Mental hospitals needed: Dodgers player found sleeping behind airport

I used to live in Key West. Mental health facilities are on the mainland. Even so, there are very few beds available and if he is neither suicidal or homicidal he will not get in. No insurance? Forget any help whatsoever.

I read this earlier. What's the point of arresting him and putting him in jail? That's not what he needs.

But thanks to men in dirty black robes most mental institutions have been closed since the 1960's.

And in of all places, Seattle is closing a mental hospital. Did you see the mugshots of many arrested in Seattle for the 'protests'? Just by looking you could see at least half were obviously mentally ill (or possessed). Yet back out on the streets.

Poor guy (please read the link entirely before commenting)

Sad. This nation's system of helping out the mentally ill needs to REALLY be improved.

They did 'improve' it, they think, by closing mental hospitals. The use of new drugs as virtually guaranteed by many in the psychiatric community to foreclose the need of institutionalization. That experiment has failed, horribly.

Sad. This nation's system of helping out the mentally ill needs to REALLY be improved.

They did 'improve' it, they think, by closing mental hospitals. The use of new drugs as virtually guaranteed by many in the psychiatric community to foreclose the need of institutionalization. That experiment has failed, horribly.
We obviously DO need to see mental institutions re-opened. NOW.

Our mental health system has been in disarray for decades now.
So much needs to change.

What they fail to talk about is the mentally ill will not take those meds voluntarily.

What they fail to talk about is the mentally ill will not take those meds voluntarily.

Yep. Unless and until the courts change on this we will see more and more of the insane leading policy as many were involved in these 'protests'.

The inmates are running the asylum.

I just spoke to the Dodgers front office and they admitted that he has also been caught stealing on multiple occasions.
Which explains why an arrest took place instead of a mental hospital admission. My question is, does the guy really have mental issues?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what is actually considered crazy enough to get a person thrown into such a facility? Of course one person's definition will not mirror another person's definition.

I just spoke to the Dodgers front office and they admitted that he has also been caught stealing on multiple occasions.
Which explains why an arrest took place instead of a mental hospital admission. My question is, does the guy really have mental issues?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what is actually considered crazy enough to get a person thrown into such a facility? Of course one person's definition will not mirror another person's definition.
Vote for Nancy Pelosi or put ketchup on your hotdogs

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Suicidal or homicidal but even if you get someone in there that is no guarantee there will be any actual treatment. They will simply medicate them and release them and call them cured. They write prescriptions for them knowing that they won't be filled.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Vote for Nancy Pelosi or put ketchup on your hotdogs
What if a person like myself already eats a hotdog with ketchup on it?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back