Mexicans burned us flags I. Response to execution of cop killer

Key point-

Officials have expressed little doubt about his conviction for killing a policeman about 20 years ago. Yet both the Bush and Obama administrations urged the state to give Arias a new hearing - for diplomatic reasons. Arias was a Mexican national, and his lawyers said his consular rights were denied, which kept him from getting the best possible defense. Now, the State Department is worried about the effect his execution could have on Americans arrested in other countries. Mexico's government strongly objected to it.

Um, yeah, can anyone say "Amanda Knox"?

Imagine someone who probably didn't do it not being given access to the American consulate....

Compare the us to Italy? Italy fucking jailed scientists over an earthquake prediction

I think you miss the point.

Yeah, Italy's justice system has a lot of flaws. (Although I suspect your claims about earthquake scientists will prove as faulty as all your other claims once I research it.)

But the fact is, the American Consulate pushed for justice for Ms. Knox when she was wrongfully accussed and denied her rights. So she isn't growing old in an Italian Prison today.

If we don't respect the rights of foriegn nationals, they won't respect ours.

Mexicans burned US flags in response to our executing one of theirs?

And? Let'em burn them. It hurts no one.

Look at libs defending illegal alien cop killers and flag burning supporters

What would you have done to those who burned the flag?

Not allow him into the USA illegally but you libs will rollout the welcome mat

Oh, "us libs"? lol Our southern border has been wide for as long as I have been alive (50+ years). And how many republicans have offered amnesty? Play that shit someplace else. Neither libs nor cons have done jack shit to stop the illegal immigration.

But nice answer. It's a pity it wasn't an answer to the question I asked.

Look at libs defending illegal alien cop killers and flag burning supporters

Not finding any posts doing either.
I have no problem with slipping the needle to the guy, it should have happened years ago. The problem is that guarantees of communications with consular staff protects US citizens abroad. If those guarantees are to be ignored here, we have little room to complain when those guarantees are ignored elsewhere.

As for flag burning, I don't defend it, nor do I get my panties in a wad over it. Go burn a Mexican flag, get some hot dogs, make some smores, make a party of it and call a reporter to get your pic in the paper.

Compare the us to Italy? Italy fucking jailed scientists over an earthquake prediction

I think you miss the point.

Yeah, Italy's justice system has a lot of flaws. (Although I suspect your claims about earthquake scientists will prove as faulty as all your other claims once I research it.)

But the fact is, the American Consulate pushed for justice for Ms. Knox when she was wrongfully accussed and denied her rights. So she isn't growing old in an Italian Prison today.

If we don't respect the rights of foriegn nationals, they won't respect ours.

Here you go.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/w...icts-7-for-failure-to-warn-of-quake.html?_r=0

The American consulate abandoned Amanda Knox. They limited themselves to "monitoring" the trial. Other than that, they told Knox to basically fuck off.
Amanda Knox: Letter to President Obama on failure to protect her rights - Seattle Headlines | Examiner.com

The letter indicates seven areas in which Italian or EU law was violated by prosecutors and police in Perugia, Italy and was written and sent to President Obama on May 16, 2011, by Michael Heavey, a superior court judge acting in a personal capacity only, and cosigned by Thomas Wright, founder of Friends of Amanda; Dr. Mark C. Waterbury, author of The Monster of Perugia – The Framing of Amanda Knox; and prominent Seattle attorney Anne Bremner, spokesperson of Friends of Amanda.

You sneek into our country illegally, then kill an American officer of the law.

Yeah, I'm going to need a big hankerchief to mop up all my tears after your execution.

Forum List

Back