Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

The timing is most suspicious.

Whitman did a better job than Jerry during the debate this week. The next morning, the Allred Surprise, which is hardly a surprise at all.

agreed.

The thread started out as usual one way has now been pulled another.
Folks automatically assume if you defend someone or call bullshit its becasue you hate the opposition and sppt her him whoever.... ...whitman is not my first choice, not even my second...brown?no thx....3rd party? Carrillo died right? soooo...

That's the problem with most elections: none of the choices are really good ones.

Actually, it's based on the passage of Prop 13 which has greatly reduced the state's income. It was Brown's refusal to cut property taxes while sitting on a $5 billion dollar surplus with more money rolling in that led to voters anger and the success of Jarvis' proposition.

Brown opposed prop. 13, an initiative passed by the voters.

So did a lot of people.

What procedure did the Governor have to reduce property taxes?

Well, he could have started with recommending legislation to cut property taxes...

Why didn't Ronald Reagan cut property taxes, he was Governor for eight years prior to Brown.

No reason why he couldn't, but we're not talking about Ronald Reagan, we're talking about Jerry Brown.

No, you're blaiming Brown, who but the way inherited a budget from RR who raised taxes, which Whitman blamed on Brown in a TV commercial knowing it to be a lie.

Allred has made her case. Local TV news already has it, in California.

"However, Allred held a news conference shortly after Whitman's news conference in which she held up the letter from the Social Security Administration that was sent to Whitman's house. At the bottom of the letter was a note, allegedly written by Whitman's husband, that read, "Nicky, please check on this."

That is on the ABC , Los Angeles website. "Nicky" is not Santa Claus, in this matter. . .which may have something to do with a bunny suit(?). . .and maybe. . . lashes!

This is a California election, even near to Nevada--and Sedona, in Arizona.

Somehow, they all seem to live out West, anyone notices!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Great Half-Wit Father In Washington: Send Broomsticks of Lightening. . . .to strike at little warriors. . . in friendly nations. . . . with call centers, even(?)! Many Say, "Go Barack Go! Run Barry Run!" Hmmm!.)

Whitman knowingly hired an illegal, and then lied about it.

Illegals work for less money than Americans.

You got any proof at all other than one woman's word, and your endless Bias?

By the way Chris according to the MAID she was paid 23.50 per hour. That sound like what you pay someone you know is illegal to exploit them?

Last edited:
Liekly the reason that the McCain's have so many houses: Is just somehow their penchant for doing things indoors, even in Arizona!

Their high school footballs coaches even think that the high shcool wrestling team is gay, if at least legal. Unlike Las Vegas, what happens at Venice Beach, in California: Often makes national TV. . . .after some years.

The Meg Whitman household, even, now seems to be like that!

(There is even a video!)

It's probably all about the rocks!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Great Half-Wit Father, known believer in broomsticks! Soar Like Great Chicken Hawk over friendly nations! Hmmmm!)

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant – Meg Whitman who is running for Governor of California decided to fire her maid for nine years after she allegedly find out that she was an illegal alien. Whitman is running on a campaign of strong illegal immigration laws for California.

Nicky Diaz however, disputed the claims of Whitman. Diaz said that Whitman know of her illegal status since 2005 but the GOP candidate never took action. Perhaps Meg Whitman did close her eyes on the issue because Diaz was only paid $23 an hour which is very cheap.
“I was shocked and hurt that Ms. Whitman would treat me this way after 9 years,” says Diaz.

During a press conference, Diaz was flanked by Attorney Gloria Allred, where she accused Meg Whitman of wrongly firing her when she confessed her illegal status.

Whitman is alleging that this is all a political show and she never knew about DIaz status until she approached her and confessed about it.

Whitman says, “She knew I was thinking about… or I had already announced I was running for governor, and she came to us. She called me and she said, ‘I need to talk to you about something.’ And she came over on a Saturday to our house. And she said, ‘I feel terrible about this. I have to tell you that I’m not here legally.’ And my husband and I were there. We were stunned. Just amazed. And we said, ‘Gosh, Nicky. We’re gonna have to let you go.”

This issue will surely affect Whitman’s chances for Governor in the midterm elections this November. If the allegations were true this would mean that she is double-talking on the issue and fails to act on her personal case on illegal immigrants.

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant | Dots Period

---------------------------------------------------

Only paid $23/Hr? Which is cheap??

Hey. This Mexi doesn't look like Paris Hilton.

I wouldn't give her $23 to roof my house, wash my car, trim my trees, then make me a taco.

And everyone says to punish the employer. How are you going to keep Mexicans on their side of the fence when you are paying them big money to do work that any elementary school drop out could do for minimum wage.

And isn't this a job that any American would do for that amount of money?

The timing is most suspicious.

Whitman did a better job than Jerry during the debate this week. The next morning, the Allred Surprise, which is hardly a surprise at all.

What's suspicious is why Meg fired the woman, who worked for her nine year, knowing she was undocumented, just before she decided to try to buy the governor's seat.

What's suspicious is why anyone would think that hiring somebody through an employment agency with a statement that the candidate is in the country legally is not proper due diligence.

What's suspicious is this "surprise" promoted by Gloria Allred a few week's before the election.

What's suspicious is why private citizens are supposed to enforce immigration laws when the Federal Government is suing the state of Arizona for trying to do the same.

What's suspicious is why anyone would think that hiring somebody through an employment agency with a statement that the candidate is in the country legally is not proper due diligence.

What's suspicious is this "surprise" promoted by Gloria Allred a few week's before the election.

What's suspicious is why private citizens are supposed to enforce immigration laws when the Federal Government is suing the state of Arizona for trying to do the same.
I agree that private citizens shouldn't enforce immigration law. I also don't think employers should.

However, in this case Whitman was the employer and the law is clear. If that letter from the SSA is valid she is toast.

She hired the woman through an employment agency and paid over $20 per hour. That is hardly the scenario of knowingly hiring an illegal alien.

There is also the fact that CA is a Motor Voter state - and anyone can get what looks like a perfectly valid CA Driver's License which is commonly used to prove ID.

This smacks of a hit job.

When the government sent her a letter, saying that her SSN was bogus, in 2003, that changes the whole ball game. When you run on an anti-immigrant platform, that raises it to an entirely new level.

Whitman's story does not hang together for me, Bullfighter. How did Whitman withhold and pay employment taxes on the salary her maid received to California and the IRS without a social security number?

Methinks this broad just bought herself a $129 Millon pie in the face.

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant – Meg Whitman who is running for Governor of California decided to fire her maid for nine years after she allegedly find out that she was an illegal alien. Whitman is running on a campaign of strong illegal immigration laws for California.

Nicky Diaz however, disputed the claims of Whitman. Diaz said that Whitman know of her illegal status since 2005 but the GOP candidate never took action. Perhaps Meg Whitman did close her eyes on the issue because Diaz was only paid $23 an hour which is very cheap.
“I was shocked and hurt that Ms. Whitman would treat me this way after 9 years,” says Diaz.

During a press conference, Diaz was flanked by Attorney Gloria Allred, where she accused Meg Whitman of wrongly firing her when she confessed her illegal status.

Whitman is alleging that this is all a political show and she never knew about DIaz status until she approached her and confessed about it.

Whitman says, “She knew I was thinking about… or I had already announced I was running for governor, and she came to us. She called me and she said, ‘I need to talk to you about something.’ And she came over on a Saturday to our house. And she said, ‘I feel terrible about this. I have to tell you that I’m not here legally.’ And my husband and I were there. We were stunned. Just amazed. And we said, ‘Gosh, Nicky. We’re gonna have to let you go.”

This issue will surely affect Whitman’s chances for Governor in the midterm elections this November. If the allegations were true this would mean that she is double-talking on the issue and fails to act on her personal case on illegal immigrants.

Meg Whitman’s Maid is an Illegal Immigrant | Dots Period

---------------------------------------------------

Only paid $23/Hr? Which is cheap??

Hey. This Mexi doesn't look like Paris Hilton.

I wouldn't give her $23 to roof my house, wash my car, trim my trees, then make me a taco.

And everyone says to punish the employer. How are you going to keep Mexicans on their side of the fence when you are paying them big money to do work that any elementary school drop out could do for minimum wage.

And isn't this a job that any American would do for that amount of money?

As much as progressives would like to believe this story, there just isn't enough evidence to base an opinion. Whitman went through an employment agency to acquire the employee and the employee presented false documents to The Whitmans. False S/S number and false driver's license. In regards to the letter in question, to the Whitmans:

"She suggested that the housekeeper may have intercepted the letter, since she was in charge of the mail at the couple's Silicon Valley home.

For a second straight day, Whitman forcefully denied the allegations and called them a "political smear on me, on my family, and based on lies." She said her Democratic opponent, Jerry Brown, was behind the story and that the housekeeper was being manipulated for political gain.

When asked at a news conference whether the worker might have taken the letter intended for Whitman, she said "it's very possible." The housekeeper was in charge of going through the mail, she said."

Lawyer says Whitman's husband saw ex-maid letter - Yahoo! News

News today, Meg Whitman employed an illegal alien for Nine Years as a housekeeper. So, what is her campaigns reaction?
Of course, it's all about the left wing media negative attack. This from a campaign that has spent months and $$$$'s on attacking her Republican opponent in the primaries and Attorney General Brown since she bought the Republican nomination for Governor of California.

Basically.... the way I see is this.

Whitman says she vetted the "lying illegal alien" as best she could. (she was using fake SSN and ID)

OK, then what else was she to do?

Ummmm.... lets see. She could've insisted that this "lying illegal alien" provide more "papers" (as you stupid libs say) and she could be accused of profiling her. Then Mrs Whitman is in trouble for being a racist..... WOW.... the irony!

This is ripe with stupidity.... and the smart voters will see right thru it.

NOW.... LET KICK THIS "lying illegal alien" OUT!

The agency that referred the maid says she lied on her questionaire:

The owners of Town & Country Resources, which has offices in Palo Alto and San Francisco, issued a statement Thursday after Whitman identified the agency she used.

Whitman's former housekeeper, Nicky Diaz Santillan, has accused Whitman of knowing she was an illegal immigrant since 2003, but the former eBay CEO denies knowing her legal status until June 2009.

Jens (YENS') and Carrie Hillen say they bought the agency two years ago, years after Diaz Santillan started working for Whitman.

They say Diaz Santillan indicated in a questionnaire that she was legally able to work in the United States.

Agency that referred Whitman's maid defends itself

Forum List

Back