Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

what's suspicious is why anyone would think that hiring somebody through an employment agency with a statement that the candidate is in the country legally is not proper due diligence.

What's suspicious is this "surprise" promoted by gloria allred a few week's before the election.

what's suspicious is why private citizens are supposed to enforce immigration laws when the federal government is suing the state of arizona for trying to do the same.

bingo!

News today, Meg Whitman employed an illegal alien for Nine Years as a housekeeper. So, what is her campaigns reaction?
Of course, it's all about the left wing media negative attack. This from a campaign that has spent months and $$$$'s on attacking her Republican opponent in the primaries and Attorney General Brown since she bought the Republican nomination for Governor of California.

Basically.... the way I see is this.

Whitman says she vetted the "lying illegal alien" as best she could. (she was using fake SSN and ID)

OK, then what else was she to do?

Those letters from the SSA shouldn't have raised a red flag?

What's suspicious is why anyone would think that hiring somebody through an employment agency with a statement that the candidate is in the country legally is not proper due diligence.

What's suspicious is this "surprise" promoted by Gloria Allred a few week's before the election.

What's suspicious is why private citizens are supposed to enforce immigration laws when the Federal Government is suing the state of Arizona for trying to do the same.
I agree that private citizens shouldn't enforce immigration law. I also don't think employers should.

However, in this case Whitman was the employer and the law is clear. If that letter from the SSA is valid she is toast.

If she ever got the letter.

And what do you mean toast? Tax Cheat Tim did it, and he isn't toast, in fact he was made Sec of Tres.

Last edited:
She got the letter.

However, perception here is what will win or lose her this election on this issue: if the Hispanic vote takes to heart the idea that Whitman is hanging out her former housekeeper simply to be governor, then they will make sure that she won't be.

What's suspicious is why anyone would think that hiring somebody through an employment agency with a statement that the candidate is in the country legally is not proper due diligence.

What's suspicious is this "surprise" promoted by Gloria Allred a few week's before the election.

What's suspicious is why private citizens are supposed to enforce immigration laws when the Federal Government is suing the state of Arizona for trying to do the same.

I tend to agree with this. Where we part ways is that the SSA sent Meg several letters saying the Social Security Number was bogus. They sent their first letter in 2003, and Meg kept this woman on her payroll until 2009, when she decided to try to buy the CA governor's seat.

What's funny is how people were ragging on Colen Powell suggesting that some of the firms he contracted with were sending people he believed to be undocumented workers. Now this lady had an undocumented worker on her payroll, and received notice that the SSN was BS. The woman runs on this tough immigration position, and the wingnuts want to weasel out an excuse for her. I just doesn't get any funnier than this.

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant – Meg Whitman who is running for Governor of California decided to fire her maid for nine years after she allegedly find out that she was an illegal alien. Whitman is running on a campaign of strong illegal immigration laws for California.

Nicky Diaz however, disputed the claims of Whitman. Diaz said that Whitman know of her illegal status since 2005 but the GOP candidate never took action. Perhaps Meg Whitman did close her eyes on the issue because Diaz was only paid $23 an hour which is very cheap.
“I was shocked and hurt that Ms. Whitman would treat me this way after 9 years,” says Diaz.

During a press conference, Diaz was flanked by Attorney Gloria Allred, where she accused Meg Whitman of wrongly firing her when she confessed her illegal status.

Whitman is alleging that this is all a political show and she never knew about DIaz status until she approached her and confessed about it.

Whitman says, “She knew I was thinking about… or I had already announced I was running for governor, and she came to us. She called me and she said, ‘I need to talk to you about something.’ And she came over on a Saturday to our house. And she said, ‘I feel terrible about this. I have to tell you that I’m not here legally.’ And my husband and I were there. We were stunned. Just amazed. And we said, ‘Gosh, Nicky. We’re gonna have to let you go.”

This issue will surely affect Whitman’s chances for Governor in the midterm elections this November. If the allegations were true this would mean that she is double-talking on the issue and fails to act on her personal case on illegal immigrants.

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant | Dots Period

---------------------------------------------------

Only paid $23/Hr? Which is cheap??

Hey. This Mexi doesn't look like Paris Hilton.

I wouldn't give her $23 to roof my house, wash my car, trim my trees, then make me a taco.

And everyone says to punish the employer. How are you going to keep Mexicans on their side of the fence when you are paying them big money to do work that any elementary school drop out could do for minimum wage.

And isn't this a job that any American would do for that amount of money?

As much as progressives would like to believe this story, there just isn't enough evidence to base an opinion. Whitman went through an employment agency to acquire the employee and the employee presented false documents to The Whitmans. False S/S number and false driver's license. In regards to the letter in question, to the Whitmans:

"She suggested that the housekeeper may have intercepted the letter, since she was in charge of the mail at the couple's Silicon Valley home.

For a second straight day, Whitman forcefully denied the allegations and called them a "political smear on me, on my family, and based on lies." She said her Democratic opponent, Jerry Brown, was behind the story and that the housekeeper was being manipulated for political gain.

When asked at a news conference whether the worker might have taken the letter intended for Whitman, she said "it's very possible." The housekeeper was in charge of going through the mail, she said."

Lawyer says Whitman's husband saw ex-maid letter - Yahoo! News

AquaAthena, if I hire you and you furnish me with fraudulent documents, I would know no later than the day the IRS or California notifies me no SSN exists for the tax I just paid on your salary.

I'm not saying this is im-pos-sible. But the only explanation I can think of is, Whitman paid no employment taxes....hardly a "face saver" for her.

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant – Meg Whitman who is running for Governor of California decided to fire her maid for nine years after she allegedly find out that she was an illegal alien. Whitman is running on a campaign of strong illegal immigration laws for California.

Nicky Diaz however, disputed the claims of Whitman. Diaz said that Whitman know of her illegal status since 2005 but the GOP candidate never took action. Perhaps Meg Whitman did close her eyes on the issue because Diaz was only paid $23 an hour which is very cheap.
“I was shocked and hurt that Ms. Whitman would treat me this way after 9 years,” says Diaz.

During a press conference, Diaz was flanked by Attorney Gloria Allred, where she accused Meg Whitman of wrongly firing her when she confessed her illegal status.

Whitman is alleging that this is all a political show and she never knew about DIaz status until she approached her and confessed about it.

Whitman says, “She knew I was thinking about… or I had already announced I was running for governor, and she came to us. She called me and she said, ‘I need to talk to you about something.’ And she came over on a Saturday to our house. And she said, ‘I feel terrible about this. I have to tell you that I’m not here legally.’ And my husband and I were there. We were stunned. Just amazed. And we said, ‘Gosh, Nicky. We’re gonna have to let you go.”

This issue will surely affect Whitman’s chances for Governor in the midterm elections this November. If the allegations were true this would mean that she is double-talking on the issue and fails to act on her personal case on illegal immigrants.

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant | Dots Period

---------------------------------------------------

Only paid $23/Hr? Which is cheap??

Hey. This Mexi doesn't look like Paris Hilton.

I wouldn't give her $23 to roof my house, wash my car, trim my trees, then make me a taco.

And everyone says to punish the employer. How are you going to keep Mexicans on their side of the fence when you are paying them big money to do work that any elementary school drop out could do for minimum wage.

And isn't this a job that any American would do for that amount of money?

As much as progressives would like to believe this story, there just isn't enough evidence to base an opinion. Whitman went through an employment agency to acquire the employee and the employee presented false documents to The Whitmans. False S/S number and false driver's license. In regards to the letter in question, to the Whitmans:

"She suggested that the housekeeper may have intercepted the letter, since she was in charge of the mail at the couple's Silicon Valley home.

For a second straight day, Whitman forcefully denied the allegations and called them a "political smear on me, on my family, and based on lies." She said her Democratic opponent, Jerry Brown, was behind the story and that the housekeeper was being manipulated for political gain.

When asked at a news conference whether the worker might have taken the letter intended for Whitman, she said "it's very possible." The housekeeper was in charge of going through the mail, she said."

AquaAthena, if I hire you and you furnish me with fraudulent documents, I would know no later than the day the IRS or California notifies me no SSN exists for the tax I just paid on your salary.

I'm not saying this is im-pos-sible. But the only explanation I can think of is, Whitman paid no employment taxes....hardly a "face saver" for her.

Was she employed as an employee or an independent contractor?

Was she employed as an employee or an independent contractor?

Well, first even if she were an independent contractor that would not save Whitman. The IRS and California would have kicked back the incorrect 1009 Whitman was required to file for each of the nine years the maid worked for her.

But the general rule is, when you can control a worker's hours, direct their tasks, and furnish them with premises, etc. it is illegal to classify them as an independent contractor to avoid employment taxes.

So no matter what, I don't see Whitman skating on this.

I'm enjoying watching these tough on immigration fuckheads that want employers to be punished backtrack when it is a Republican politician employer.

The hypocrisy is lovely.

She hired this woman THROUGH a service. As far as i am concerned it is the service who is responsible for background checking.

If she knew she was hiring an illegal then why not pay her cash and LOW wages?

I'd like to see the government enforce immigration laws instead of enabling illegal immigration via government provided identification. The small business or household shouldn't be put in the place of having to do the government's job.

That's what we've been saying - which is clearly going over your head.

Indeed. Whitman also paid the taxes, which is not what is generally done when someone is hiring an illegal under that table (that is usually a cash deal).

Forum List

Back