Minimum wage hike bankrupts company.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/restauran...for-bankruptcy

Well, imagine that .

That's what will happen when sources demand that unskilled/uneducated employees get these kind of wages. These current politicians (4 freshman congresswomen) are demanding minimum wages be raised across the board & free health care along with other freebies for all.
Shouldn't everyone get cost of living raises so that they can afford food and housing? I don't expect them to live fancy but better than a bunk house, a cage like they do in Hong Kong or a coffin hotel like they do in Japan. If a job can't pay enough for the person doing it to pay his rent and feed himself then it should be automated.
We wouldn´t need cost of living raises if 20 year olds stopped thinking that they need a $40,000 car and a 50 inch TV.

when I was 20 I drove a 1982 Impala and loved it.

Well, imagine that .

That's what will happen when sources demand that unskilled/uneducated employees get these kind of wages. These current politicians (4 freshman congresswomen) are demanding minimum wages be raised across the board & free health care along with other freebies for all.
Yep,
Some jobs are only worth so much… Political correctness doesn’t know it’s ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to economics
Watch how they blame this on Trump.

This all Trumps fault!

TRUMP IS A RACIST!

I hit a pothole on my way to work because Trump is a racist!
The way Trump was swearing at that NC rally, I think they (the radicals) have finally gotten to him. I was shocked at the word he was using (gd), but I also understand his frustration in it all.

Made me wonder if he's wanting out now, and if he's trying to sabotage himself on purpose. Said he lost all his friends etc.

Is Trump a broken man ?? Hope not, but could very well be. This country is so messed up that it's anybodies guess where it is going. The left is relentless in it's pursuit to destroy conservatism, and especially Christian conservatives. Was Trump the right pick for the nation ?? It is now weighing heavy on the people's minds, but in regards to every angle the left is coming at our government now, I say yes he was the only pick to take on the on slaught of idiocy the left has thrown at the office. No weak beat down republican establishment candidate could have done what the man has done thus far, and the country should be glad of what Trump has done because it needed to be done.

Where it all goes from here will be interesting. Hopefully he will catch his second wind, and therefore finish the job he has started.

Well, imagine that .

Just think if child labor was legal and we could pay them a dollar an hour... think how many jobs could be created and how fast businesses would grow!
Maybe we could pay employees more than companies profit in a year!

That would workout great for America!

Fuck those greedy paycheck creators!
I know! It’s all good though, a few more years of robot development and then the biz owners won’t even need workers. They can sit on their lazy butts while R2D2 gets our corporate masters paid!!
So you are anti-humanism ???? Must be a sad life you live in a world created for humans. We are to please God, and that is why he created us, and why he has given us the ability to think, create, and care for one another just as he has done for us, and does for us. To become an attempted destroyer of Gods plan is an evil thing not a good thing.

Well, imagine that .

Shouldn't everyone get cost of living raises so that they can afford food and housing? I don't expect them to live fancy but better than a bunk house, a cage like they do in Hong Kong or a coffin hotel like they do in Japan. If a job can't pay enough for the person doing it to pay his rent and feed himself then it should be automated.
We wouldn´t need cost of living raises if 20 year olds stopped thinking that they need a $40,000 car and a 50 inch TV.

Can you blame a 20 year old for wanting such things ?? I sure can't. The better statement would have been "if we would stop allowing young people to aquire stuff without working for it or at the least to help others for it, then we could get back on track here in America". Hard work should allow that young person the TV and car they want easily, and even more than that depending on the career field entered into or their abilities to create or follow their dreams in a real smart way.

This nation must remain a merit based incentivized society. Period.

Of course laws that are broken in which have been established over the years, should slow down the individuals demands of getting free stuff and/or hand outs until such person's prove themselves worthy of such things as a hand up in life again. Note the words "hand up" as in being temporary in hopes to get one back on track again, but never to be established as a terminal crutch that destroys a person's will to engage productively in the game of Life again.

Well, imagine that .

Amen to this. I still have a 13 inch TV in my house that I still use to this day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I've had it for 22 years and still counting. The only thing that doesn't work on it anymore is the VCR, but I have a DVD player hooked up to the TV and it still works great.

Well, imagine that .

Just think if child labor was legal and we could pay them a dollar an hour... think how many jobs could be created and how fast businesses would grow!

fallacy-ref-redherring.jpg

Well, imagine that .

How about the person betters themself and after a short period of time moves on to a better paying job?

Entry level jobs are not supposed to be careers.

Well, imagine that .

Or your worker needs to live in a group setting with other employed people and/or stop having babies.
You mean live like slaves?

Well, imagine that .

A 50 inch tv cost $200 now. I wouldn't mind going without or paying $5,000 for one if it meant more jobs for Americans.

Well, imagine that .

Or your worker needs to live in a group setting with other employed people and/or stop having babies.
You mean live like slaves?

Master wanted slaves to have babies. Lots and lots of babies. That was more folk they could sell.

As for the 21st Century, like people who share houses the same way college students do. Living within ones means requires like effort and stuff, but people need to try it some time. It is very cleansing.

Maybe if government didn't tax the shit out of us. We wouldn't need to force employers to pay more. If you add up all the taxes, we pay probably close to 50% to the government.

Well, imagine that .

a dumber thing has never been said,,,,
Actually, it was a good statement.

If you whine because you say raising the minimum wage would cause job loses, then you are saying lowering the rate would create more jobs.

So why don't you bring back child labor at $1 an hour. Look at the jobs you will create.

A fair question that you obviously can't answer..

The cost of living hasn't gone up that substantially in the past few years, but the definition of "living" has changed substantially.

30 years ago "living" was an old car in an old apartment with no cable service and basic home phone and TV dinners for food. You lived like this until you gained the experience to either move up at your current employer or find a better job.

Today "living" is being fresh out of college with a brand new car, a high rise apartment, a Samsung Galaxy 35 cell phone or an Iphone 80 with unlimited data, 65" 4K TV, full internet/cable/phone service and a subscription to XM satellite radio for that new car.

Yea, you probably can't live like that on 7.25 an hour. But that doesn't mean that's not enough money, it means it's too much stuff.

I am a truck driver. My rig with trailer is about a quarter of a million dollars. Sometimes I carry loads in value of over 2 million dollars. I am paid quite well for what I do. But look at how I live.

I own my own home and 3 vehicles with 2 motorcycles. How did I do that? My cell phone is 10 dollars a month, I have no TV service at my home and my internet is a wifi hotspot that I take in the truck with me. I cook some meals for the truck before I leave, the rest is TV dinners. I can eat for 2 weeks with junk food side items for 85 dollars.

It can be done. One just has to want to do it. Oh yea, I have enough in savings to live comfortably for at least 2 years, probably 3 if I lost my job today and ignored the dozens of job offers I get daily in my email.

Last edited:

Well, imagine that .

If you whine because you say raising the minimum wage would cause job loses, then you are saying lowering the rate would create more jobs.

So why don't you bring back child labor at $1 an hour. Look at the jobs you will create.

makes sense for a lefty since they have no problem murdering children,,, a little hard labor is nothing

Just think how successful businesses could be if they didn't have to pay the help at all.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Well, imagine that .

makes sense for a lefty since they have no problem murdering children,,, a little hard labor is nothing

So it comes ack to abortion. This is like the go to response you Trumpettes have when you won't answer questions.

but but but abortion.

Well, imagine that .

So it comes ack to abortion. This is like the go to response you Trumpettes have when you won't answer questions.

but but but abortion.

in this case it fits,,,lefties are willing to murder children so why not do forced labor if they survive abortion,,,

but but but abortion.

in this case it fits,,,lefties are willing to murder children so why not do forced labor if they survive abortion,,,

Sorry, but as a Trump supporter you have zero ground to pretend you care about children. Look at the border.

Forum List

Back