Million mile+ batteries answer to vehicle pollution?

Where are they repairing it?

Remember yiur hero, the obummer? He gave away almost a billion dollars for infrastructure work, less than 20 percent was spent on it.

DURRRRR
And how much did your dipshit President that wears more makeup than a downtown whore spend on our roads? Wonder if they will let him wear that makeup in the penitentiary.

The new Tesla batteries will exceed a million mile life by a lot.

That is a crock of bull. A million miles is enough to drive around the equator of the Earth about 40 times, and driving the most I ever have, about 390 miles a week, about 52 years of life. That is bullshit. But what if I am an average person, maybe a retiree, who drives maybe only 10 miles a week? Then your fantasy battery would last me about 1,900 years.

A pretty impressive feat.

And that is all based on your LOWEST figure.

A battery's TRUE life will be largely determined by the USER and how they drive. And how they charge. Whatever fantasy pipe dream you and Elon are smoking, that is a purely theoretical static figure based on ideal, fixed, laboratory conditions.

I give these batteries about a five year life to where they are measurably performing less than when new and by ten years, no matter how you drive, virtually DEMANDING replacement.

Let's have a coast-to-coast race and see who wins.

I'll drive the posted speed limit and you can drive as fast as your golf cart can take you.
You lose

The Plaid is Tesla's first tri-motor model, powered by a 100 kWh battery pack. Outputs are 1,020 hp and 1,050 lb-ft of torque, sent to an electronic AWD system via a single-speed automatic transmission. It can get to 60 mph in 1.99 seconds under ideal conditions and reach a top speed of 200 mph.
Transmission: Single Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: All-Wheel Drive
Engine: Electric
Price: $129,990

That is a crock of bull. A million miles is enough to drive around the equator of the Earth about 40 times, and driving the most I ever have, about 390 miles a week, about 52 years of life. That is bullshit. But what if I am an average person, maybe a retiree, who drives maybe only 10 miles a week? Then your fantasy battery would last me about 1,900 years.

A battery's TRUE life will be largely determined by the USER and how they drive. And how they charge. Whatever fantasy pipe dream you and Elon are smoking, that is a purely theoretical static figure based on ideal, fixed, laboratory conditions.

I give these batteries about a five year life to where they are measurably performing less than when new and by ten years, no matter how you drive, virtually DEMANDING replacement.
And, as usual, you are full of shit.

"For example, some Tesla owners have reported that their battery functions at approximately 95 percent of its original ability after only 50,000 miles. Depending on the Tesla model, a 5 percent decrease in battery range could equate to around 20 miles less distance per charge when starting at 400 miles of range.

The more interesting statistic comes from older Teslas. Those same cars that saw only a five percent loss in battery efficiency after the first 50,000 miles saw their battery decrease only another 5 percent in the next 100,000 miles.

Most Tesla owners with cars that past an odometer reading of higher than 150,000 miles report that their Tesla still operates with 90 percent efficiency when it comes to the battery. Based on these metrics, the company can postulate that a Tesla with 500,000 miles on it would still be able to operate at a minimum of 80 percent efficiency.

These numbers seem to point to the conclusion that Tesla batteries while degrading over time, do so less drastically and at a slower pace than every other electric car battery. The Tesla battery, while it may lose power, does so in a way that drivers remain virtually unaffected.
The impressive thing about a Tesla comes from the evidence above wherein the older the car gets, the slower and more gradual the process of battery degradation becomes. It is for this reason that Tesla makers and owners believe that in some instances, their car could actually outlast them."

You lose

The Plaid is Tesla's first tri-motor model, powered by a 100 kWh battery pack. Outputs are 1,020 hp and 1,050 lb-ft of torque, sent to an electronic AWD system via a single-speed automatic transmission. It can get to 60 mph in 1.99 seconds under ideal conditions and reach a top speed of 200 mph.
Transmission: Single Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: All-Wheel Drive
Engine: Electric

And the record for an EV coast to coast is 43 hours IIRC.

For an ICE powered car it is under 29 hours.

DURRRR

You lose.

It can get to 60 mph in 1.99 seconds under ideal conditions and reach a top speed of 200 mph.
That'll only get your car impounded, you arrested or killed in a big crash. You can't use it and don't need it. You lose.

Only THIRTY times the price of the full-featured, cherry, hemi-powered ICE car I bought used that still looks and runs like the day I bought it ten years ago. I'll take the $125,000 I saved from just driving around and buy a house, a boat, or take a great vacation around the world. You lose.

Your mileage and lifespan of your ICE vehicle will depend on how your drive and maintain your vehicle.

You lose.

That'll only get your car impounded, you arrested or killed in a big crash. You can't use it and don't need it. You lose.

Only THIRTY times the price of the full-featured, cherry, hemi-powered ICE car I bought used that still looks and runs like the day I bought it ten years ago. I'll take the $125,000 I saved from just driving around and buy a house, a boat, or take a great vacation around the world. You lose.
And by 2030, you will be able to buy used EV's that will cost less to run, outperform that vehicle on the track and quarter mile, and cost far less in maintenance, and out last that ICE car. And any ICE car like the one you and I have at present will only bring scrap metal prices.

Your mileage and lifespan of your ICE vehicle will depend on how your drive and maintain your vehicle.

Look Ace--- I used to exceed 100mph everyday! Usually TWICE a day. With very few exceptions, all I've really had to do since buying it USED in 2011 is change the oil.

The car will be possibly up to 23 years old this Fall! And not a spot of rust on it.

You can eat off the engine.

Costs me about $30 in gas a season to operate.

No chance it is going to burn down my house.

I can get fuel anywhere.

And by 2030, you will be able to buy used EV's that will cost less to run, outperform that vehicle on the track and quarter mile, and cost far less in maintenance, and out last that ICE car.
Good. Phone me in 2030 if I'm still alive then if you have an EV that I'd actually want to own in size, styling and features, that is more convenient for me to operate, that cost that much less to operate despite the cost of buying it. The cost to maintain an EV replacing those big battery storage packs is obvious so don't even try to lie about that, and since I don't drive on a track, my speed in the quarter fucking mile is IRRELEVANT, buttercake. Maybe after EVs have a significant part of the user market AND they have a good proven record for at least ten years to vet all the technology where the actual total overall cost of getting into one is truly known, they will be worth considering. Meantime, I'll let you throw your money at one.

And any ICE car like the one you and I have at present will only bring scrap metal prices.
By 2030, my car will be over 30 years old! Where else should it be? But my PU is a 1988 K1500 Silverado with a 5.7L engine that is itself actually in very good shape as well.

Where will your EV be when it is as old as these cars?

You know---

---helping the environment. :smoke:

OIP.jpg

Now dumb fuck, they sure are.

"Across the US, there is expected to be 15.5 GW of new solar, 11 GW of new wind and 4.2 GW of batteries added in 2022. Clean energy targets set by states and individual companies are driving the energy transition due to lack of a federal regulation.Dec 28, 2021"
Capacity and actual output are not the same thing.

Wind at best produces maybe 30% of it's rated capacity so you need more than 3 wind mills to produce the rated capacity of one windmill.

A small modular nuclear reactor can be manufactured on an assembly line shipped by rail or truck and installed at existing gas and coal electrical power plants.

Multiple reactors can be installed at one sight each one producing 90-95% of its rated capacity 24/7/365

You mean that Democrats that are repairing the road infrastructure against the opposition of the Cult of Trump, formerly the GOP? You mean the Democrats that are encouraging the installations of fast charging infrastructure on our roads, in spite of the opposition of a bunch of luddites still kissing the orange ass of a seditious former President? LOL

"...Cult of Trump,..."

Cult: a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

“Describing Trump supporters as a cult has become a trope among his Democratic critics. Which seems ironic, considering how the very same crowd in the past four years tended to invest emotionally in whoever they hoped would end Trump's presidency. Special Counsel Robert Muller probably received the lion's share of the prayers, though figures like ex-FBI director James Comey or even Trump's fixer-turned-critic Michael Cohen basked in some limelight.

The Biden hagiography reached an ear-piercing pitch during the inauguration week. A CNN host saw a vision of the president-elect's arms embracing America in the lighting of the Lincoln memorial, while a New York Times editor confessed to experiencing chills upon Biden landing at Joint Base Andrews. One could be excused for seeing such accounts as quasi-religious.” 'Government becomes God': Jacobin's satirical cover literally idolizing Biden strikes nerve

1611525811588.png

1611525839254.png

The new Tesla batteries will exceed a million mile life by a lot. And, as the new terafactories start production, they will go head to head with ICE vehicles on price, while exceeding them in all other areas. This will eliminate most of our transportation pollution;

Exclusive photo -

download (11).jpeg

Capacity and actual output are not the same thing.

Wind at best produces maybe 30% of it's rated capacity so you need more than 3 wind mills to produce the rated capacity of one windmill.

A small modular nuclear reactor can be manufactured on an assembly line shipped by rail or truck and installed at existing gas and coal electrical power plants.

Multiple reactors can be installed at one sight each one producing 90-95% of its rated capacity 24/7/365
And where can a municipality buy one of those? How long before it will be delivered? What do you do with it at the end of it's life? And what happens if one of our crazies put a box of dynamite underneath it?

Forum List

Back