Meat plant workers to Trump: Employees aren't going to show up

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

CNNApril 29, 2020, 8:56 AM EDT

Meat processing plant workers are concerned about President Donald Trump's executive order that compels plants to remain open during the coronavirus pandemic. Some say they expect staff will refuse to come to work.

"All I know is, this is crazy to me, because I can't see all these people going back into work," said Donald, who works at Tyson's Waterloo, Iowa, facility. "I don't think people are going to go back in there."

Donald asked to be referred to by his first name only. He is currently recovering after testing positive for the virus.

"I'm still trying to figure out: What is he going to do, force them to stay open? Force people to go to work?" he asked.

‐---------------

Meanwhile the wet markets in China and other countries remain. That is racist to bring that up.

You all going to wake up to the globalist push to destroy the free market and usher in the new world order? No?

Weren't the globalists all of a sudden claiming eating meat caused "GLOBAL WARMING." Well that effort failed.

Want proof? Why isn't the world media discussing the wet markets in regions around the world where these pandemics originate?

Answer that and you will see what this is all about.

So, the spread of coronavirus is not in meat factories around the world? Yes? No?

Just here in America eh?

CNNApril 29, 2020, 8:56 AM EDT

Meat processing plant workers are concerned about President Donald Trump's executive order that compels plants to remain open during the coronavirus pandemic. Some say they expect staff will refuse to come to work.

"All I know is, this is crazy to me, because I can't see all these people going back into work," said Donald, who works at Tyson's Waterloo, Iowa, facility. "I don't think people are going to go back in there."

Donald asked to be referred to by his first name only. He is currently recovering after testing positive for the virus.

"I'm still trying to figure out: What is he going to do, force them to stay open? Force people to go to work?" he asked.

‐---------------

Meanwhile the wet markets in China and other countries remain. That is racist to bring that up.

You all going to wake up to the globalist push to destroy the free market and usher in the new world order? No?

Weren't the globalists all of a sudden claiming eating meat caused "GLOBAL WARMING." Well that effort failed.

Want proof? Why isn't the world media discussing the wet markets in regions around the world where these pandemics originate?

Answer that and you will see what this is all about.

So, the spread of coronavirus is not in meat factories around the world? Yes? No?

Just here in America eh?
there will always be somebody willing to work,,,

I think people will work, they need to work to earn a living and feed their families.

Remember this here, if you refuse to go back, you lose your unemployment. Receipt of UI checks is based upon the idea that the recipient is able and available to work

So it’s fine to walk off the job knowing people will starve to death? Good to know. I don’t see why doctors or nurses should stay either.

So, no coronavirus in other meat plants in China or other countries?

Only in this one?

Meat...

Not on any vegetable farms....

Just the meat industry in this country?

Wooooo weeee, you all smell that?

The workers who refuse to work will be replaced. Very simple. Democrats want to turn this into a rebellion against the government. They lose benefits and get replaced.

Put in measures to make it much safer, this virus is going to be beating our butts for the next 3 years or so.

If the supply chain of meats does not continue soon, then the whole system will fall apart.....

manufacturers need to meet OSHA standards to keep their employee's safe and not be given a free ride on this either....

MAKE IT SAFER for them.... make them feel and know they are safer.

Do weekly or daily or whatever testing, so the sick employees can isolate themselves at home instead of spreading it to the rest of the meat packers and management.

Put up plastic barriers in all plants to separate the packers and have the 6 foot minimum spread of packers..... if they have to go to two shifts or three shifts to keep people at a safer spread distance, then so be it.

Supply them with protective masks and gear, two sets a day, so when it is removed at lunch it is discarded and a new mask put on after lunch....

give them a video of how to properly put on an N95 mask and how to remove it safely, and on washing hands properly and when to do such, how often, same with sanitizer use... this is just to give them some sense of control over the virus and be less scared..... basically educate them.

Figure out a way, with maybe separate tents outside, to feed the workers, instead of all of them crammed in to the same cafeteria at once....

Sanitizer in front of every bathroom, in every bathroom as well... at every door, on both sides, in locker areas, outside of locker area....

They can pay them better, a "Combat Pay" type of thing...

A bunch of small things that could mentally ease their fears thru education and supplies AND a few major changes like suggested at the top.... plexiglass separation, 6 foot spread, two shifts instead of one.... and this is from me, just an everyday Josephine who knows little...

epidemiologists, infectious disease experts should be hired by these manufacturers initially married with the line manufacturing engineers so they can figure out what is best and feasible.... to meet safety standards for operating during an epidemic.

Some quick things can be done to get them up and running, even if at half mast.....

Even with less production of meat processing until major things can be done, it still keeps the entire supply chain going enough to not let the system in place, to fail.....and to keep hyper inflation on meat, from occurring.

That gives time for new innovations inside the workplace, a new kind of thinking on how these plants are designed, to make it safer for both the workers and us.... what if the next pandemic is something that could be passed through eating a product infected with it from human touch?

We seem to be in the beginning of an era that lends itself to these monster viruses and disease!

Also, are all the meat processors that have been infected and survived already, are they already immune? We really need to know this....they need to know this....

Last edited:
I think people will work, they need to work to earn a living and feed their families.

Remember this here, if you refuse to go back, you lose your unemployment. Receipt of UI checks is based upon the idea that the recipient is able and available to work
BTW, I'm forced to work. If I wish to make a living and buy things, I must work. Therefore, I am indeed forced to work. My choice too.

So it’s fine to walk off the job knowing people will starve to death? Good to know. I don’t see why doctors or nurses should stay either.
thank you. That's been my point since yesterday. and they are dealing with infected patients. supposedly.

Put in measures to make it much safer, this virus is going to be beating our butts for the net 3 years or so.

If the supply chain of meats does not continue soon, then the whole system will fall apart.....

manufacturers need to meet OSHA standards to keep their employee's safe and not be given a free ride on this either....

Do weekly or daily or whatever testing, so the sick employees can isolate themselves at home instead of spreading it to the rest of the meat packers and management.

Put up plastic barriers in all plants to separate the packers and have the 6 foot minimum spread of packers..... if they have to go to two shifts or three shifts to keep people at a safer spread distance, then so be it.

Supply them with protective masks and gear, two sets a day, so when it is removed at lunch it is discarded and a new mask put on after lunch....

give them a video of how to properly put on an N95 mask and how to remove it safely, and on washing hands properly and when to do such, how often, same with sanitizer use... this is just to give them some sense of control over the virus and be less scared..... basically educate them.

Figure out a way, with maybe separate tents outside, to feed the workers, instead of all of them crammed in to the same cafeteria at once....

Sanitizer in front of every bathroom, in every bathroom as well... at every door, on both sides, in locker areas, outside of locker area....

A bunch of small things that could mentally ease their fears thru education and supplies AND a few major changes like suggested at the top.... plexiglass separation, 6 foot spread, two shifts instead of one.... and this is from me, just an everyday Josephine who knows little...

epidemiologists, infectious disease experts should be hired by these manufacturers initially married with the line manufacturing engineers so they can figure out what is best and feasible.... to meet safety standards for operating during an epidemic.

Some quick things can be done to get them up and running, even if at half mast.....

Even with less production of meat processing until major things can be done, it still keeps the entire supply chain going enough to not let the system in place, to fail.....and to keep hyper inflation on meat, from occurring.

That gives time for new innovations inside the workplace, a new kind of thinking on how these plants are designed, to make it safer for both the workers and us.... what if the next pandemic is something that could be passed through eating a product infected with it from human touch?

We seem to be in the beginning of an era that lends itself to these monster viruses and disease!

Also, are all the meat processors that have been infected and survived already, are they already immune? We really need to know this....they need to know this....
So, should the world demand closing the wet markets in Asia and other places where this originates?

Yes? No?

No other meat plants in the world have seen this? Just our country?

No farm that grows vegetables in this country has seen coronavirus?

No?

Huh

Iowa has an idiot masquerading as a governor.

"If you're an employer and you offer to bring your employee back to work and they decide not to, that's a voluntary quit," Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds (R) said Friday. "Therefore, they would not be eligible for the unemployment money." -Kim Reynolds​

F-ing BEOTCH - And you were WARNED!!

Put in measures to make it much safer, this virus is going to be beating our butts for the net 3 years or so.

So, should the world demand closing the wet markets in Asia and other places where this originates?

Yes? No?

No other meat plants in the world have seen this? Just our country?

No farm that grows vegetables in this country has seen coronavirus?

No?

Huh
It's hard to say....immediate gut instinct is yes.....

But I know little about the wet markets and why they are prevalent in China..... someone else on this board not too long ago, who seemed to understand the situation said that wild animals eaten as their meat source is because most of the Chinese people do not have access or can not afford to buy meat that is processed like Beef, and Pork...

it's a special occasion when they buy those type of meats..... most or many have always eaten meats from the wild as their primary meat source....

think of it as venison, or moose, or bear meat, or grouse, or pigeons or squirrel, or wild turkey and Pheasants, things hunters and living in the wild eat, here in America....living off the grid, and are not available for us to buy in grocery stores....

Without further research, I do think that ALL bats should be banned from sale at ALL wet markets... because they are known to pass viruses to humans, even through intermediary animals....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back