Mets vs. Padres wild card tonight, loser goes home

DeGrom and Scherzer aren’t lights out like they were a month ago
Scherzer is playing hurt, but DeGrom hasn’t been himself. I’m wondering if he’s feeling the pressure of being in a contract year

The Mets spent something like 175 days in 1st place. The Braves spent eight.

One of the more spectacular chokes in recent memory.

I'm a die hard Mets fan, so I absolutely want them to go all the way. If they don't win tonight, though, I lived in San Diego for 30 years, so I've no problem rooting for the Padres...

The Mets spent something like 175 days in 1st place. The Braves spent eight.

One of the more spectacular chokes in recent memory.

I'm a die hard Mets fan, so I absolutely want them to go all the way. If they don't win tonight, though, I lived in San Diego for 30 years, so I've no problem rooting for the Padres...
Mets didn’t choke. 101 wins is no choke
Braves outplayed them

The biggest mistake the Mets made is not getting another slugger to complement Alonzo. Soto would have been perfect. Had the Mets traded for Juan Soto they would won the division. Daniel Vogelbach is decent player, but we needed someone better at the trade deadline

The biggest mistake the Mets made is not getting another slugger to complement Alonzo. Soto would have been perfect. Had the Mets traded for Juan Soto they would won the division. Daniel Vogelbach is decent player, but we needed someone better at the trade deadline
They never took DH seriously and it was a hole in their lineup all year
They are going out meekly this series

They never took DH seriously and it was a hole in their lineup all year
They are going out meekly this series
I expected them to put up better fight than this. Now the big question is is DeGrom going to re-sign?

I expected them to put up better fight than this. Now the big question is is DeGrom going to re-sign?
One of the best Pitchers I have ever seen, but he doesn’t give you innings or stay healthy
I wouldn’t break the bank on a long term contract

One of the best Pitchers I have ever seen, but he doesn’t give you innings or stay healthy
I wouldn’t break the bank on a long term contract
He’ll be 35 next year. I’m a big fan. Tremendous talent and I love his demeanor. Some was is going to pay him, I prefer it to be Cohen. Having said that I would try to make it a five year contract, not more.

The lower seeds in the wild card tend to have some kind of advantage, which I believe is they don't suffer from the weight of expectations. Phillies, Padres, and Seattle all played loose. Look at how many wild cards have won the WS in the past two decades, at this point in the season, it's all about momentum and emotion. The Mets were gonna lose because they came into the playoffs after a regular season collapse.

Forum List

Back