Minneapolis voters chose to keep their police department.

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
The proposal lost by 12 percentage points, according to the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State.

"It sounds like a definitive smackdown of the 'defund' movement," said Rachel Moran, a professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minnesota. "I think it's way more complicated than that. It's worth paying attention to the concerns of the people who voted no. It's also worth noticing how unhappy Minneapolis residents are with their police."

Do you think the "defund the police" movement will catch on?

The proposal lost by 12 percentage points, according to the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State.

"It sounds like a definitive smackdown of the 'defund' movement," said Rachel Moran, a professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minnesota. "I think it's way more complicated than that. It's worth paying attention to the concerns of the people who voted no. It's also worth noticing how unhappy Minneapolis residents are with their police."

Only among morons.

Professor Moran is a moron. The election shows how devoted the electorate is in Minneapolis to the police department. After all, Hennepin County is a far left county. For a majority to go against the Democrat Party anti-cop rhetoric is almost unheard of.

Catch on to the abuses by the police state, nah, most good old Americans love their police state.

Hasn't yet entered the Dem mainstream. It is a terrible slogan and will probably soon morph into a reform movement to redefine policing: fewer armed police, better trained police, inclusion of social workers with police or special domestic dispute training for police. There are localities that depend on traffic tickets for a large percent of their revenue, that needs to end.

I don't understand what alternative has been proposed. Some form of local security groups? If so, what difference it would make in comparison with the local police.

Forum List

Back