McCain/Warren working to put Glass Steagall back in place.

You a joke?

p.s. The "financial advisor" you're pretending to be reminds me of the cocksucker who got me into Lehman and Bear Stearns......I was headed over to his office after I got the call that I'd been swindled....he wasn't there, he never returned, to this day nobody knows where he went.

That's awful. If only Glass-Steagall were in place, there would be no fraud.

You a joke?

p.s. The "financial advisor" you're pretending to be reminds me of the cocksucker who got me into Lehman and Bear Stearns......I was headed over to his office after I got the call that I'd been swindled....he wasn't there, he never returned, to this day nobody knows where he went.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfv3kBzJZgU]Paul Simon 1980 One Trick Pony - YouTube[/ame]
:eusa_whistle:

You a joke?

That sucks.

Getting burned ain't no fun.

I'm not a young man anymore....I'll have to work until I die now....so you can see this isn't a subject I'll listen to much bullshit about.

You a joke?

That sucks.

I'm not a young man anymore....I'll have to work until I die now....so you can see this isn't a subject I'll listen to much bullshit about.

So you are the other guy in the boat I am in.

Keep rowing. Rough waters ahead.

No prizes for sleepin'

:razz:

That sucks.

No prizes for sleepin'

I got a couple shotguns....how about you grab a couple Nixon and Carter masks and we go make a withdrawl from a Chase bank? :lol:

No prizes for sleepin'

I got a couple shotguns....how about you grab a couple Nixon and Carter masks and we go make a withdrawl from a Chase bank? :lol:

:lol:

Long as we don't go surfing after the heist.

Last edited:

You a joke?

We're not talking about conventional fraud....we're talking about greed-freaks creating "financial instruments" nobody understood that were sold by fast-talking criminals to other fast-talking criminals, mostly insured for vig by a fast-talking criminal who should never have been allowed in a conference room at AIG, much less in charge of that firm. Glass-Steagall had prevented that type of chicanery since 1929...that's a pretty good track record. Now stick your smug bullshit where the sun don't shine, squirt.

Last edited:
You a joke?

We're not talking about conventional fraud....we're talking about greed-freaks creating "financial instruments" nobody understood that were sold by fast-talking criminals to other fast-talking criminals, mostly insured for vig by a fast-talking criminal who should never have been allowed in a conference room at AIG, much less in charge of that firm. Glass-Steagall had prevented that time of chicanery since 1929...that's a pretty good track record. Now stick your smug bullshit where the sun don't shine, squirt.

Which is exactly what Warren points out in the vid.

We're not talking about conventional fraud....we're talking about greed-freaks creating "financial instruments" nobody understood that were sold by fast-talking criminals to other fast-talking criminals, mostly insured for vig by a fast-talking criminal who should never have been allowed in a conference room at AIG, much less in charge of that firm. Glass-Steagall had prevented that type of chicanery since 1929...that's a pretty good track record. Now stick your smug bullshit where the sun don't shine, squirt.

Which is exactly what Warren points out in the vid.

I don't follow most of the links posted here after I got a virus-alert in one on Tuesday. :eusa_hand:

I was at ADT Corporate when Sarbanes-Oxley came down the pike....talk about overreach....we had to account for every 3 volt battery and wire-nut used on an install so we sales guys had to submit an extra 6 pages of paperwork that had nothing that applied to an alarm system. We had TWO copying machines for 25 salespeople....one of them was usually broken down so you could either wait in line for an hour in which the copier ran out of paper at least once and spots in line were held for folks having to go to the latrine. So in order to make an appointment in west Phoenix that was set by somebody in Florida, we'd have to bolt out to make it on time without turning in our deals IN TRIPLICATE from earlier in the day. I can only imagine what Dodd-Frank is doing to corporate America....considering that those two were the ones who prevented F&F review in the first place. Fox in the henhouse returns to the crime scene to run forensics, eh?

Last edited:
You a joke?

we're talking about greed-freaks creating "financial instruments" nobody understood that were sold by fast-talking criminals to other fast-talking criminals

I'm sorry a criminal sold you something you didn't understand.

mostly insured for vig by a fast-talking criminal who should never have been allowed in a conference room at AIG

I'm pretty sure AIG paid on all their contracts.

Glass-Steagall had prevented that type of chicanery since 1929

And didn't prevent poor underwriting. Which helped inflate the real estate bubble.

Not sure what brining back Glass/Stegall will do other than keeping commerical and investment banking seperate (whilch I am for on that particular point), just remember dems, Clinton signed that repeal into law and ith had near 100 percent support in Congress at the time.

As for Warren, she makes the dem who lost that seat Martha Coakley look like Margaret Thatcher.

No matter who repealed it, why would you repeat a mistake?

Forum List

Back