Millennials say they'll never have enough money to get what they want in life

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Well now, I wonder if they did the survey on their $1,000+ IPhone wearing $200 shoes while sucking on an $8 Starbucks coffee?

LOL.....I know, "OK Boomer". ;)

Two recessions later, millennials are feeling the financial burn.

Nearly half (45%) of the generation is very or completely concerned that their financial situation will prevent them from having the things they want in life, according to Morning Consult's State of Consumer Banking & Payments report. That's more than the overall share of US adults, 35% of whom felt that way.

Well now, I wonder if they did the survey on their $1,000+ IPhone wearing $200 shoes while sucking on an $8 Starbucks coffee?

You really think that's the reason? I agree that most people live beyond their means, but the economy is a lot different than the one the Boomers grew up in.

Millennials were born into a stingy world full of mean people that says prosperity means a lifetime of debt. They were told they were not worth the investment we made in their parents and grandparents. They were shown a hopeless, plutocratic world and told they have no right to fix it. Continually scolded for wanting free shit when they would settle for affordable. Meanwhile the boomers are bitching about minor inconveniences and sucking resources away from problems that just might kill everyone after they are dead.

Im a younger one and i agree. America is soooooooo spoiled.
And its the boomers fault. And their kids. Dont blame the children. Blame yourselves.
We got ours, you are on your own, you know, like we were. ;)
You really think that's the reason? I agree that most people live beyond their means, but the economy is a lot different than the one the Boomers grew up in.
Well they should not have dicked around so long to start building wealth and family. They don't even start on a family till they are between 24-39. Loans up the ass.....Self-inflicted it looks like to me.

Maybe their parents should have taught them better but maybe they tried and junior was not having any of it.....Sometimes if you don't listen you gotta feel.

Hell I did not have a lot by the time I paid the bills at first either but I had my first home under roof when I was 20 and completed when I was 21 along with a wife and a kid on the way. That was in the Carter years so it was not like inflation was not a factor. Oh, and we had this thing called a down payment too. Loans were hard to come by.

Were it not for my side gig trapping and such things would have been a lot tougher. Maybe they are just not putting in the work like they should.

Millennials were born into a stingy world full of mean people that says prosperity means a lifetime of debt. They were told they were not worth the investment we made in their parents and grandparents. They were shown a hopeless, plutocratic world and told they have no right to fix it. Continually scolded for wanting free shit when they would settle for affordable. Meanwhile the boomers are bitching about minor inconveniences and sucking resources away from problems that just might kill everyone after they are dead.
And yet they still praise a gov't that did this to them..............Same LSD clowns we used to laugh at back in the day.

Don't worry..........these trillions we are LAUNDERING are for you................Worst places are the political districts like San Fran where they have POOP MAPS......The leader there is 3rd in Command to the country.........

PATHETIC.......

And yet they still praise a gov't that did this to them..............Same LSD clowns we used to laugh at back in the day.

Don't worry..........these trillions we are LAUNDERING are for you................Worst places are the political districts like San Fran where they have POOP MAPS......The leader there is 3rd in Command to the country.........

PATHETIC.......
I'm nearing retirement age but if I live to be 150 I'll never be as old and bitter as you are.

Nearly half (45%) of the generation is very or completely concerned that their financial situation will prevent them from having the things they want in life, according to Morning Consult's State of Consumer Banking & Payments report. That's more than the overall share of US adults, 35% of whom felt that way.

What the heck do millennials want out of life anyway? I've been to hundreds of garage sales hosted by millennials over the last 20 years, and they of all people never seem to own anything but the bare necessities. Most people have possessions: Pieces of their family history, family heirlooms, bolts, nuts, tools, collectibles, and things that don't look like they came from Walmart or Pier One Imports. Most everything they own is also made in China.

Digging though people's shit at a garage sale is like peering back into history. Millennials don't seem to have a history. Just a job, a mortgage, some kids, two cars, and maybe a boat or a motorcycle. It's not like they're poor or anything. Hell, I'm poor but I'm blessed with lots of stuff I've accumulated over the years.

Maybe they just don't appreciate their heritage.

I don't give a fuck..............Ever seen Grumpier old men..........I'm the real grumpy one.......

They want the Free ride...........that free ride leads to a cliff...........ENJOY.
Being habitually grumpy towards others is a moral weakness.

Well if they keep voting for idiots like Joe Biden, it’s going to be true.

Being habitually grumpy towards others is a moral weakness.
Then I'm weak.........I'll shed a tear that you are saying bad things about me.............A whole tear.......might take an onion.

As you still praise gov't on here and watch them destroy our nation..............And promote the brain washing of the MILLENIALS to the WE HATE OUR COUNTRY CROWD.

Again.............I don't give a fuck if you like what I have to say or not.

Tru, true, we had to live through the loss of manufacturing in the 1970s and hyperinflation, the unstable job market of the 1980's all the while getting$2.00 to $3.50 an hour.

Last edited:
What the heck do millennials want out of life anyway? I've been to hundreds of garage sales hosted by millennials over the last 20 years, and they of all people never seem to own anything but the bare necessities. Most people have possessions: Pieces of their family history, family heirlooms, bolts, nuts, tools, collectibles, and things that don't look like they came from Walmart or Pier One Imports. Most everything they own is also made in China.

Digging though people's shit at a garage sale is like peering back into history. Millennials don't seem to have a history. Just a job, a mortgage, some kids, two cars, and maybe a boat or a motorcycle. It's not like they're poor or anything. Hell, I'm poor but I'm blessed with lots of stuff I've accumulated over the years.

Their heritage is the compulsory empty consumerism of the late 20th century. What do you expect? The road to happiness leads to Walmart. Maybe that floor lamp or throw pillows might fill the void in the middle of your life.

When they lead a disposable lifestyle they should not be surprised to find that they are easily discarded themselves. They tend to brag on not being loyal, to work or to whatever they are living with.....Well as they age they are finding that sword cuts both ways too.

My granddad was well to do by Farmer John standards but when he passed and we were cleaning out the workshop he had coffee cans of reused/straightened nails/fence staples and as many cans of bolts/nuts.

Then again he lived thee miles off a state road and the nearest general store was 10 miles farther on. You did not waste anything and made what you could yourself.

They made their own lye soap till they died. The old lye hopper (lye made from wood stove ash) was still there a few years back.

Their heritage is the compulsory empty consumerism of the late 20th century. What do you expect? The road to happiness leads to Walmart. Maybe that floor lamp or throw pillows might fill the void in the middle of your life.
Didn't you sell your soul to the Markets.................and our industry to the Chinese ..............You happy in your wealth and fame.........at the expense of the nation........

Are you happy brain dead I HATE AMERICA people walk out of Berkley everyday being taught that AMERICA SUCKS and needs to be destroyed.

You and your party helped to make these ZOMBIES...........oh well..........They are GETTING KARMA.

New Topics

Forum List

Back