Millions Evacuated After Catastrophic Flooding Hits China, Pakistan

What's unusual about snow pack in December?
you don't live in California do you?
most years it doesn't snow a lot till January and February
All the headlines said was a year ago. Not above December averages. Does not imply what you want it to.
I'm not trying to make it imply anything .it's a statement of fact.
the average for December in California is almost negligible in a drought .
No, it's not. Sorry
it is here during a drought
What is?

facts are sometimes insulting especially to the fact phobic like yourself .
Yeah, cause you have a hard time posting material that supports your claim.
false !
clowns like you need to be insulted arrogant ignorance is like that .
in fact the shit you post doesn't support science.
Dude, your posts don't back your story. And as for science, more science is performed by more than scientists. You should take a look.
you realize that made no sense. Don't you.
What didn't you understand? You don't know that many experiments and data collection is done by people other than scientists?
False most all data collection is done by scientists or science students or science volunteers .
You have to have some kind science education it do that kind of work .
The scientifically ignorant don't.

you don't live in California do you?
most years it doesn't snow a lot till January and February
All the headlines said was a year ago. Not above December averages. Does not imply what you want it to.
No, it's not. Sorry
What is?
Read comp difficulty ?

No, it's not. Sorry
What is?
Read comp difficulty ?
Your post doesn't make sense. There is water in a desert. They call it an oasis. Snow in a mountain in a drought means what? So explain.

nature does not follow your time line.
AL won the Nobel Peace Prize for saying global warming was increasing the strength and frequency of hurricanes. Should he give the prize back?
View attachment 81204

I don't think "Al's" predictions included the super El Ninio conditions the world has been experiencing. Typically El Ninio's occur with a lot less frequency and intensity than what has happened in recent years.

I know...That is over your head but maybe with a little research you can get it. You guys are still having trouble understanding that the Atlantic and the Pacific are connected bodies of water. And to think there are people as stupid as you behind the wheels of automobiles.. Scary stuff! :eek:
Like the super El Niño last winter that had zero impact they forecasted?

Great evidence, bring up climate models that were 100% wrong just 3 months out.

OK I get it. You live in a cave.

Allow me to bring you up to speed regarding some of the effects of the latest El Ninio. The Western states have experienced more forest fires than in know history. Drought has occurred and spread in unheard of parts of the globe. The glaciers of North America are receding at unprecedented rates.
Uh, Mr Climatologist, El Niño was supposed to bring heavy rains to the west.

You're making me feel sorry for you.

I believe you have it wrong. Maybe "West" Virginia...

No, it's not. Sorry
What is?
Read comp difficulty ?
Your post doesn't make sense. There is water in a desert. They call it an oasis. Snow in a mountain in a drought means what? So explain.
No need, if you weren't ignorant wilfully or otherwise you would not need to ask.

AL won the Nobel Peace Prize for saying global warming was increasing the strength and frequency of hurricanes. Should he give the prize back?
View attachment 81204

I don't think "Al's" predictions included the super El Ninio conditions the world has been experiencing. Typically El Ninio's occur with a lot less frequency and intensity than what has happened in recent years.

I know...That is over your head but maybe with a little research you can get it. You guys are still having trouble understanding that the Atlantic and the Pacific are connected bodies of water. And to think there are people as stupid as you behind the wheels of automobiles.. Scary stuff! :eek:

Allow me to bring you up to speed regarding some of the effects of the latest El Ninio. The Western states have experienced more forest fires than in know history. Drought has occurred and spread in unheard of parts of the globe. The glaciers of North America are receding at unprecedented rates.

You don't even know what the forecasted impact of El Niño was and you rant about it in a science thread. What a dufus. Let me know when you want me to explain this to you.
image.jpeg

So the conclusion therefore can only be, the water must be cooling.

or, more precisely, NOT WARMING. To disprove warming, one does not have to prove cooling, just NO WARMING.

Study Finds Earth’s Ocean Abyss Has Not Warmed - NASA Science

"The cold waters of Earth’s deep ocean have not warmed measurably since 2005"

And, as everyone here should know, both the atmospheric and ocean temps were FUDGED by the warmers in 2005, so since it was last FUDGED, surprise, it has not warmed, because it didn't warm before it was FUDGED either.
To arrive at their conclusion, the JPL scientists did a straightforward subtraction calculation, using data for 2005-2013 from the Argo buoys, NASA's Jason-1 and Jason-2 satellites, and the agency’s Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) satellites. From the total amount of sea level rise, they subtracted the amount of rise from the expansion in the upper ocean, and the amount of rise that came from added meltwater. The remainder represented the amount of sea level rise caused by warming in the deep ocean.

The remainder was essentially zero. Deep ocean warming contributed virtually nothing to sea level rise during this period.

Coauthor Felix Landerer of JPL noted that during the same period warming in the top half of the ocean continued unabated, an unequivocal sign that our planet is heating up. Some recent studies reporting deep-ocean warming were, in fact, referring to the warming in the upper half of the ocean but below the topmost layer, which ends about 0.4 mile (700 meters) down.

Landerer also is a coauthor of another paper in the same journal issue on 1970-2005 ocean warming in the Southern Hemisphere. Before Argo floats were deployed, temperature measurements in the Southern Ocean were spotty, at best. Using satellite measurements and climate simulations of sea level changes around the world, the new study found the global ocean absorbed far more heat in those 35 years than previously thought -- a whopping 24 to 58 percent more than early estimates.

Both papers result from the work of the newly formed NASA Sea Level Change Team, an interdisciplinary group tasked with using NASA satellite data to improve the accuracy and scale of current and future estimates of sea level change. The Southern Hemisphere paper was led by three scientists at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California.

Study Finds Earth’s Ocean Abyss Has Not Warmed - NASA Science

So, less warming than expected in the lower half of the ocean, way more than expected in the upper ocean.

S

Our East coast is not the weather vane for the world. If anything that lack of hurricane activity on our East coast is an indicator something is up. The energy has to go SOMEWHERE. Other parts of the planet and even our West coast are suffering extreme changes in weather patterns that are not so "kind".
And there it is, now lack of hurricane activity means AGW. See, as I've stated over and over, there isn't one situation on the globe that wouldn't attract an AGW k00k to say it's because of AGW. Now there you go. Why don't you all just bite the flippin bullet and just say everything is a cause of AGW. Get over it already and stop skating as badly as you are. EVERYTHING is due to AGW.

Weather extremes are on the increase. I did see where the ozone hole in the antarctic is closing up. The arctic ice is still receding. Do I "know" why these things are happening? No, I do not. Don't put words in my mouth asshole. I'm not in the AWG club and I'm not in your gay as fuck "everybody is blaming AWG" club either.

As far as I know there isn't a computer on earth with enough horsepower to predict weather on this planet for more than a couple of weeks. If there was one they wouldn't tell anybody anyway because with it one could accurately predict crop yields and they would be making fortunes in the futures markets.

Maybe if there was this super puter the insurance underwriters would be in on it to work the cost benefits of writing policies. Who the fuck knows? I don't. Furthermore I don't even care.
After Katrina you wing nuts screamed this would be happening in increasing numbers.

And here we are today and not one major hurricane has hit the US since then.

I didn't "scream" anything. I am not a liberal. If you had any idea what kind of training regarding the weather one gets to become an airplane pilot you would not say such ignorant crap. I would appreciate you directing your uninformed anger at the appropriate individuals.
Nobody said you "screamed" or was a liberal. :cuckoo:

But I'm happy certified meteorologists trained you.....
LOL Now we have a Phd Geologist that knows little of geology, and atmospheric physicist that knows absolutely nothing of physics, and now a meteorologist unfamiliar with weather. LOL

You don't even know what the forecasted impact of El Niño was and you rant about it in a science thread. What a dufus. Let me know when you want me to explain this to you.

I would very much like to hear your explanation of the effects the el Nino just finishing and the la Nina just beginning.

I'd be particularly interested to hear any connection you think either might have with the catastrophic monsoon flooding being experienced in China and Pakistan.

No, it's not. Sorry
What is?
Read comp difficulty ?
No need, if you weren't ignorant wilfully or otherwise you would not need to ask.
so your answer is you can't explain. Thanks for playing. I love winning.

I would very much like to hear your explanation of the effects the el Nino just finishing and the la Nina just beginning.

I'd be particularly interested to hear any connection you think either might have with the catastrophic monsoon flooding being experienced in China and Pakistan.
That was not the topic. Topic was the doomsdayers claiming El Niño was to not impact the west coast.

And the Asian monsoons have been well within historical norms.

But for you to chew on:
Like everything else under the sun, they come and go.
image.png

View attachment 81250
The question is can you explain it without making me break out derisive laughter?

What is?
Read comp difficulty ?
so your answer is you can't explain. Thanks for playing. I love winning.
False! I choose not to explain the obvious.
You, as always have won nothing.
What you have done is reinforce your ignorance.

That was not the topic. Topic was the doomsdayers claiming El Niño was to not impact the west coast.

But for you to chew on:
View attachment 81278
Bahahahaha!

But for you to chew on:
View attachment 81278
Bahahahaha!
I would expect such an unscientific response.

But for you to chew on:
View attachment 81278
Bahahahaha!
I would expect such an unscientific response.
You have yet to explain anything .
Laughing at your bullshit is logical .

This is what the American Meteorological Society has to say about extreme weather events in 2014. I am sure that their language would be stronger for 2015, and 2016. Real scientists, not internet pretenders.

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/BAMS-ExplainingExtremeEvents2014.1

Understanding how long-term global change affects the intensity and likelihood of extreme weather events is a frontier science challenge. This fourth edition of explaining extreme events of the previous year (2014) from a climate perspective is the most extensive yet with 33 different research groups exploring the causes of 29 different events that occurred in 2014. A number of this year’s studies indicate that human-caused climate change greatly increased the likelihood and intensity for extreme heat waves in 2014 over various regions. For other types of extreme events, such as droughts, heavy rains, and winter storms, a climate change influence was found in some instances and not in others. This year’s report also included many different types of extreme events. The tropical cyclones that impacted Hawaii were made more likely due to human-caused climate change. Climate change also decreased the Antarctic sea ice extent in 2014 and increased the strength and likelihood of high sea surface temperatures in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. For western U.S. wildfires, no link to the individual events in 2014 could be detected, but the overall probability of western U.S. wildfires has increased due to human impacts on the climate.

Challenges that attribution assessments face include the often limited observational record and inability of models to reproduce some extreme events well. In general, when attribution assessments fail to find anthropogenic signals this alone does not prove anthropogenic climate change did not influence the event. The failure to find a human fingerprint could be due to insufficient data or poor models and not the absence of anthropogenic effects.

This year researchers also considered other humancaused drivers of extreme events beyond the usual radiative drivers. For example, flooding in the Canadian prairies was found to be more likely because of human land-use changes that affect drainage mechanisms. Similarly, the Jakarta floods may have been compounded by land-use change via urban development and associated land subsidence. These types of mechanical factors reemphasize the various pathways beyond climate change by which human activity can increase regional risk of extreme events.

Forum List

Back