McCain blames Obama for bailout defeat

Well, I'm not laughing at all, I work for a bank and I dont feel like getting laid off for the 2nd time this year. I'm really worried about whats going on.
I am, too. There are all kind of banks in Europe being nationalized. This thing is huge and pretty damn scary.

I have to give McCain props for comic relief, though.

I am, too. There are all kind of banks in Europe being nationalized. This thing is huge and pretty damn scary.

I have to give McCain props for comic relief, though.

i converted all my holdings to beanie babies and barry bonds baseball cards.
the future's so bright i gotta wear shades
:cool:

Well, I'm not laughing at all, I work for a bank and I dont feel like getting laid off for the 2nd time this year...
Mayber if you were useful.

Out here in CO they're always hiring folks to work the oil and gas fields. You can make $65k the 1st year with benes, 401k and 100% OJT and add 15% to 30% in raises each consequetive year....but you might have to break a nail or two.

Shortly after the bailout vote, a statement from the campaign of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) blamed the loss on "the Democratic leadership: Senators [Barack] Obama and [Harry] Reid, Speaker [Nancy] Pelosi and others.

"Their partisan attacks were an effort to gain political advantage during a national economic crisis. By doing so, they put at risk the homes, livelihoods and savings of millions of American families," said the statement, released in the name of senior policy adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin.

Full Story here

:lol: poor John McCain....didn't he hear it was his party who failed to delieve their votes? I thought John had them all lined up and ready to tow the party line? take one for the team so to speak...put the COUNTRY first and not their own pride and political future!

This is going to blow up in John's face and he's trying to lay the blame at Obama's feet but the fact is Obama hasn't been in Washington talking about how he was going to broker a deal of bipartisan support for this bill...that was McCain.... he looks like the loser in all this...

2/3 of Dems voted in favor of the bill.... only 65 Repubs...tell us how that's a democratic failure?

I think your Democrats leaders have given McCain a new lease on life.

Some other storm clouds on the horizon:

• Rezgo may start talking. Does he have something on Obama?
  • Fannie and Freddie subpeans issued today. Will we see Raines and Johnson dragged before a grand jury?
  • Low expectations for Palin at debate. What happens if she wins?

Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

It cute to watch you all dream these big dreams...haven't you all been waiting for months for something to derail Obama?

Raines and Johnson don't work on Obama's campaign...I think you'd be more worried about Rick Davis' role as a lobbyist for them than anything else...

Low expectations for Palin? that's nice to see.... so you think it's okay that Palin is a dumbfuck and still might be within a heartbeat away from the most powerful job in the free world? good god I feel sorry for you idiot Cons.

Bush has no credibility left.

He could only deliver 65 votes in his own party.

:lol: poor John McCain....didn't he hear it was his party who failed to delieve their votes? I thought John had them all lined up and ready to tow the party line? take one for the team so to speak...put the COUNTRY first and not their own pride and political future!

This is going to blow up in John's face and he's trying to lay the blame at Obama's feet but the fact is Obama hasn't been in Washington talking about how he was going to broker a deal of bipartisan support for this bill...that was McCain.... he looks like the loser in all this...

2/3 of Dems voted in favor of the bill.... only 65 Repubs...tell us how that's a democratic failure?
well, the dems could have passed it without a single repub vote
if it was such a good bill

Out here in CO they're always hiring folks to work the oil and gas fields. You can make $65k the 1st year with benes, 401k and 100% OJT and add 15% to 30% in raises each consequetive year....but you might have to break a nail or two.

Well at least I know now that your thoughts are insignificant. I have a wife 2 kids and a disabled sister so your sick comments show your immaturity and lack of character. karma is a bitch, hope it doesnt kick you in your fricken face, I know I sure would like too.

I'm not particularly thrilled with any of the candidates, but I get the feeling it's all over for McCain.
Hey, don't blame me, I'm a Hillary supporter.

Maybe we can get the Republicans to boot out John and put her at the top of the ticket.

You are a dumbass arent you. Let me take my 12 years of banking and just fold up the lawn chairs and move to CO to work in the oil fields. I was laying fiberglass in boats in the 110 degree heat in Florida as a kid so dont give me your bullshit about hard work. Some of us chose to get educated and go into the field of our choice. Your really pissing me off.

Some of us chose to get educated and go into the field of our choice...
I am by far much happier blue-collar than white-collar and don't worry, it's only 110-degrees in CO in the summer. It's -20 in the winter so I guess it evens out.

Even moving to CO--or Louisiana if you want something closer--is better than waiting for an industry that's getting gutted to pick back up again. I presume you like eating.

I am by far much happier blue-collar than white-collar and don't worry, it's only 110-degrees in CO in the summer. It's -20 in the winter so I guess it evens out.

Even moving to CO--or Louisiana if you want something closer--is better than waiting for an industry that's getting gutted to pick back up again. I presume you like eating.

Whats blue collar and white collar. I dont make over $150k a year anymore so according to the Republicans I am blue collar. Look, if I lost my job tomorrow and there was an oil field in FL that would hire me and pay me $65k a year I would take it in a heartbeat because there are no jobs in Florida unless your a fricken nurse or IT.

Hey, don't blame me, I'm a Hillary supporter.

Maybe we can get the Republicans to boot out John and put her at the top of the ticket.

I'll take her. She seems to be more qualified than the two bozos (<-using rayboyusmc childish remark) currently running for President. Whoever votes for these bozos (that's why it's rayboy not rayman) should color their blindfolded face like clowns.

I'll take her. She seems to be more qualified than the two bozos (<-using rayboyusmc childish remark) currently running for President. Whoever votes for these bozos (that's why it's rayboy not rayman) should color their blindfolded face like clowns.

so you're not voting? :clap2:

WTF did Obama do? He wasn't even present enough to vote present.

You DO realize that it was the HOUSE that failed to pass it, right? Obama and McCain are Senators. Kitty says Duuurrrr. :eusa_drool:

And to be fair, y'all, it wasn't McCain who blamed Obama. It was the McCain campaign's Senior Policy Adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin. If you recall, McCain "doesn't always necessarily speak for the McCain Campaign".
:D

P.S. Did you look at the bill title itself? Those farkers are trying to ream us using this particular code just sucks canal water:

H R 3997 RECORDED VOTE 29-Sep-2008 2:07 PM
QUESTION: On Concurring in Senate Amendment With An Amendment
BILL TITLE: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide earnings assistance and tax relief to members of the uniformed services, volunteer firefighters, and Peace Corps volunteers, and for other purposes

Forum List

Back