McDonalds Worker Arrested For Self-Defense?

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Last edited:
Its NY...….explains it all,,,going down hill like a frt train.....crime is way up.

How is it a man spits on you at the drive-thru window, then tries to climb in through the window attacking you and you break a coffee pot over his head in self-defense trying to stop him, and YOU get carted off to jail for
  • Assault
  • Reckless endangerment and
  • Criminal possession of a weapon (a coffee pot)?
Only in America. The criminal is now the victim and the victim is the perp.

NYC McDonald's worker allegedly smashes coffee pot over head of man climbing in drive-thru window
You think it might have something to do with who had the serious injuries? I don't know, just wondering.
Quite an argument. Only in NYC

How is it a man spits on you at the drive-thru window, then tries to climb in through the window attacking you and you break a coffee pot over his head in self-defense trying to stop him, and YOU get carted off to jail for
  • Assault

NYC McDonald's worker allegedly smashes coffee pot over head of man climbing in drive-thru window
Violence is risky period. I agree that this is bullshit! Every change to american law in the past 50 years benefits the prosecution. This has emboldened police and prosecutors. The good news is this person will likely win in court. The bad news is it will cost him dearly in terms of time and money. The courts will get thier money though.

The employee was doing a fast reaction to the assault (Spitting) and when he was being threatened with more violence. What would you have done without thinking. I think his reaction was appropriate. It may be some time before the asshole customer tries that again.

If I was on the jury, I would award the employee with "Employee of the Month" award.

The employee was doing a fast reaction to the assault (Spitting) and when he was being threatened with more violence. What would you have done without thinking. I think his reaction was appropriate. It may be some time before the asshole customer tries that again.

If I was on the jury, I would award the employee with "Employee of the Month" award.
When I worked fast food we stayed open for the late nite bar rush. Got roudy one nite, fight broke out, lead guy guy grabbed one of the large knives from back and cleared the place out. Cops never said a word.

• Assault

Oh, yes, in 2020 America the victim is often the one charged or at least ignored by the cops.

The cops are terrified of being accused of "discrimination" and thus losing their pensions.

Perps are in the driver's seat. And they know that it. Activists are always at the ready 24/7 to scream "Discrimination!!!!!"

The real question is: WHERE IS McDONALDS IN DEFENDING THEIR EMPLOYEE? Why are they not paying the legal defense? What policy did the employee violate? What other method of self defense other than a coffee pot did the company provide? Who decided to charge this employee?

Bottom Line: When you work for any company, they force you to sign away all rights to them. Meantime, they reserve all rights to themselves. McDonalds will let this girl twist in the wind, she is on her own, they will throw her in the gutter and replace her with another. You have NO RIGHTS in America working for anyone. The employee is like garbage to corporate America and they will chuck you at the first sign of trouble while making sure they are totally protected from you. You think you have Worker's Comp? Even THAT is a joke. Get hurt at work due to their negligence and be prepared to spend a year in court to get 1/10th the real damages done to you.

America is a nation of big corporation rights too big to fail and the individual gets nothing but screwed. The rich get rich on the backs of the poor

^^^ If the people in charge need the help badly enough, they better learn how to meet those who help half way or the people in charge are going to be the ones who are all on their own.

God bless you and the employee always!!!

Holly

P.S. And yeah, plenty of jobs are now being done by machines, but do keep in mind that machines can only be in well working condition for so long.

Way too much emphasis put on the responder rather than the instigator.
Granted responses can be overkill but absent instigation there is No response

• Assault

You think it might have something to do with who had the serious injuries? I don't know, just wondering.
She should have been allowed to bury an axe in his head. Who gives a shit about the extent of his injuries? Why should that matter in a self defense case?

There is something wrong with New York. The employee was charged with criminal possession of a weapon. As if the assailant had a right to assault.

• Assault

She should have been allowed to bury an axe in his head. Who gives a shit about the extent of his injuries? Why should that matter in a self defense case?
There is something wrong with New York. The employee was charged with criminal possession of a weapon. As if the assailant had a right to assault.

The guy didn't park his car and come into the store through the door to argue his disagreement like any sane individual! What kind of idiot CLIMBS IN THROUGH THE DRIVE THROUGH WINDOW?

Was he coming in to give her a tip?

Was she supposed to call 911 and wait for the police?

Where is McDonalds on this?

As a girl (especially), she had every reason to be in fear of her life. I would have slammed the window shut on his neck and choked the bastard until his face turned blue, then kicked him in the balls 50 times. Then hit him in the face with a boiling pot of fryer oil from the french fry machine.

Last edited:
  • Assault

Hey, Toob. In NY I believe the law says if a person can safely retreat from an act of aggression, they have a duty to do so.

In this case I surmise retreating was the prudent move, instead of bashing a crazed dude in the head with a coffee pot full of hat water.

I would love to learn the truth about what sparked this act of human hate and insanity. ;)

Peace.

• Assault

Hey, Toob. In NY I believe the law says if a person can safely retreat from an act of aggression, they have a duty to do so.

In this case I surmise retreating was the prudent move, instead of bashing a crazed dude in the head with a coffee pot full of hat water.

I would love to learn the truth about what sparked this act of human hate and insanity. ;)

Peace.

Retreat.

You mean retreat to get the store baseball bat? :D

OK, let's say she retreats. To where? The back of the store? Then what after he climbs through the window and comes after her?

So she retreats. Then what, runs outside to further flee trying to get away from him until he catches her and beats her to a pulp?

No, she did the right thing. She caught him at the point he was most vulnerable. She followed her survival instincts. I have no desire to test the theory that he wasn't intending to seriously hurt or kill her.

You don't get out of your car and climb in through the small drive-thru window to shake somebody's hand.

The state is wrong, the law is wrong; I would have stuck a chef's knife into the guy's eye.

She should sue the jackass legislator who wrote the idiot law for her legal defense expenses.

• Assault

I don't know. I was just wondering.
I know in Maine, if cops are called to a domestic dispute and there has been any physical contact, it is the LAW that someone has to be arrested. Did these two have a relationship? If the drive thru windows in NY are anything like the ones where I live, no grown man could get in through it anyway. I'm just throwing out a couple of what if's, because there seems to be a whole lot of information missing from that article.
I think. Maybe the police of New York have gone that crazy, but I doubt it.

No law obligating retreat so that you can get stabbed in the back
Much like pedestrians walking out in front of cars, the responsibility is being placed on the Wrong party

No law obligating retreat so that you can get stabbed in the back
Much like pedestrians walking out in front of cars, the responsibility is being placed on the Wrong party

Whenever it comes to crossing a street on foot, I always yield to the cars. Cars stop and wave me along and I tell them to go. I appreciate the offer but I have no desire to step in front of 2500 pounds of steel that all it takes is a tap of the foot on the gas to run me over flat.

Cars are big moving machines and consuming fossil fuel. I'm just a dude on foot. The street is there for them. It makes far more sense for me to simply stop for a second than for them to bring a ton of automobile to a stop then have to start it moving again just for me.

It really pisses me off when I'm driving and pedestrians just walk out in front of me like I'm not even there and don't even look or pay attention to whether I've stopped for them just because they are in a crosswalk!

That is a real act of faith in a few lines of paint on the street. Probably a good thing I no longer drive souped up 400 HP race engines with cams in them. I might be tempted to rev the engine and lay on the horn and make them crap their pants then ask them why they are so willing to blindly trust their lives to a total stranger just because they are SUPPOSED to stop?

But I'd probably get in trouble these days rather than thanked for teaching them an important lesson.

Never assume.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back