Michigan police reform bill to requires ‘jiu jitsu’ blue belt for all officers

facts on the ground say different,, like jacob blaker and the guy in the drive through in atlanta,, both times cops got their ass's handed to them,,
and there are many more cases like those,,
Whose side are you arguing for? Are you claiming some training in judo will turn every cop into
a Chuck Norris clone? :rolleyes:

Very doubtful and dangerous. Wrestling with criminals just invites the possibility of being disarmed
and having weapons turned on you!
a blue belt is not "SOME TRAINING",,

and they wrestle with criminals everyday and this will just benefit the cops,,

more like whos side are you on?? sounds like its the criminals,,

facts on the ground say different,, like jacob blaker and the guy in the drive through in atlanta,, both times cops got their ass's handed to them,,
Whose side are you arguing for? Are you claiming some training in judo will turn every cop into

Very doubtful and dangerous. Wrestling with criminals just invites the possibility of being disarmed
Ohh that's part two. Can't you see that coming? The police are trained in martial arts. They no longer need firearms. Disarm them.
when that happens you let us know and I will be against it with you,,

Ohh that's part two. Can't you see that coming? The police are trained in martial arts. They no longer need firearms. Disarm them.

That's the real issue. People will think that this training could take the place of deadly force in many situations, and they would be wrong.

There is an old parody nursery rhyme I am reminded of.

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Jack see mugger, Jack give kick.
Jack show daring, Jack show skill
Jack shown bullet quicker still.

That's the real issue. People will think that this training could take the place of deadly force in many situations, and they would be wrong.

it might have stopped the cop in atlanta from facing murder charges,,

Think of dealing with a high as a kite giant like George Floyd using only judo.
IN THEORY a smaller person and take down a larger person. IN THEORY!

An amazingly bone headed idea that will result in more cops dead in Michigan.

If you know Judo and can use it to take down bigger opponents great.
I'm saying making a martial art a key component of policing is looking for trouble.
Why?

If more police had better grappling skills they might not need to shoot as many people. Maybe.

Might have, could have, maybe, kinda, sorta.

"Might have" is a big canvas under which to hide. I don't know the details of the Atlanta case but
what ifs and could haves usually are inconclusive and speculative.
not always,, we teach them basic hand to hand,, so what this does is takes it to another level and gives them a higher advantage,,

go to youtube and search "cops get beaten up" and then come back and tell me they dont need a better advantage,,

FFS we teach it to women to defend themselves against attackers and youre complaining about cops being taught the same thing

Why?

If more police had better grappling skills they might not need to shoot as many people. Maybe.
I'll give one good reason why...because it puts the police in a situation where they are surrendering
their clear tactical advantage away on the gamble that they might be able to take criminals
down using martial art skills.

If I was a cop I would not wish to gamble with my life like that.
Maybe you've watched too many kung fu movies.

Jui Jitsu will never be a replacement for a gun, knife, at steel baton. It IS a very good complimentary tool to those weapons, but will not replace them.

Additionally, I believe there are better martial arts/self-defense systems out there AND regardless of what hand/to/hand system is implemented thst ALL require constant training and practice to maintain a level of competency.

Why?

I'll give one good reason why...because it puts the police in a situation where they are surrendering
their clear tactical advantage away on the gamble that they might be able to take criminals

you leftist are all the same no matter what color kool ade youre drinking,,

So the defund the police wants cops to go hand to hand combat now?

Jujitsu can teach you techniques for disarming people. They can be quite effective if your attacker is within arms reach. However if the attacker if armed with a knife my jujitsu instructor told my class, “There‘s a good chance you will be cut especially if you are dealing with someone who understands how to fight with a knife.”

Now if your attacker is armed with a gun and is eight to ten feet away you can perform a judo roll out to get you close enough to your attacker to use the short range disarming tactics. Your chances of not being shot are roughly 50/50.

My jujitsu instructor was a 7th degree black belt in judo but he told my class that he considered a man armed with a Colt .45 pistol an 8th degree black belt.

I can see considerable value in training cops in jujitsu but don’t expect them to morph into Bruce Lee and throw away their firearms.

Why?

How do you explain Atlanta?

not always,, we teach them basic hand to hand,, so what this does is takes it to another level and gives them a higher advantage,,

go to youtube and search "cops get beaten up" and then come back and tell me they dont need a better advantage,,

FFS we teach it to women to defend themselves against attackers and youre complaining about cops being taught the same thing
In New Jersey Sonny Liston would take away the night sticks of cops there and beat them with their own
weapons into pulps.
Putting cops on more equal footing with hardened psycho criminals is never a good idea.
I think hand to hand fighting with a criminal is never a good idea.
I think what Michigan proposes is not a good idea.

Would be interesting to see the cops doing all those martial arts moves that the Orientals came up with.

But I'm not sure how well they would work against someone with a firearm

In New Jersey Sonny Liston would take away the night sticks of cops there and beat them with their own
weapons into pulps.
Putting cops on more equal footing with hardened psycho criminals is never a good idea.
I think hand to hand fighting with a criminal is never a good idea.
I think what Michigan proposes is not a good idea.
thats an emotion driven response,,

all training adds to the effectiveness of any officer,,, and this one greatly increases it,,

So the defund the police wants cops to go hand to hand combat now?

If they are gonna go that route, they better well give them slash free sleeved shirts and stab and bullet proof vests, helmet (for bats & such objects) and face shields. Or they can just use non lethal netting guns.
5bqv6a.jpg

Forum List

Back