Minimum Wage Question

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Should the minimum wage consider the $2,500 savings from switching to ObamaCare? If not, why not?

Should the minimum wage consider the $2,500 savings from switching to ObamaCare? If not, why not?

Who and how many people exactly are we talking about saving "$2,500 savings from switching to ObamaCare"?

According to Obama, that is the savings of the typical family. Did he lie?
For many of us, we are saving significantly more than $2500. In many cases we are saving 100%. Those of us who received cancellation notices last year and still don't have insurance will be saving all of our insurance premiums. That's terrific, gotta give credit to Obama, why without him these savings would not have been possible.

Who and how many people exactly are we talking about saving "$2,500 savings from switching to ObamaCare"?

For many of us, we are saving significantly more than $2500. In many cases we are saving 100%. Those of us who received cancellation notices last year and still don't have insurance will be saving all of our insurance premiums. That's terrific, gotta give credit to Obama, why without him these savings would not have been possible.

Define many.

Define many.
I was paying about $9500/year for family coverage (there are 3 of us). With the cancellation, I am now saving $9500/year. So I am saving way more than $2500. I have to hand it to Obama, because of his policies, these savings would not have been possible.

I'll bet that I'm not the only one in this boat. Over 5 million were affected just last year.

I refuse to pay more for equivalent coverage because of Obamacare. Will not do it.

Last edited:

Define many.
I was paying about $9500/year for family coverage (there are 3 of us). With the cancellation, I am now saving $9500/year. So I am saving way more than $2500. I have to hand it to Obama, because of his policies, these savings would not have been possible.

I'll bet that I'm not the only one in this boat. Over 5 million were affected just last year.

I refuse to pay more for equivalent coverage because of Obamacare. Will not do it.

I get it, many is you.

Define many.

I get it, many is you.
Well, three of us, me, Mrs. Jughead and the kid.

I get it, many is you.
Well, three of us, me, Mrs. Jughead and the kid.

That makes it so much better.

No.

Why? Minimum wage doesn't 'consider' the increase of the Big Mac.

Correct, but it's close. The official poverty figure is three times the cost of a minimal diet established by the Department of Agriculture. It does not include any processed foods or restaurant meals. So the Big Mac is not in there. But if the Big Mac is taken as a proxy for certain food costs (lettuce, bread, cheese, ground beef), it might. And if the poverty figure is taken as an indicator of where the minimum wage should be, we are there; with two leaps, a hop, skip, and jump!

No.

Why? Minimum wage doesn't 'consider' the increase of the Big Mac.

Correct, but it's close. The official poverty figure is three times the cost of a minimal diet established by the Department of Agriculture. It does not include any processed foods or restaurant meals. So the Big Mac is not in there. But if the Big Mac is taken as a proxy for certain food costs (lettuce, bread, cheese, ground beef), it might. And if the poverty figure is taken as an indicator of where the minimum wage should be, we are there; with two leaps, a hop, skip, and jump!

All you need is food, shelter, and transportation costs.

Forum List

Back