McCain/Warren working to put Glass Steagall back in place.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
About fucking time!

Elizabeth Warren has one of the most impressive resumes in financial politics. She's a wonk. She knows her facts. Too bad her interrogators didn't. It gets amazing at 2:10. At 3:42, she uses their words against them. And at 4:39, she reminds me of Aragorn in "The Lord of the Rings," because I'm a giant nerd.
CNBC Hosts Decide To Teach Senator Warren How Regulation Works. Probably Shouldn't Have Done That.

The vid is worth the several minute investment.

She really shows why putting her in Congress was a great move.

my gawd, who said and wrote that stupid stuff?

they act like a politician is a god and that is why they should lord over the people..this is getting damn scary..

McCain has become a full blown traitor to his party and the people he represents..he should be asked to step down..

About fucking time!

Elizabeth Warren has one of the most impressive resumes in financial politics. She's a wonk. She knows her facts. Too bad her interrogators didn't. It gets amazing at 2:10. At 3:42, she uses their words against them. And at 4:39, she reminds me of Aragorn in "The Lord of the Rings," because I'm a giant nerd.
CNBC Hosts Decide To Teach Senator Warren How Regulation Works. Probably Shouldn't Have Done That.

It would help, but there are other vehicles that have been developed since 99....that are just as risky.

warren is on the right track here, but shes far from some panacea, she has her issues with 'wonkiness'...

Whatever....Yet another string of typical lolberal non sequiturs and post-hoc fallacies treated as gospel.

Besides that, Glass/Stegal did nothing to stop the S&L collapse.

What fallacy?

And do nothing?

I don't think so.

At the very least it would have mitigated the bank losses.

It might have kiboshed the whole thing entirely.

About fucking time!

It would help, but there are other vehicles that have been developed since 99....that are just as risky.

warren is on the right track here, but shes far from some panacea, she has her issues with 'wonkiness'...

Seems we agree for once.

Whatever....Yet another string of typical lolberal non sequiturs and post-hoc fallacies treated as gospel.

Besides that, Glass/Stegal did nothing to stop the S&L collapse.

What fallacy?

And do nothing?

I don't think so.

At the very least it would have mitigated the bank losses.

It might have kiboshed the whole thing entirely.
The fallacy that Glass/Steagal was responsible for all the great economic conditions which followed, which more often than not get attributed to unions, or 90% tax rates on the reviled rich, or the child labor laws, or *your favorite lolberal program here*...SSDD.

And taking your flawed false dichotomy of reinstating Glass/Steagal or do nothing at face value, doing nothing would be better than doing the ineffective.

I'd rather would have Glass-Steagall renewed than leave Dodd-Frank.

What will happen with the latter?

About fucking time!

She calmly and quietly lets them know she's in charge. Love Elizabeth Warren.

I can believe that Sen. Warren would attempt this, she's new and Bankers haven't enough dirt on her to "get her in line" quite yet.

But McCain? No way! That old man is a complete sellout, he does whatever he's told to by his handlers. I'm thinking he's been paired up with Sen. Warren as a way to "gum up the works" like he did to the Republicans in 2008.

I figger it's his job to slip a "poison pill" of sorts into whatever Legislation they're dreaming up.

Banks already have more regulations than nuclear power plants, the LAST thing we need is even MORE Government regulation

right because they're not too big to fail now :doubt: FRANK!!! There are less mega banks and they're even bigger since absorbing Merrill & Bear Stearns, etc...

You do what percent of the economy is made up by *cough* "financial services" (AKA- legalized theft.

Thangod Cordray will be able to do his job now. :eusa_dance:

Senate confirms Cordray as consumer bureau chief | Reuters

I can believe that Sen. Warren would attempt this, she's new and Bankers haven't enough dirt on her to "get her in line" quite yet.

But McCain? No way! That old man is a complete sellout, he does whatever he's told to by his handlers. I'm thinking he's been paired up with Sen. Warren as a way to "gum up the works" like he did to the Republicans in 2008.

I figger it's his job to slip a "poison pill" of sorts into whatever Legislation they're dreaming up.

yep. Remember this?:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZbC_IqWEJY]"The Banks Own The Place" - Senator Dick Durbin - YouTube[/ame]

About fucking time!

A friend of mine who knows more about economic nuances and law than I do had told me years ago that Glass/Steagall needed to be brought back.

However when scumbags like Warren, traitors like McCain are involved coupled with the endorsement of insipid bed wetters like swallow I have to question the wisdom.

Gee....Ya think? :lol:

Forum List

Back