Michael Brown v. Trayvon Martin

I don't see how they are comparable.

First off Martin was clearly self defense from the story of the only eye witness. And it didn't involve police officers.

Second, Brown is not clearly self defense from the multiple eye witnesses. It may be if the facts are significantly different than what has been reported. Precisely why we need an investigation. this case does involve police officers.

Let the investigation be conducted and then let's make decisions based on facts.

Trayvon doesn't have the right to defend himself from armed stalkers?
No. He had the right to defend himself from assault, but then so did Zimmerman.

For once, Obama not saying much of anything about the incident was a smart move.

Did he know about the video?... or was he just lucky not falling into a media meme trap?

For once, Obama not saying much of anything about the incident was a smart move.

Did he know about the video?... or was he just lucky not falling into a media meme trap?

Obama isn't exactly stupid. I am sure he has learned from past mistakes, though he still needs some work.

You're kidding. Obama has already shot his mouth off over this.

Maybe I missed something. I only saw him talk in general, not take a position on the specifics, like he did with the Trayvon incident, imagining Trayvon was his son, or the Harvard Professor Gates beer summit thingy.

I know it's a what if....but what if the little dude at the 711 had shot Brown...you think he was in fear of his life...facing down a 6 foot 4 300 pounder???

First off Martin was clearly self defense from the story of the only eye witness. And it didn't involve police officers.

Second, Brown is not clearly self defense from the multiple eye witnesses. It may be if the facts are significantly different than what has been reported. Precisely why we need an investigation. this case does involve police officers.

Let the investigation be conducted and then let's make decisions based on facts.

Clearly Martin wasnt a self defense story. Clearly we dont know what exactly happened. All we do know is there was evidence to confirm or deny what Zimmerman said.

If you are going to lie, do a better job of it.

Clearly Martin wasnt a self defense story. Clearly we dont know what exactly happened. All we do know is there was evidence to confirm or deny what Zimmerman said.

I haven't lied. You have. The only eye witness saw Zimmerman on the ground with Martin on top of him beating him. Completely consistent with forensic evidence and with Zimmerman's account of what happened.

The fact that you don't want to accept that doesn't make me a liar. But if you told the truth, I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
Some people have already made this comparison. But the only real point of comparison is that once the media established a narrative, facts don't matter. Here the narrative is that some cop shot Brown because...well for no reason at all. In Martn's case some white Hispanic guy shot Martin because he didnt like the looks of him. Both narratives are completely wrong, not even believable. But it doesnt matter. People will insist those are the true accounts and they will dismiss, or rationalize away any contrary evidence.

The case of Trayvon Martin is completely different. There Zimmmerman shouldn't have had his gun with him (I don't give a shit it was legal he had it with him). If he didn't have his unnecessary gun, both would have been arrested because there were no witnesses who could verify who started the right. The facts after that would have decided who should be punished. Instead someone died for no good reason.

This Brown story is nothing like that. We have to wait for the official report but given what we know now I think it is likely the cop shot him in self defense. Obviously the cop should have been carrying his gun regardless. What will really matters is how the IA report went.

If he didnt have his gun he'd be dead.
Libs are OK with dead victims. Live heroes not so much.

How could you possibly know that? A hero? Are you that dumb? What the hell makes him a hero? Nothing whatsoever. He is the one who provoked the altercation against a kid who whose destination was a relative's house. He had every right to be there. Who threw the first punch is what it comes down to. Maybe it was Martin but that doesn't justify him dying over it.

Jumping a man walking back to his car and beating him against the cement is hardly defending oneself against armed stalkers.

Had he known Zimmerman was armed, he probably wouldn't have jumped the guy.

you have zero evidence Martin Jumped Zimmerman.

Again if you are going to lie, do a better job at it.

The case of Trayvon Martin is completely different. There Zimmmerman shouldn't have had his gun with him (I don't give a shit it was legal he had it with him). If he didn't have his unnecessary gun, both would have been arrested because there were no witnesses who could verify who started the right. The facts after that would have decided who should be punished. Instead someone died for no good reason.

This Brown story is nothing like that. We have to wait for the official report but given what we know now I think it is likely the cop shot him in self defense. Obviously the cop should have been carrying his gun regardless. What will really matters is how the IA report went.

If he didnt have his gun he'd be dead.
Libs are OK with dead victims. Live heroes not so much.

How could you possibly know that? A hero? Are you that dumb? What the hell makes him a hero? Nothing whatsoever. He is the one who provoked the altercation against a kid who whose destination was a relative's house. He had every right to be there. Who threw the first punch is what it comes down to. Maybe it was Martin but that doesn't justify him dying over it.

See. THeres the narrative kicking in, despite the evidence nd facts.

I haven't lied. You have. The only eye witness saw Zimmerman on the ground with Martin on top of him beating him. Completely consistent with forensic evidence and with Zimmerman's account of what happened.

The fact that you don't want to accept that doesn't make me a liar. But if you told the truth, I'd be surprised.

the only witness thinks he saw someone on top of someone. He didnt know who. Great! Martin beat up Zimmerman, You still have ZERO proof Martin jumped Zimmerman...

I know this is a difficult thing to understand. Facts...

The truth is something you are not familiar with based on what you've posted.

The truth about Zimmerman is that he he followed the guy, called the police, Instead of waiting he followed somemore, ( which he had the legal right to do. ) Then something happened,Martin most likely got the upper hand, Zimmerman panicked because he feared for his life because he got in over his head, and shot the guy. Which given the current law is perfectly legal in Florida. Furthermore there was no evidence to conflict with Zimmerman because the only other real witness was dead. So therefore based on the evidence given, Zimmerman was let go. Which was the right call.

those are the facts...Nothing more, and nothing less. Everything else is your pathetic attempt to Bullshit your dumbass opinion on the matter. someday you will realize you are really this stupid. Well i hope someday.

Jumping a man walking back to his car and beating him against the cement is hardly defending oneself against armed stalkers.

That was Zimmerman's testimony. There was nothing to contradict it. If you're going to be stupid, at least dont try so hard.

Some people have already made this comparison. But the only real point of comparison is that once the media established a narrative, facts don't matter. Here the narrative is that some cop shot Brown because...well for no reason at all. In Martn's case some white Hispanic guy shot Martin because he didnt like the looks of him. Both narratives are completely wrong, not even believable. But it doesnt matter. People will insist those are the true accounts and they will dismiss, or rationalize away any contrary evidence.

Ok, so what was the reason the cops gave why he was shot so many times? You dont know because they never gave a reason.

But its everyone elses fault they dont have a reason tho?

the only witness thinks he saw someone on top of someone. He didnt know who. Great! Martin beat up Zimmerman, You still have ZERO proof Martin jumped Zimmerman...

I know this is a difficult thing to understand. Facts...

The truth is something you are not familiar with based on what you've posted.

The truth about Zimmerman is that he he followed the guy, called the police, Instead of waiting he followed somemore, ( which he had the legal right to do. ) Then something happened,Martin most likely got the upper hand, Zimmerman panicked because he feared for his life because he got in over his head, and shot the guy. Which given the current law is perfectly legal in Florida. Furthermore there was no evidence to conflict with Zimmerman because the only other real witness was dead. So therefore based on the evidence given, Zimmerman was let go. Which was the right call.

those are the facts...Nothing more, and nothing less. Everything else is your pathetic attempt to Bullshit your dumbass opinion on the matter. someday you will realize you are really this stupid. Well i hope someday.
Wow, theres that low information thing kicking in.
You lef tout that Martin was on top of Zimmerman. You left out that Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head on the pavement. Those are sort of crucial when deciding whether someone was in fear of his life or not.
You also left out that Martin had a history of robbibg houses and was acting suspiciously, like he was casing houses to rob. That isnt material to Zimmerman's guilt or innocence--he was clearly innocent. But it adds context.

Ok, so what was the reason the cops gave why he was shot so many times? You dont know because they never gave a reason.

But its everyone elses fault they dont have a reason tho?

I dont know. What do you think the reason was? Do you think it was because he was a racist cop gunning down a random black kid?

Knowledge of biological responses to combat as well as the research into shootings would show why, if at all, multiple shots are fired against an attacker. The body spikes adrenaline and that effects vision and hearing and reaction time, as well as perception of the world...in most cases, once the spike hits you can empty your weapon and not realize you have done it. Of course, the liberals who look at police shootings, as well as civilian shootings don't look at this research, so they assume reasons for actions that have no bearing on the reality of the combat involved.

You're the liar. A jury said enough evidence was presented to determine Martin did mug Zimmerman. Leftists lie. That's all you need to know.

Forum List

Back