? The former cop who they shot up a couple women delivering newspapers in fear of? Odd isn’t it that nearly all the pictures of him were in Military Uniform.

It wasn’t his police training that had the cops worried. It was his combat training.

The Texas guy who shot the cops? The one they blew up with a Robot drone with a bomb on it? It was because they knew he was ex military. They didn’t dare rush him. Odd that they didn’t use the Armored Cars they had isn’t it?

So the moral to your story is to be a poorly vetted foreign terrorist with bomb making talents in order to be successful.

There are plenty of them coming up!!
Standby....

According to other reports these warrants cover all search engines.

As to your question if I had to venture a guess I'd say 80% or more use Google.
Much like the hipster hate on Windows, surveys show that's what most people use too.

It's cool to be different tho I guess?

Swiss Cows is Swiss

Qwant is French

Try getting the French to do ANYTHING other than telling you to go get fked.

Use Brave as a browser, if not a Tor, and always run a VPN.

So the moral to your story is to be a poorly vetted foreign terrorist with bomb making talents in order to be successful.

There are plenty of them coming up!!
Standby....

Those foreigners you fret about? Are idiots. 9-11 would have been a thousand times worse if a Soldier. Trained Soldier. Had planned it.

Forum List

Back