Meet the White Nationalist Who Claims Trump Made Him Rough Up A Protester

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
Here's a clip of the incident:

For once, liberals and white supremacists agree on something: President Donald Trump's rhetoric incites right-wing violence. On Monday, Matthew Heimbach, a notorious 26-year-old white nationalist who was filmed shoving an African American woman at a Trump campaign rally in March 2016, filed a lawsuit claiming that he had simply been acting "pursuant to the directives and requests of" Trump himself.

At the rally in Louisville, Kentucky, three African American protesters drew jeers from the crowd, prompting Trump to shout from the stage, "Get 'em outta here!" Heimbach, standing nearby, began shoving Kashiya Nwanguma, a student at the University of Kentucky. Nwanguma also claimed she was called a "****** and a ****" (Heimbach denies it was him). After the incident, Heimbach wrote on his blog, "White Americans are getting fed up and they're learning that they must either push back or be pushed down."

A month later, Nwanguma filed a lawsuit in federal court accusing Heimbach and another man of assault and battery, and sought to hold Trump liable for inciting the violence. On April 1, 2017, a judge squashed a challenge to Nwanguma's case filed by Trump, writing that because violence had broken out at previous rallies and known hate-group members were in attendance in Louisville, Trump's directive for attendees to remove the protesters was "particularly reckless."

Acting as his own attorney, Heimbach has filed a counterclaim denying the charges. If he is found guilty, he said in his claim, he was only acting on Trump's orders. Citing among other incidents the February 1, 2016, Trump rally in Iowa where the then-presidential candidate instructed a crowd to "knock the crap out of [disrupters]"—"I promise you," the president said, "I will pay for the legal fees"—Heimbach argued that the president's campaign should be held financially responsible for any penalties levied against Heimbach. "Any liability," he wrote, "must be shifted to" Trump.

I met Heimbach in 2013, while directing a documentary for Vice about the White Student Union he had formed at Towson University outside Baltimore, Maryland. The WSU patrolled the suburban campus in search of "black predators." "White Southern men," Heimbach said, "have long been called to defend their communities when law enforcement and the state seem unwilling to protect our people." While I accompanied Heimbach's crew, the only crime we witnessed was a drug deal by two white students—which the WSU members ignored. They did, however, celebrate the anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's assassination.

Heimbach exemplifies and has ridden the wave of white-extremist radicalization since Barack Obama's election in 2008. During our interviews, he denied being an outright white supremacist or racist. "I hate Hitler," he told me, explaining that he despised the Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazis. "They're just low-rent thugs trying to make themselves feel better. Frankly, they're an embarrassment."

Rest here: I met the white nationalist who says Trump made him rough up a protester
----------------------------

So, he claims he was only acting on Trump's orders. If this is the case, shouldn't Trump be charged for inciting violence?

Also, I either read an article, or heard about it on the radio, that there was a recent report that said there was an increase of threats against Hillary Clinton when Trump made his infamous "2nd Amendment" comment.

Although doing a search of the internet, the only recent thing I could find about this is an article about the Secret Service doing a poor job investigating what was their job to investigate:
This Is How The Secret Service Reacted To Threats Against Hillary Clinton

Forum List

Back