military strategic tactics

xeinenth

Jun 7, 2015
Which periphery is more preferable; either the offensive and, or defensive??
Alternatively... are such positions of pure contingency in their infrastructure???

battle-plan-baby-cute-planning-kids-strategy-demotivational-posters-1322161605.jpg

Alternatively... are such positions of pure contingency in their infrastructure???

I read a book a few years ago, written by David Kilcullen - about the current war as well as counter-insurgency procedures and tactics. I thought he used high flutin college words........but you are almost there.

Offensive operations takes the cake, and in war is more preferable in my opinion. You take the fight to the enemy, and this gives you room to pick your battles. Time and real-estate is on your side. It is ideal to push the enemy.....make them loose ground, fail to be capable of resupplying, destroying their numbers and denying them intelligence operations. There are other tactics and procedures.....but I will not discuss them.

Offensive operations IS COSTLY, and you have to have the manpower and resources. Equipment has to be in top shape......and there is little room for time loss and set backs - as offensive operations is a team operation and involves many units.....all coordinated by one command.

( Prior Service - Combat Veteran ) -------> Shadow 355

I read a book a few years ago, written by David Kilcullen - about the current war as well as counter-insurgency procedures and tactics. I thought he used high flutin college words........but you are almost there.

Offensive operations takes the cake, and in war is more preferable in my opinion. You take the fight to the enemy, and this gives you room to pick your battles. Time and real-estate is on your side. It is ideal to push the enemy.....make them loose ground, fail to be capable of resupplying, destroying their numbers and denying them intelligence operations. There are other tactics and procedures.....but I will not discuss them.

Offensive operations IS COSTLY, and you have to have the manpower and resources. Equipment has to be in top shape......and there is little room for time loss and set backs - as offensive operations is a team operation and involves many units.....all coordinated by one command.

( Prior Service - Combat Veteran ) -------> Shadow 355

Forum List

Back