Michael Block - PGA Championship

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This guy is the tour pro at Oak Hill C.C. where the championship is being played, his goal was to make the cut, and on the final round, he is tied for 8th place and teeing off with Rory McElroy today. Pretty cool story. No doubt that the poor weather of the last two rounds helped him as a lot of players have struggled and scores are low. If he finishes in the top 15 he gets an exemption into next years PGA Championship.

I didn't realize that he was the club pro at that venue. But you still have to make the shots.

If anything can be "heartwarming" in this brutal, costly, boring, and time-consuming sport, this was it.

I couldn't believe that Kopeka was not the favorite at the start. He was +2100 to win, so I wagered $17 on him and I won $374.

Just watched a YouTube video on Block's clubs. Nothing special, fairly old...could be duplicated at a second hand store, including the driver and 2-ball putter, for a couple hundred bucks. Will he get an endorsement deal from a club mfgr? Also, he's not a typical club pro. He regularly wins local competitions among top amateurs and pro's.

Forum List

Back