Media Hoax: 20 Muslims Holding Hands Become 1,000-Strong ‘Ring of Peace’ at Oslo Synagogue

not posting links equals BIGOTRY and MORAL COWARDICE? --
sheeeesh

BTW you got that link to support YOUR ASSERTION that muslims
are MORE LIKELY than other groups to report hate crimes?

No one said it did Rosie, try to keep up.

oh typo!!!!! I had asked for you to post a link to your assertion
that MUSLIMS ARE LESS LIKELY THAN OTHER GROUPS---to
report hate crimes--------this is the second time I am asking for that
link-------the question above was mis-written try to keep up

Link was posted. Not my fault if you don't read through the thread.

I read the link you posted------it did not make the claim that you made----
it was a kind of CONJECTURE----that immigrant groups IN GENERAL---
avoid making waves and are afraid of cops------it was no evidence of anything
at all. certainly did not indicate that muslims are PARTICULARLY RETICENT
IN THE FACE OF ABUSE--------in fact------they ain't reticent about anything
regarding their own perceived "rights"

It stated that certain immigrant groups, amongst them Middle Easterners, might be less reluctant to report. Most Middle Easterners are Muslim. Recent immigrants in general are less likely to report hate crimes.

Do you have a link to show they are less reticient?

Immigrants from the middle east include Christians, jews and muslims ----you got
a link to the PROPORTIONS OF THOSE NEW IMMIGRANTS WHO ****might***
be Christians or jews or muslims who ***MIGHT*** be less likely to
report hate crimes? I cannot conceive of a citation any weaker
than the one that galvanized your idiotic assertion

'MIGHT' be less likely to report . probably because they don't want to be caught as being the perpetrators Coyote . 'MIGHT be ' sounds like 'weasel words' to me !!

Hate crimes are grossly underreported and Muslims are less likely to report it. And yes - hate crimes against Jews are higher than those against Muslim. However - anti-Muslim hate crimes have gone up, hugely, since 9/11 Anti-Muslim hate crimes are still five times more common today than before 9 11 - The Washington Post Even when you take into acount the spike that followed 9/11 it is still many times higher than before. Hate crimes against Muslims are the second largest group of religious crimes.

And again: I always assumed attacks against ANY innocent people mattered and no one life weighed more than another.

do you have a link to support your assertion that muslims are "LESS LIKELY"
to report hate crimes against themselves?

Statistics - Muslim Public Affairs Council
According to the LACCHR'S 2003 report, many immigrant groups including Asians, Middle Easterners and Latinos, are likely to under-report hate crimes against them for several cultural reasons, such as reluctance to contact authorities, lack of familiarity with hate crime laws, etc.

muslim Public Affairs Council has it's origins in the muslim Brotherhood as does CAIR

MPAC claims that Islam is a religion of peace and moderation, and contends that Muslim extremists are no more numerous or dangerous than fundamentalists in any other faith. “There are radical Christian, Jewish and Hindu movements, too,” says MPAC, “which are also capable of slaughtering innocents.” On occasion, MPAC has publicly condemned Islamic suicide bombings. These condemnations, however, are invariably accompanied by endorsements of Muslim “resistance” and “armed struggle” which MPAC frames as justified retribution against prior Israeli or Western transgressions.

Holding Israel entirely responsible for the "pattern of violence" in the Middle East, MPAC asserts that Hezbollah “could be called a liberation movement.” The Council likens Hezbollah members to American “freedom fighters hundreds of years ago whom the British regarded as terrorists.” In a November 1997 speech at the University of Pennsylvania, MPAC Co-Founder and Executive Director Salam Al-Marayati steadfastlyrefused to call Hezbollah a terrorist organization; he justified the existence of Hamasas a political entity and a provider of social programs and “educational operations”; and he equated jihad with the sentiments of the American statesman Patrick Henry, whose “Give me liberty or give me death” declaration was, in Al-Marayati’s view, “a way of looking at the term jihad from an American perspective.” In a 1999 position paper, MPAC justified Hezbollah’s deadly 1983 bombing of the American Marine barracks in Lebanon as a "military operation" rather than a terrorist attack. As Maher Hathout puts it: "Hezbollah is fighting for freedom, an organized army, limiting its operations against military people, this is a legitimate target against occupation. … this is legitimate, this is an American value -- freedom and liberty."
MPAC’s worldview is further revealed by its many additional public statements on a wide array of issues and events:

• According to MPAC: “Israel was established by terrorism”; its founding “involved the unjust and illegal usurpation of Muslim and Christian land and rights”; and “to recognize the legitimacy of that crime is a crime in itself.”
  • MPAC characterizes Israel as a “racist, chauvinistic and militaristic” state that is prosecuting “a war to steal land from Palestinians, to decimate their leadership, to humiliate the Palestinian people.”
  • Condemning Israel’s “apartheid-like ideology,” MPAC warns: “History shows that Muslim and Christian religious rights are not safe under Israeli occupation.”
  • Israelis are “the worst terrorists in the world,” says MPAC, “… Yet Israel is not found on the list of state sponsors of terrorism in the [U.S.] State Department Report on Terrorism.”
  • MPAC co-sponsored pro-Palestinian rallies in the fall of 2000, where MPAC speakers chanted “Khaybar, Khaybar, oh Jews, the Army of Muhammed is coming for you!” The rally featured literature and many placards calling for the annihilation of the Jews and Israel.
  • A few hours after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, MPAC Co-Founder Salam Al-Marayati told a Los Angeles talk radio audience: "If we're going to look at suspects, we should look at the groups that benefit the most from these kinds of incidents, and I think we should put the state of Israel on the suspect list because I think this diverts attention from what's happening in the Palestinian territories so that they can go on with their aggression and occupation and apartheid policies."

• MPAC speakers regularly complain that the U.S. is “dominated” by Zionists and favors Jews over Muslims.
  • Opposed to efforts to shut down Islamic charities that fund terrorism -- alleging that such efforts interfere with freedom of religion and the exercise of the Muslim obligation to give to charity -- MPAC states that the U.S. government should instead investigate what it terms Jewish “terrorists” like the Jewish Defense League. The Council signed and sponsored a petition to reinstate the assets of Hamas’ charitable front, the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, after it was designated as a front for terrorist financing.
  • According to MPAC, “A major threat to the safety of the Muslim community is the Islam-bashing that has been very evident since 9/11. There has been a steady stream of attacks on the Quran … These attacks are vicious, mean-spirited, and politically motivated. … [T]he most sustained and vitriolic [attacks] are from right-wing Christian groups led by Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.”
  • The MPAC 2002 Annual Banquet featured Ali Al-Mazrui, a SUNY-Binghamton professor who said: "There is also suspicion that some members of the Bush administration in collusion with Israel are more than ready to plunge the Middle East into turmoil in the hope that the final outcome would be to the territorial advantage of Israel and the strategic advantage of the United States. All this is part of the emerging external sadism of the United States, a readiness to hurt others abroad."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6177

That's a real unbiased source isn't it?:rolleyes-41:

As is the " Muslim Public Affairs Council":thup:

you got some examples of that "bigot" thing and "moral cowardice" thing------
uhm-----among the various empty phrases you like to TOSS about, coyote?

I think she got that from page 37 of the CAIR handbook "How To Infiltrate American Message Boards In Order To Pave The Way For The Caliphate".

Funny thing about this "faux Islamophobia". It's resulted in quite a few attacks against Muslims and mosques throughout Europe.

Has it, and has anyone arrested been medically diagnosed as being "Islamophobic" as in terrified of any Islamic word, act, writing or person to the point of imminent death. Or was it just a standard hate crime in retaliation to Islamic hate crimes like Charlie Hebdo or 9/11 ?

Time to call it by its proper name and not some made up mental aberration to imply anyone who speaks out against islam has a medical mental illness. It is retaliation to Islamic attacks on innocents, and expect them to rise sharply in the coming months as Europe starts demanding action against aggressive and violent muslims

All in retaliation to Islamic attacks, which shows the level of feeling in Europe today. You in America have not seen the violence an aggression muslims are capable of, or to what extremes they will go to in getting their own way.We are sick and tired of children being raped, beaten, murdered and forcibly converted.
How about the black violence when police officers shoot black criminals in the US, that is what happens with left wing appeasement of immigrants

what did I miss??? Have mosques been bombed? Has anyone invaded a mosque with a machine gun? Have "halal stores" been taken over and the
shoppers slaughtered? I know of, in the past 14 years (since 9-11-01) something like two killings of Sikhs There are lots of mosques in my town----
nothing has happened to them. Vandalism of synagogues is so commonplace that
the cops do not make a report unless someone lies dead in the gutter with a slit throat. WHERE IS THIS STUFF HAPPENING?

All in retaliation to Islamic attacks, which shows the level of feeling in Europe today. You in America have not seen the violence an aggression muslims are capable of, or to what extremes they will go to in getting their own way.We are sick and tired of children being raped, beaten, murdered and forcibly converted.
How about the black violence when police officers shoot black criminals in the US, that is what happens with left wing appeasement of immigrants

Amazing. You defend attacks and murders of innocent people as justifiable.

'MIGHT' be less likely to report . probably because they don't want to be caught as being the perpetrators Coyote . 'MIGHT be ' sounds like 'weasel words' to me !!
Does that mean that most of those anti-semitic attacks are perpetrated by Jews?

Sikhs are often targeted because ignorant people think they are Muslims.

Here's some examples of non-existent Islamophobia (guess they just slapped a kid)

History of Hate Crimes Against Sikhs Since 9 11

Sept. 15, 2001 -- Mesa, Ariz.: Four days after the infamous attacks of 9/11, Balbir Singh Sodhi, a 49-year-old Sikh, is shot and killed outside the gas station he owned by Frank Silva Roque. When police approached to arrest him, Roque says, “I'm a patriot and an American. I'm American. I'm a damn American.” [More from HuffPost.]

Nov. 18, 2001 -- Palermo, N.Y.: Three teens burn down Gobind Sadan, a gurdwara (Sikh temple) in New York, because they thought it was named for Osama bin Laden. [More from BeliefNet and Tribune of India.]

Dec. 12, 2001 -- Los Angeles, Calif.: Surinder Singh Sidhi, a liquor store owner in Los Angeles who took to wearing an American flag turban after 9/11 out of fear of being attacked, is beaten in his store by two men who accuse of him of being Osama bin Laden. [More from Real Sikhism.]

Aug. 6, 2002 -- Daly City, Calif.: Sukhpal Singh, brother of Balbir Singh Sodhi, who was the first Sikh murdered following 9/11, is shot while driving his cab. [More from HuffPost, Real Sikhism and Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund.]

May 20, 2003 -- Phoenix, Ariz.: Fifty-two-year-old Sikh immigrant and truck driver Avtar Singh is shot in his 18-wheeler while waiting for his son to pick him up. As he is being shot, he hears someone say: “Go back to where you belong.” [More from Real Sikhism.]

July 12, 2004 -- New York, N.Y.: Rajinder Singh Khalsa and Gurcharan Singh, cousins on their way to dinner at a restaurant, are beaten by two drunk white twentysomething men. The attackers describe Gurcharan’s turban as a “curtain.” When Rajinder tries to intervene, saying that Sikhs are peaceful, he is beaten unconscious and suffers a fractured eye socket, among other injuries. [More from Real Sikhism.]

Jan. 14, 2008 -- New Hyde Park, N.Y.: A 63-year-old Sikh, Baljeet Singh, has his jaw and nose broken when attacked outside his temple by a man who lived next-door. David Wood, the attacker, had apparently disturbed members of the gurdwara in the past. [More from United Sikhs.]

Jan. 30, 2009 -- Queens, N.Y.: Three men attack Jasmir Singh outside of a grocery store. Racial slurs are heard. A broken glass bottle is used. Singh loses vision in his left eye. [More from NY Daily News and United Sikhs.]

Aug. 5, 2012 -- Oak Creek, Wis.: A gunman is shot dead by police after he opened fire in a gurdwara during Sikh prayer services, killing six. [More from HuffPost.]

there are some americans who cannot TOLERATE those turbans-----I learned about that issue a very long time ago when I was young (and beautiful) I worked in a hospital out in the STICKS that had lots of young docs from southeast asia---several SIKHS-------lots of the HICKS out there seemed very upset by the TURBAN-----the turban and the black beard and ----the chin strap and the bracelet-------they acted as if they thought the Sikhs had invaded from mars.
As to Sikhs being attacked in QUEENS , NY-------it is more likely that the attackers are muslims. Sikhs are regularly attacked by muslims in the province PUNJAB.
(Sikhs told me) Part of the Punjab province is in India and part in Pakistan

If you read the links you would realize how silly your excuses are. Sikhs, in the US, have been targeted post 9/11 because people thought they were Muslim and in the cases of hate crimes - accused them of being Muslim or being like bin Laden.

People "tell" you all kind of things that seem to support your view and nothing else. How interesting.

Don't you when it is psychopathic muslims doing the attacking. By the way who mentioned attacks on innocent people and murder, we are talking vandalism and name calling in response to psychopathic Islamic brutal attacks and murder of innocents, you know what the Palestinians are so good at when they after unarmed Israeli children

No one said it did Rosie, try to keep up.

oh typo!!!!! I had asked for you to post a link to your assertion
that MUSLIMS ARE LESS LIKELY THAN OTHER GROUPS---to
report hate crimes--------this is the second time I am asking for that
link-------the question above was mis-written try to keep up

Link was posted. Not my fault if you don't read through the thread.

I read the link you posted------it did not make the claim that you made----
it was a kind of CONJECTURE----that immigrant groups IN GENERAL---
avoid making waves and are afraid of cops------it was no evidence of anything
at all. certainly did not indicate that muslims are PARTICULARLY RETICENT
IN THE FACE OF ABUSE--------in fact------they ain't reticent about anything
regarding their own perceived "rights"

It stated that certain immigrant groups, amongst them Middle Easterners, might be less reluctant to report. Most Middle Easterners are Muslim. Recent immigrants in general are less likely to report hate crimes.

Do you have a link to show they are less reticient?

Immigrants from the middle east include Christians, jews and muslims ----you got
a link to the PROPORTIONS OF THOSE NEW IMMIGRANTS WHO ****might***
be Christians or jews or muslims who ***MIGHT*** be less likely to
report hate crimes? I cannot conceive of a citation any weaker
than the one that galvanized your idiotic assertion

It s hard to prove any hate crime. But for Muslim victims it s especially tough. - The Washington Post

One significant hurdle is simply getting hate crimes against Muslims reported to authorities. FBI statistics show that about 160 Muslims were victimized in hate crimes each year between 2011 and 2013. This number is a result of significant underreporting. American Muslims experience prejudice far more often than they report to authorities. When asked anonymously in a 2011 Pew poll if they had been threatened or attacked in the past year, 6 percent of Muslims said they had. Given that the Muslim population was 2.6 million in 2010, responses to the Pew poll suggest that about 156,000 Muslims were victims of hate crimes. The Justice Department notes that two out of every three hate crimes are not reported because victims believe that police cannot or will not help. This is especially true for Muslims, who have been targets of massive surveillance, deportation, questioning and other harassment by local and federal law enforcement during the past 14 years. That excessive scrutiny has eroded the trust necessary for victims to report hate crimes.

Don't you when it is psychopathic muslims doing the attacking. By the way who mentioned attacks on innocent people and murder, we are talking vandalism and name calling in response to psychopathic Islamic brutal attacks and murder of innocents, you know what the Palestinians are so good at when they after unarmed Israeli children

When have I defended ANY psychopathic attackers? Link please.

If you bothered to read any of the links you would realize it's not vandalism and name calling.

Sikhs are often targeted because ignorant people think they are Muslims.

Here's some examples of non-existent Islamophobia (guess they just slapped a kid)

History of Hate Crimes Against Sikhs Since 9 11

Sept. 15, 2001 -- Mesa, Ariz.: Four days after the infamous attacks of 9/11, Balbir Singh Sodhi, a 49-year-old Sikh, is shot and killed outside the gas station he owned by Frank Silva Roque. When police approached to arrest him, Roque says, “I'm a patriot and an American. I'm American. I'm a damn American.” [More from HuffPost.]

Nov. 18, 2001 -- Palermo, N.Y.: Three teens burn down Gobind Sadan, a gurdwara (Sikh temple) in New York, because they thought it was named for Osama bin Laden. [More from BeliefNet and Tribune of India.]

Dec. 12, 2001 -- Los Angeles, Calif.: Surinder Singh Sidhi, a liquor store owner in Los Angeles who took to wearing an American flag turban after 9/11 out of fear of being attacked, is beaten in his store by two men who accuse of him of being Osama bin Laden. [More from Real Sikhism.]

Aug. 6, 2002 -- Daly City, Calif.: Sukhpal Singh, brother of Balbir Singh Sodhi, who was the first Sikh murdered following 9/11, is shot while driving his cab. [More from HuffPost, Real Sikhism and Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund.]

May 20, 2003 -- Phoenix, Ariz.: Fifty-two-year-old Sikh immigrant and truck driver Avtar Singh is shot in his 18-wheeler while waiting for his son to pick him up. As he is being shot, he hears someone say: “Go back to where you belong.” [More from Real Sikhism.]

July 12, 2004 -- New York, N.Y.: Rajinder Singh Khalsa and Gurcharan Singh, cousins on their way to dinner at a restaurant, are beaten by two drunk white twentysomething men. The attackers describe Gurcharan’s turban as a “curtain.” When Rajinder tries to intervene, saying that Sikhs are peaceful, he is beaten unconscious and suffers a fractured eye socket, among other injuries. [More from Real Sikhism.]

Jan. 14, 2008 -- New Hyde Park, N.Y.: A 63-year-old Sikh, Baljeet Singh, has his jaw and nose broken when attacked outside his temple by a man who lived next-door. David Wood, the attacker, had apparently disturbed members of the gurdwara in the past. [More from United Sikhs.]

Jan. 30, 2009 -- Queens, N.Y.: Three men attack Jasmir Singh outside of a grocery store. Racial slurs are heard. A broken glass bottle is used. Singh loses vision in his left eye. [More from NY Daily News and United Sikhs.]

Aug. 5, 2012 -- Oak Creek, Wis.: A gunman is shot dead by police after he opened fire in a gurdwara during Sikh prayer services, killing six. [More from HuffPost.]

there are some americans who cannot TOLERATE those turbans-----I learned about that issue a very long time ago when I was young (and beautiful) I worked in a hospital out in the STICKS that had lots of young docs from southeast asia---several SIKHS-------lots of the HICKS out there seemed very upset by the TURBAN-----the turban and the black beard and ----the chin strap and the bracelet-------they acted as if they thought the Sikhs had invaded from mars.
As to Sikhs being attacked in QUEENS , NY-------it is more likely that the attackers are muslims. Sikhs are regularly attacked by muslims in the province PUNJAB.
(Sikhs told me) Part of the Punjab province is in India and part in Pakistan

If you read the links you would realize how silly your excuses are. Sikhs, in the US, have been targeted post 9/11 because people thought they were Muslim and in the cases of hate crimes - accused them of being Muslim or being like bin Laden.

People "tell" you all kind of things that seem to support your view and nothing else. How interesting.

if you read your own writing, coyote---you would realize how disgustingly vulgar and idiotic your are. To what "silly excuse" do you in the vulgar filth of your
mind, refer? You seem jealous that I have learned about SIKHS from SIKHS----
a fastidious people---I can understand that they would not want to talk to you----
you probably nauseate them. Sikhs told me about SIKHISM and the persecution of SIKHS in Pakistan and India. They are not too crazy about hindus either. I like to learn about people FROM PEOPLE-----unlike you who likes to lap up any
shit propaganda that comes your way. When I first encountered Sikhs---more than 45 years ago in the USA-----I did notice that NAZI SHIT---in the area of the USA that I lived at that time------seemed OFFENDED by their dress. I also noticed
that the muslim docs from Pakistan and India etc-----looked at them with hostility ---the same kind of hostility manifested by your fellow Nazi shit In New York
City----attacks on Chassidic jews are also very common-----their "costumes" attract
hostility. Long ago---not as long as "when I was young" but a few decades---I was living in a Chassidic neighborhood-----and to keep the natives happy---
I dressed in long skirts ---etc. No slacks -----I was taken for a Chassidic woman
which is why some jerk tossed an egg onto me from a high window. No big deal---
I certainly did not bother to tell a cop-----they would have laughed. My husband got
death threats when the local Pakistani discovered that he is a jew. The poor guy is
regularly taken for-----guess what----PAKISTANI----so much so that as a student in
London in the 60s------he got PAKI BASHED -------gee---not only are you vulgar---
you are clueless too and people do not like to talk to you

When have I defended ANY psychopathic attackers? Link please.

If you bothered to read any of the links you would realize it's not vandalism and name calling.

right---it's not vandalism-----it happens in hospitals-----for muslims a HATE crime
consists of a female physician examining a male muslim. -----and not IMMEDIATELY supplying a male substitute. gee coyote----have you ever met a muslim? talked to one? been in a mosque? I once INSULTED a muslim. He told me about his HAJ experience (which took place about 50 years ago)
He described it as an ordeal of deprivation----no food---just a carried bag of dates and bottle of water-----sleep and "personal hygiene" in the sand----etc etc.
Then I almost KILLED HIM I said "oh gee ----what you guys need is a few
good jewish business men to put up some nice hotels"-----based on his
reaction-------I COMITTED A HATE CRIME

just fer grins , --- Man arrested following business mosque bomb threats --- think that its already been posted in a different thread . Worth reposting in my opinion .

more grins-----long ago---when I was young----the communist partyline was that
"mental illness" is the result of CAPITALISM-----mentally ill people were described
as having "capitalist tendencies" and placed in locked "PSYCH WARDS"-------
Long ago when I was young----I learned from young muslim docs-----that
mental illness is caused by "kufr" Kufr means----in its semitic root-----
CONCEAL OR COVER ---or DENY.. People who deny the absolute
divinity of the Koran-----are NUTS Kufr creates schizophrenia -----really---
not just a silly idea of the streets of Karachi------TAUGHT in medical schools.
-----SEE.. there is a reason this guy is nuts.

and a site full of 'FAKE Hate crimes' . I only looked at a few entries but it includes all of the usual suspect groups from what I did see . --- fakehatecrimes.org ---

Funny thing about this "faux Islamophobia". It's resulted in quite a few attacks against Muslims and mosques throughout Europe.

I know. Those peace loving European muslims, what did they ever do to anyone?

Forum List

Back