Midterm blowout: Republicans have a 13-point lead

That is subject to change. If the D's can get the Voting Rights Atrocity passed, they'll be able to harvest enough votes to easily negate that 13 point lead and instead respond with a landslide this fall.

Ain't gonna happen. Their voting rights bills are dead. But, what they might be able to pass is some form of their BBB Bill, slimmed down here and there. It could be that the progressives on the Far Left won't vote for whatever the final BBB version is; whatever Manchin and Sinema want might not get through the House, cuz the dems have some crazies to deal with within their own party. It will also be interesting to see if any GOPers vote for it.

So...do you think we'll have enough votes to nuke the filibuster?

No. That's dead too.

But what isn't dead is a bipartisan effort to reform the 1887 Elector Count Act. I like to see bipartisan efforts get passed, even if it ain't the greatest piece of legislation ever. It's about damn time the moderates in both parties took back their power in DC. The dem moderates in particular are very vulnerable IMHO, so I can see this happening. If there is a red wave, they are the ones who will probably get canned. Unfortunately, many of the crazies from deep blue states/districts will probably get re-elected.

Filed under the heading of "Famous Last Words", tomorrow is the two year anniversary of this famous line,

“It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine,”

Again, way too early. :)
How does one not know Trump actually meant Hunter Biden also.
I mean,Trump does seem to possess powers as did a Favorite Johnny Carson
character ... Carnac the Magnificent .

You are indeed quite foolish!
That's half the point.These Democrats are recklessly dangerous.
Like no other party in American history.I don't know how many times
I've her the word " Insane " used to desrcibe the latest verion of a Democrat
talking pts. or Opinion.Some in the know like a Victor Davis Hanson are even
at a loss in describing what Democrats are pulling.Memories of the French
Revolution and the Jacobins may come closest.
But maybe s'not.

The party that holds the presidency has always lost the House and Senate during the midterms.

This has happened since WWII.
It's the number of seats lost that matters as far as judging the success or failure of a party/POTUS's first two years.

Trump lost 40 House seats and gained two Senate seats in 2018. Pretty bad but not near as bad as Clinton and the Halfrican.

The Halfrican lost 63 House seats in 2010 and 6 Senate seats. In 2012 the bleeding continued and he lost 13 House and 9 Senate seats.

Clinton lost 52 seats in the House and 8 in the Senate but actually went out on a high note in '98 gaining 5 house seats and managed a wash (0) in the Senate.

It all seems to hinge on POTUS approval ratings and if Tater's remains in the 40s then look for a Halfrican-style bloodbath.....His approval rating was 45% in 2010.

Ain't gonna happen. Their voting rights bills are dead. But, what they might be able to pass is some form of their BBB Bill, slimmed down here and there. It could be that the progressives on the Far Left won't vote for whatever the final BBB version is; whatever Manchin and Sinema want might not get through the House, cuz the dems have some crazies to deal with within their own party. It will also be interesting to see if any GOPers vote for it.

No. That's dead too.

But what isn't dead is a bipartisan effort to reform the 1887 Elector Count Act. I like to see bipartisan efforts get passed, even if it ain't the greatest piece of legislation ever. It's about damn time the moderates in both parties took back their power in DC. The dem moderates in particular are very vulnerable IMHO, so I can see this happening. If there is a red wave, they are the ones who will probably get canned. Unfortunately, many of the crazies from deep blue states/districts will probably get re-elected.
I heard something yesterday as to a real creepy way Democrats are going about
Targetting people.They are waiting to release dire data that I guess has to be released
in order to follow law in order to go after someone with a subpoena who may be
mentioned in that data {doc} release.This happened to an important person
on December 26th,I believe.Or maybe a day prior.They got a subpoena right after
an important Doc became pubic and since all offices were closed for the holiday
a judge was rounded up to make a decision as to the legitimacy of
a proper warrant since the person to be served with a subpoena was not
allotted proper time to respond.The Judge { I believe a radical D.C. Judge }
basically made the decision ... Too bad.
That is somewhat how Roger Stone was treated,Almost.
Try ... 29 armed agents sent by the FBI with 17 vehicles, a helicopter,
2 amphibious units,in a pre-dawn raid.
" Every agent was carrying an AK-47 as well a sidearm."
" A much larger force than used to capture and kill Bin Laden and
arrest El Chapo. "
Stalinism ... anyone

The party that holds the presidency has always lost the House and Senate during the midterms.

This has happened since WWII.
First, that isn't accurate but second, this isn't about your shrewd observation. This is about the magnitude of what's coming and far more - about WHY IT IS COMING. Your party deserves all the misfortune and political pain coming that's its way. Will YOU scream about a stolen or illegitimate election this year due to "voter suppression"? Your party is going to. Hell, they already ARE...

Doesn't matter that much since Republicans aren't going to do much anyway, despite all the noise the RNC shills blabber around on the innernetz, just more corporate welfare and more giant tax breaks for off-shoring and more wetback 'paths to citizenship' scams to kill wage increases for citizens. And don't forget adding 10 million more green cards to the queue and killing wages for the skilled workers.

That is subject to change. If the D's can get the Voting Rights Atrocity passed, they'll be able to harvest enough votes to easily negate that 13 point lead and instead respond with a landslide this fall.
Oh well. Then again, elections don't matter much during a Civil War.

I read somewhere that Pelosi said she was going to hang around instead of retiring. This brought to mind the Harris problem. I feel something is going to happen regarding Biden leaving the presidency. DNC knows Harris is a flat tire and an almost guaranteed 2024 loss. So if Harris were to leave, the veep would be appointed. Pelosi VP, then biden leaves for 'health' reasons? First woman prez. I wouldn't count Hillary out of this scenario.

Just a thought.
According to the 25th Amendment, the president nominates someone for that job but it must be approved by a simple majority in Congress. Since the Senate is a 50/50 split and since Harris would no longer be eligible to break the tie, McConnell could essentially veto Harris' choice if he disapproves. God only knows what the Turtle might decide to do. He isn't likely to run again in '24 but who knows...

Won't happen... They can't get their jackass bills passed. The people aren't that dumb anymore, and they expect better from their leader's. The people know what's going on now, and they know how the Democrat's destroyed security on the border in order to flood the nation in a plan to gain illegal's they want to make legal to vote. Their agenda has become so transparent now, and the citizen's are revolting against it, even their own base to some degree is now scratching their heads thinking "I thought those republicans we're just being mean, but turns out they were right about how crazy these nut job's are".

According to the 25th Amendment, the president nominates someone for that job but it must be approved by a simple majority in Congress. Since the Senate is a 50/50 split and since Harris would no longer be eligible to break the tie, McConnell could essentially veto Harris' choice if he disapproves. God only knows what the Turtle might decide to do. He isn't likely to run again in '24 but who knows...
Wasn't Woodrow Wilson's wife acting in his authority when he was too sick to
show up for work.

Forum List

Back