Michigan police reform bill to requires ‘jiu jitsu’ blue belt for all officers

So the defund the police wants cops to go hand to hand combat now?

Sure. Using Karate in a Gun fight?
It works for Jackie Chan.

This is truly a bonehead idea.
why??
whats wrong with well trained cops??
it would have stopped the jacob blake and the drive thru incident where the cops got their ass's kicked,,
Where do you think the chokehold came from?

It works real good in the movies. TV shows actually show 100 pound women picking up 300 pound assailants and throw them into a wall.

The first time a cop body slams a black teen the requirement of training killer cops will be done.
Movies are not reality.

My jujitsu instructor told the women in our class to use the techniques he taught to get a chance to escape and then run away fast.

Why?

If more police had better grappling skills they might not need to shoot as many people. Maybe.
I'll give one good reason why...because it puts the police in a situation where they are surrendering
their clear tactical advantage away on the gamble that they might be able to take criminals
down using martial art skills.

If I was a cop I would not wish to gamble with my life like that.
Maybe you've watched too many kung fu movies.
How do you explain Atlanta?
I don't try. I would just repeat my other comment.

Would be interesting to see the cops doing all those martial arts moves that the Orientals came up with.

But I'm not sure how well they would work against someone with a firearm

wouldnt work and why cops have guns,,

but if they walk into a house to talk and someone jumps them they have an advantage and it might save their life,,

why??
it would have stopped the jacob blake and the drive thru incident where the cops got their ass's kicked,,

It works real good in the movies. TV shows actually show 100 pound women picking up 300 pound assailants and throw them into a wall.

The first time a cop body slams a black teen the requirement of training killer cops will be done.
Movies are not reality.

My jujitsu instructor told the women in our class to use the techniques he taught to get a chance to escape and then run away fast.
in a cops case it would give them the chance to escape and pull their gun,,

Why?

If more police had better grappling skills they might not need to shoot as many people. Maybe.
I'll give one good reason why...because it puts the police in a situation where they are surrendering
their clear tactical advantage away on the gamble that they might be able to take criminals
down using martial art skills.

If I was a cop I would not wish to gamble with my life like that.
Maybe you've watched too many kung fu movies.
How do you explain Atlanta?
I don't try. I would just repeat my other comment.
You saw the video?

not always,, we teach them basic hand to hand,, so what this does is takes it to another level and gives them a higher advantage,,

go to youtube and search "cops get beaten up" and then come back and tell me they dont need a better advantage,,

FFS we teach it to women to defend themselves against attackers and youre complaining about cops being taught the same thing
In New Jersey Sonny Liston would take away the night sticks of cops there and beat them with their own
weapons into pulps.
Putting cops on more equal footing with hardened psycho criminals is never a good idea.
I think hand to hand fighting with a criminal is never a good idea.
I think what Michigan proposes is not a good idea.
The choke hold was the best martial art technique for subduing a bad guy even if he was on PCP. The problem is cops would apply far too much force while applying it.

why??

Movies are not reality.

Exactly right.

Police will always have to put their hands on criminals at times. Not sure why anyone would be opposed to them being better at it. Do these same people oppose officers qualifying on the gun range?

not always,, we teach them basic hand to hand,, so what this does is takes it to another level and gives them a higher advantage,,

go to youtube and search "cops get beaten up" and then come back and tell me they dont need a better advantage,,

FFS we teach it to women to defend themselves against attackers and youre complaining about cops being taught the same thing
In New Jersey Sonny Liston would take away the night sticks of cops there and beat them with their own
weapons into pulps.
Putting cops on more equal footing with hardened psycho criminals is never a good idea.
The choke hold was the best martial art technique for subduing a bad guy even if he was on PCP. The problem is cops would apply far too much force while applying it.
My cousin tried it on me, I busted out of it and beat his ass to a pulp 30 years ago

weapons into pulps.
My cousin tried it on me, I busted out of it and beat his ass to a pulp 30 years ago
sure you did,, and I am sure he was being careful to not hurt you,,

There's nothing wrong with making judo another tool in your toll box.
Thinking martial arts training is going to eliminate problems during interactions with criminals is crazy.

1622738116613.png

weapons into pulps.
And that means no one could choke your ass out?

There's nothing wrong with making judo another tool in your toll box.
Thinking martial arts training is going to eliminate problems during interactions with criminals is crazy.
you are using a broad brush there,,,

fact is based on the videos I watched of cops getting their ass's kicked I can say for sure you are wrong,,

why??

Movies are not reality.

Exactly right.
You do realize that George Floyd was held in a compliance hold until he died. No weapon was used. Just hand to hand combat.

weapons into pulps.
He was the only one who tried, I had racoon eyes for a month and he had a busted jaw

why??

Movies are not reality.

Exactly right.
You do realize that George Floyd was held in a compliance hold until he died. No weapon was used. Just hand to hand combat.
what hand to hand combat was used?? they took him out of a car and put him on the ground and as you say a compliance hold,,

weapons into pulps.
He was the only one who tried, I had racoon eyes for a month and he had a busted jaw
That doesn’t answer my question.

Forum List

Back