Medicare and private insurance should not pay for unvaccinated who get Covid

The shame campaign will not stop because all of you idiots should be ashamed. History will paint you for what you are; cowards with an inability to deal with the real world so you make lies up to meet your own needs. A dangerous group who were a very large shit stain on US history.
My guess is history will paint you assholes as totally fucked up. You do know that the establishment throughout history has been wrong repeatedly.

Medicare and private insurance should not pay for drug users who overdose, drunk drivers who get into a car accident, and fat people who get diabetes.
Why should the government or all of us, through higher insurance rates, pay for the stupidity of the irresponsible?
If you want to ruin your health, fine, but pay your medical expenses if you get sick or injured.

You agree with that, right, Branch Covidian?

No, and there are many reason:

77% of all drug programs are paid for by the goverment, 10% by private insurance, and the remainder from private sources. Given that the average cost a week in drug rehab is about $8,000 and treatment session $75 to $200 a session, the end result of stopping insurance coverage, government and private would be the end of almost all drug intervention and treatment programs. Since most crimes today are drug related and 41% of all violent crimes involve drugs, the elimination drug treatment programs would increase the number addicted and crime significantly.

Conservatives never seem to understand that the primary purpose of social programs such as treating drug addition is making American a better place by reducing crime, poverty, and other effects on society. Helping the individual is secondary to the primary purpose.

Conservatives never seem to understand that the primary purpose of social programs such as treating drug addition is making American a better place by reducing crime, poverty, and other effects on society.
Clearly they've been a resounding success seeing as how just about every inner city neighborhood is a crime ridden shit hole and millions are addicted to drugs.

Better luck next time.

Clearly they've been a resounding success seeing as how just about every inner city neighborhood is a crime ridden shit hole and millions are addicted to drugs.

Better luck next time.
And without drug treatment programs it would be a hell of a lot worse. We have 20 million kids age 12-17 with substance abuse which puts them at a high risk for drug addition. So you would eliminate thousands of drug abuse programs and counselors in neighbors across the country which are critical resources in keeping kids off hard drugs because their stupid and irresponsible. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
My guess is history will paint you assholes as totally fucked up. You do know that the establishment throughout history has been wrong repeatedly.
The books are already beeing written. They, almost, unaminously make Trump look bad. Who will write the positive history books on Trump.
Most of his supporters cannot read and write.

Medicare and private insurance should not pay for unvaccinated who get Covid.
Why should the government or all of us, through higher insurance rates, pay for the stupidity of the unvaccinated.
If you do not want to get vaccinated, fine, but pay your medical expenses if you get Covid.
A few thoughts...
Health care should be a universal basic human right. We still live in a relatively free society where people can choose whether or not to get medical treatments including vaccinations. These Covid vaccines were rushed without all the traditional testing. Their efficacy is not fully known, nor are all the possible side effects, so I can understand why some people are still hesitant. Still, I encourage everyone to get vaccinated. I got both shots earlier this year. Moderna version, with only a sore arm after the second shot. Hopefully enough people will be vaccinated that a herd immunity can be built up before further variants develop.

A few thoughts...
Health care should be a universal basic human right.
I'm always curious what that means. In general, what does it mean to call a product or a service is a "right"? Usually, when we discuss political rights, we're talking about liberties that should not be violated. Government is tasked with protecting those rights by: a) ensuring that no laws violate them and b) prosecuting those who violate the rights of others. But what is government supposed to do about it if we call health care (or housing, or any other product or service)? How do we discern if someone's "right to health care" has been violated? Who do we prosecute if it has been violated?

A few thoughts...
Health care should be a universal basic human right. We still live in a relatively free society where people can choose whether or not to get medical treatments including vaccinations. These Covid vaccines were rushed without all the traditional testing. Their efficacy is not fully known, nor are all the possible side effects, so I can understand why some people are still hesitant. Still, I encourage everyone to get vaccinated. I got both shots earlier this year. Moderna version, with only a sore arm after the second shot. Hopefully enough people will be vaccinated that a herd immunity can be built up before further variants develop.
I appreciate your thoughtfulness and agree with the freedom of choice but the consequences of not enough people getting vaccinated for Covid are so dire normal rules must be modified. It is a war on the virus. The virus could be as consequential as Germany winning WWII. In WWII people had to sacrifice. Many constitutional rights had to be suspended. People had to fight and die to win. The war on Covid only requires a shot in the arm. It is proven the risks of the shot are less than the risk of Covid. But assume risks are there, Americans must accept the risks to win the war on Covid. We have become too self focused and not focused on what is best for the greater good.
I feel too many, not all, are cowards not getting vaccinated for political reasons.

A few thoughts...
When anyone says they want traditional testing of vaccines for this virus what they are really saying is I don't want see a vaccine developed for this virus because tradition testing is typically 12 to 17 years. After 3, 5, 10 millions deaths, we will have reached herd immunity and there would no need for vaccine.

In regard to vaccine testing the public assumes that since we got a new vaccine in 1yr instead 10 or 15 years, then there must have been comprises that would threaten safety and efficacy but that simply was not the case with mRNA vaccines because they are totally different than previous vaccines.

Last edited:
I appreciate your thoughtfulness and agree with the freedom of choice but the consequences of not enough people getting vaccinated for Covid are so dire normal rules must be modified. It is a war on the virus. The virus could be as consequential as Germany winning WWII. In WWII people had to sacrifice. Many constitutional rights had to be suspended. People had to fight and die to win. The war on Covid only requires a shot in the arm. It is proven the risks of the shot are less than the risk of Covid. But assume risks are there, Americans must accept the risks to win the war on Covid. We have become too self focused and not focused on what is best for the greater good.
I feel too many, not all, are cowards not getting vaccinated for political reasons.
There are many instances of suspended individual right for the public good. Government mandated smallpox shots in 1903. Imprisoned over 100,000 US citizens in WWII with no legal trial or legal proceedings.

I'm ok with government mandating vaccinations or employers requiring if it's necessary but I don't think it is necessary yet. We are currently vaccinating 340,000 people a day so at that rate we will have the whole country vaccinated by January or February with the exception of the 10% that are dead set against vaccinations. If we can put up enough pressure and incentives, we probably could eat away at that 10%, but even if that fails., 90% with one one shot may well be enough to kick the virus in the ass and end the epidemic. The wild card is going to be more dangerous variants with the huge number of cases abroad and the slow vaccination rate.

Last edited:

You have no idea of what you are talking about.

The Cuomovirus killed a large number of people up front and those numbers has helped provide the morons like you and Pelosi freakoutfodder.

There is no war on COVID.

The greater good is you jumping out of an airplane without a parachute.

The vaccine is doing such a bang-up job in Israel that they're not longer reporting vaccinated v. unvaccinated data in hospitalizations and deaths. Just in cases.

But look out, because Pfizer is failing first, leading to ADE infections. Then will come Moderna and J&J

Medicare and private insurance should not pay for unvaccinated who get Covid.
Why should the government or all of us, through higher insurance rates, pay for the stupidity of the unvaccinated.
If you do not want to get vaccinated, fine, but pay your medical expenses if you get Covid.
Insurance pays and smokers develop lung cancer, insurance pays when alcoholics develop cirrhosis, insurance pays when motorcyclists who did not wear helmets get into an accident and have severe brain trauma. Excetera, excetera, things are not going to change with covid.

The vaccine is doing such a bang-up job in Israel that they're not longer reporting vaccinated v. unvaccinated data in hospitalizations and deaths. Just in cases.

But look out, because Pfizer is failing first, leading to ADE infections. Then will come Moderna and J&J
50 years ago when I was in nursing school, my infectious diseases teacher told us all that there would come a day when a disease would wipe out most of the people on the planet. I believe we are seeing the beginning of this. I do not fear death. I say this merely to inform you but this is a real possibility. Please take care. Thanks, Stan.

50 years ago when I was in nursing school, my infectious diseases teacher told us all that there would come a day when a disease would wipe out most of the people on the planet. I believe we are seeing the beginning of this. I do not fear death. I say this merely to inform you but this is a real possibility. Please take care. Thanks, Stan.

Well from what I'm reading, if that happens it will be because of the introduction of these "leaky" vaccines. Because covid, by itself, has a 99% survivability rate.

What MY insurance does for me is none of your effing business!
I pay my monthly rates, my copays, and my deductibles.......so it's none of your goddamned business what MY insurance pays for!! It pays for what I want it to!!

If YOU want to pay for MY health insurance, THEN you can dictate it's points and features.
Until then..........

My Body My Choice.jpg

Forum List

Back