Media coverage of Trump's McCain war-service Neutron Bomb

Yup, he's calling a Medal of Honor recipient a liar, and taking the word of a man he doesn't know, because he wrote a book claiming it didn't happen.

No, i'm callling him a liar because everyone who has researched this claim has not produced ONE CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNT of returning soldiers being spat upon.

Not one.

Now you think this would have made news if it happened. Right next to "Hippies still in critical condition after spitting on battle-hardened Marine Vet".

Spitting is one of a thugs favorite sport. You should see all of the ER visits for Hep C and HIV screenings the hospitals get due to employees, hospital workers, correction officers, police etc... Getting spit on.

Yet we are supposed to believe not one anti war loon spit on anyone during the 60's and 70's

. Riiiight.

Especially when Medal of Honor recipients are on video saying they were.

Try again.

Just like you have a 3rd hand account from a 'researcher' that may have slanted his data to sell a book.

I go with the MoH recipient

i go with people who actually do research and collect verifiable evidence.

Tell you what, if you can find me ONE contemporary news account from 1965 to 1973 of anti-war protesters spitting on returning soldiers, I will concede the point it might have happened occassionally.

That's the standard. Not what some guy remembered in 1988 after he lived in a cave for two years and had a religious experience.

I'll take the word from the horses mouth.

He was there, he knows what happened.

he had no agenda, he wasn't trying to sell a book, he had nothing to gain.

Can you say the same about your 'researcher'?

It will all be old news by the middle of the week. Sad thing McCain was a hero, then he became a politician, kind of tarnished that sterling image.
Was McCain a hero? How do you know. He had his records sealed.

Yup, he's calling a Medal of Honor recipient a liar, and taking the word of a man he doesn't know, because he wrote a book claiming it didn't happen.

No, i'm callling him a liar because everyone who has researched this claim has not produced ONE CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNT of returning soldiers being spat upon.

Not one.

Now you think this would have made news if it happened. Right next to "Hippies still in critical condition after spitting on battle-hardened Marine Vet".

Spitting is thugs favorite sport. You should see all of the ER visits for Hep C and HIV screenings the hospitals get due to employees, hospital workers, correction officers, police etc... Getting spit on.

Yet we are supposed to believe not one anti war loon silt on anyone during the 60's and seventies. Riiiight.

Especially she. Medal of Honor recipients say they were.

Try Again
No, I think he would have held his temper.

Just like others that it happened to.

and I doubt they would have told your researcher they had been spat on, and didn't retaliate.

You believe the man with the agenda that wrote the book.

I'll believe Gary.

Guy, the thing is, there is not one contemporary account of this happening.

Not one newspaper story, not one film of a rowdy protest, not anything.

So what you have is a medal of honor guy who maybe years after the war got into an argument with another student. I'd like to hear the other student's side of it, personally. Which is what any court of law would do if this were an evidence case.

Maybe years after the war?

Why dont' you look into his life a little bit..

and while you're at it, why don't you look up your researcher, and see if HE also called Gary a liar?

After all, HE's the one that said it never happened.

I'd be curious to re interview the people your researcher did, and see how many he lied about.

He probably interviewed no one.

Just like you have a 3rd hand account from a 'researcher' that may have slanted his data to sell a book.

Tell you what, if you can find me ONE contemporary news account from 1965 to 1973 of anti-war protesters spitting on returning soldiers, I will concede the point it might have happened occassionally.

That's the standard. Not what some guy remembered in 1988 after he lived in a cave for two years and had a religious experience.
"Yes, I am a Vietnam veteran who was spat upon -- literally and figuratively. By hippies? I don't know. In the airport? Yes. San Francisco International Airport on October 11, 1971 at 3:15 p.m., and yes, I was still in uniform. […] The person who spat on me was wearing a shirt that said 'Welcome Home Baby-Killer.' …" -- Robert E. McClelland, Massillon, Ohio

"I think the date was March 7, 1972. I was in the San Francisco airport. I had just showered and put a fresh uniform (Air Force) on for my first leg home. Walking out to my gate I passed a 'hippie' who spat upon me and continued walking in the opposite direction, without a word.
I made nothing of the incident for two reasons:
(1) I was happy to be going home after 367 days in Thailand, and didn't want anything to screw it up, and
(2) Officers who get in public fights, while in uniform, are dealt with in a fairly severe fashion." - Chris Ramel, Denver, Colorado

"I am a retired Catholic chaplain who served the Air Force community for twenty years. I had two tours in Vietnam (Phan Rang and Bien Hoa). I left Bien Hoa on November 18, 1968, flew military contract aircraft to Philadelphia, and then on to New York for two weeks' leave.
While I was leaving the JFK airport to catch a bus to the city, a lady (around 43 years old) told me that 'I napalm babies' and she spit on me. I didn't take her for a 'hippie' though.
Needless to say she ruined my two weeks' leave." Father Guy Morgan, Fort Collins, Colorado
Vietnam Veterans Spit On part 2

Just a few. I guess your guy did not interview those above.

Yes, he did live in a cave.

Part of it was because of the way he saw vets being treated, part of it was trying to come to terms with what he had done in Nam.

Underwent quite a bit of soul searching, before he returned to 'civilization'.

Today, he is one of the most religious people I've met, but doesn't push it on anyone.

So?

Okay, getting back to it, we have a third hand account of someone who claims students at SUNY spat on him, and offers no evidence. But we are supposed to take his word for it, I guess.

A "researcher" that was already bias against vets claims about being spit on.

I'm so shocked he found them to be liars... Not.

Selective research and interviews will do that.

It will all be old news by the middle of the week. Sad thing McCain was a hero, then he became a politician, kind of tarnished that sterling image.
Well, in fairness, becoming a politician will tarnish any positive image.

:laugh:

Trump doesn't come close to anyone in that nasty Progressive party or beat the nasty man calling himself our President
Is "nasty" your safe word? Or is it your Drinking game word?

"Yes, I am a Vietnam veteran who was spat upon -- literally and figuratively. By hippies? I don't know. In the airport? Yes. San Francisco International Airport on October 11, 1971 at 3:15 p.m., and yes, I was still in uniform. […] The person who spat on me was wearing a shirt that said 'Welcome Home Baby-Killer.' …" -- Robert E. McClelland, Massillon, Ohio

"I think the date was March 7, 1972. I was in the San Francisco airport. I had just showered and put a fresh uniform (Air Force) on for my first leg home. Walking out to my gate I passed a 'hippie' who spat upon me and continued walking in the opposite direction, without a word.
(1) I was happy to be going home after 367 days in Thailand, and didn't want anything to screw it up, and
(2) Officers who get in public fights, while in uniform, are dealt with in a fairly severe fashion." - Chris Ramel, Denver, Colorado

"I am a retired Catholic chaplain who served the Air Force community for twenty years. I had two tours in Vietnam (Phan Rang and Bien Hoa). I left Bien Hoa on November 18, 1968, flew military contract aircraft to Philadelphia, and then on to New York for two weeks' leave.
While I was leaving the JFK airport to catch a bus to the city, a lady (around 43 years old) told me that 'I napalm babies' and she spit on me. I didn't take her for a 'hippie' though.
Needless to say she ruined my two weeks' leave." Father Guy Morgan, Fort Collins, Colorado

Anecdotes on a blog don't have the same credibility that actual media reports of the incidents carry.

There are thousands of hours recording antiwar protests but you can't find a single incident where a spitting incident actually happened?

We have video of people burning draft cards and throwing medals over the fence at the Whitehouse and even the video of the tragedy at Ohio State.

But not a single video clip of anyone spitting on a vet.

Why not?

"We were treated like outcasts, blamed for a war we didn’t start, accused of killing innocent women and children, called dope heads, spit at and ridiculed by citizens most of the way to Michigan. Don’t get me wrong, I did meet some very generous and friendly people on the way, but they were solely the minority and far and few in between. Some uniformed soldiers with missing limbs were jeered at and told that they deserved their fate… " […] There is no way that you could spit on more than a select few soldiers and not get into a fist fight requiring someone to write a report about the incident.” Since no reports or evidence was available, it never happened. The truth is that these returning soldiers were still numb from the war and confused when confronted by the protesters. They were unable to react or chose not to retaliate to further fuel the fires enveloping them. […] “If you are a reader of this column, and you are a Vietnam Veteran, were you ever spat upon when you returned to the U.S.?” The response was overwhelming and more than 1000 soldiers wrote in. The many letters confirmed the rumors and make a poignant, genuine statement on their own. Taking excerpts from these letters, editing and verifying, Greene put them together in a book called,“Homecoming”.
The Homecoming for Vietnam Veterans Cherries - A Vietnam War Novel

Your sanitation guy should have asked those in the book too. It could have been easy to get the names from the Chicago columnist.

Anecdotes on a blog don't have the same credibility that actual media reports of the incidents carry.

There are thousands of hours recording antiwar protests but you can't find a single incident where a spitting incident actually happened?

We have video of people burning draft cards and throwing medals over the fence at the Whitehouse and even the video of the tragedy at Ohio State.

Why not?
Locate those persons and verify. They made their statements with their names on them. Call them, the burden is on you. If you actually bothered to read, the spittings were aimed mostly at individual solders with no cameras around.

Why not?
Locate those persons and verify. They made their statements with their names on them. Call them, the burden is on you. If you actually bothered to read, the spittings were aimed mostly at individual solders with no cameras around.

Without independent corroboration all you have is hearsay.

Why not?

There are names there to identify the persons who testified that they were spat on. It is more than hearsay no matter how you try to spin it.

Why not?

There are names there to identify the persons who testified that they were spat on. It is more than hearsay no matter how you try to spin it.

Hearsay Define Hearsay at Dictionary.com

upload_2015-7-19_11-27-57.png

According to those accounts there were no other witnesses ergo it falls within the definition of hearsay without any independent corroboration.

You don't get to change the law to suit your own partisan agenda.

It applies equally to both sides.

There is video evidence of a Congressional Democrats being spat upon by a Tea Partier (ref 1:20 mark).

Without that evidence it would just have been hearsay.

Spitting is one of a thugs favorite sport. You should see all of the ER visits for Hep C and HIV screenings the hospitals get due to employees, hospital workers, correction officers, police etc... Getting spit on.

Yet we are supposed to believe not one anti war loon spit on anyone during the 60's and 70's

I'm saying that there should be contemporary accounts of this happening, and there aren't.

I'm saying that there should be assault cases filed against either the spitters or the veterans after the beat the snot out of the spitters.

There aren't any of those, either.

But some nut who lived in a cave for two years and found Jesus says people spat upon him.

oh darn. the Democrats who created this monster (blacklivesonlymattersincertaintimes) and they are now EATING their own Democrats. you think the NY post, NYslimes, WashingtonCompost will report on this? I'm loving it. VIDEO at the site. ENJOY

SNIP:
Breaking: #BlackLivesMatter Mob Takes Over #Netroots – Heckles O’Malley Off Stage (VIDEO)

Jim Hoft Jul 18th, 2015 10:08 pm 39 Comments

You built this…
All hell broke loose at the progressive Netroots Nation conference this weekend. Activists for #BlackLivesMatter basically staged a mutiny and took over the stage.

Democratic Party presidential candidates Bernie Sanders and Martin O’Malley got heckled as they were trying to speak.

O’Malley was eventually booed off stage after saying “all lives matter.”
Because, according to the mob, all lives do not matter!

The activists told the leftist crowd:

“It’s not like we want to shut the sh*t down. But we have to.”

They booed the former governor throughout his speech!
ALL of it here:
Breaking BlackLivesMatter Mob Takes Over Netroots - Heckles O Malley Off Stage VIDEO - The Gateway Pundit
Meanwhile we are focusing on Trump ONLY….

I know. All he has to do is shut up. Too bad he isn't smart enough to do that.

I'm saying that there should be contemporary accounts of this happening, and there aren't.

I'm saying that there should be assault cases filed against either the spitters or the veterans after the beat the snot out of the spitters.

But some nut who lived in a cave for two years and found Jesus says people spat upon him.

and I find him more honest than your 'researcher'.

In fact, is that how your 'researcher' got his data?

"Ok, you say you were spat on, prove it"

"What, no corroboration? You must be lying"

Wonder how much he made from the book deal?

and I find him more honest than your 'researcher'.

In fact, is that how your 'researcher' got his data?

"Ok, you say you were spat on, prove it"

"What, no corroboration? You must be lying"

Wonder how much he made from the book deal?

Libs are gullible liars.

Forum List

Back