Maybe...People Aren’t Meant to Talk This Much

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
I found this article informative...and very applicable to our times:

Online media gives the everyperson access to channels of communication previously reserved for Big Business. Starting with the world wide web in the 1990s and continuing into user-generated content of the aughts and social media of the 2010s, control over public discourse has moved from media organizations, governments, and corporations to average citizens. Finally, people could publish writing, images, videos, and other material without first getting the endorsement of publishers or broadcasters. Ideas spread freely beyond borders.

And we also received a toxic dump of garbage. The ease with which connections can be made—along with the way that, on social media, close friends look the same as acquaintances or even strangers—means any post can successfully appeal to people’s worst fears, transforming ordinary folks into radicals. That’s what YouTube did to the Christchurch shooter, what conspiracy theorists preceding QAnon did to the Pizzagaters, what Trumpists did to the Capitol rioters. And, closer to the ground, it’s how random Facebook messages scam your mother, how ill-thought tweets ruin lives, how social media has made life in general brittle and unforgiving.

It’s long past time to question a fundamental premise of online life: What if people shouldn’t be able to say so much, and to so many, so often?

Assuming you are correct, if politicians and the media can lie to the public, which they continually do, with impunity, why are you going after the average citizen for doing the SAME things?

You sound worried.

Assuming you are correct, if politicians and the media can lie to the public, which they continually do, with impunity, why are you going after the average citizen for doing the SAME things?

You sound worried.

Yes, I do worry... Politicians can lie, but there are always people out there willing to call them on their lies.

Some idiot in his basement can make up a fake post and you'll always have idiots willing to believe it.

As much as you want to whine about the MSM, there are limits to what they can actually do. They can be held liable when they get it wrong. Which is why they have lawyers and fact-checkers before they go to press. There's no such accountability on the dickhead in his mother's basement who creates a false rumor about a secret basement room under the pizza place were children are being molested. Even if you ever find out who he is, he probably doesn't have enough assets to go after, anyway.

Now, Facebook has rightfully come under scrutiny, because they are a free service and they don't make enough residual money off of advertising to justify putting a lot of people on editing duties.

Yes, I do worry... Politicians can lie, but there are always people out there willing to call them on their lies.

Some idiot in his basement can make up a fake post and you'll always have idiots willing to believe it.

As much as you want to whine about the MSM, there are limits to what they can actually do. They can be held liable when they get it wrong. Which is why they have lawyers and fact-checkers before they go to press. There's no such accountability on the dickhead in his mother's basement who creates a false rumor about a secret basement room under the pizza place were children are being molested. Even if you ever find out who he is, he probably doesn't have enough assets to go after, anyway.

Now, Facebook has rightfully come under scrutiny, because they are a free service and they don't make enough residual money off of advertising to justify putting a lot of people on editing duties.

So professional liars like politicians, lobbyists and lawyers don't like competition from amateurs? Too funny.

Facebook's revenues for 2020 were $85 billion dollars but they can't afford to allow dissenting opinions??? Man you really are trying too hard to justify killing off the 1st Amendment.

If you don't like what is said too bad - freedom of speech is an American right.

You always have idiots who believe every words a politician shits out of his mouth too.

I found this article informative...and very applicable to our times:

Online media gives the everyperson access to channels of communication previously reserved for Big Business. Starting with the world wide web in the 1990s and continuing into user-generated content of the aughts and social media of the 2010s, control over public discourse has moved from media organizations, governments, and corporations to average citizens. Finally, people could publish writing, images, videos, and other material without first getting the endorsement of publishers or broadcasters. Ideas spread freely beyond borders.

And we also received a toxic dump of garbage. The ease with which connections can be made—along with the way that, on social media, close friends look the same as acquaintances or even strangers—means any post can successfully appeal to people’s worst fears, transforming ordinary folks into radicals. That’s what YouTube did to the Christchurch shooter, what conspiracy theorists preceding QAnon did to the Pizzagaters, what Trumpists did to the Capitol rioters. And, closer to the ground, it’s how random Facebook messages scam your mother, how ill-thought tweets ruin lives, how social media has made life in general brittle and unforgiving.

It’s long past time to question a fundamental premise of online life: What if people shouldn’t be able to say so much, and to so many, so often?
I would miss Facebook about as much as I miss saddle sores.

So, silence the voice of the majority because someone may believe a lie?

I know who are the losers in life. Those on FB

Half the people on FaceFuck have no biz being there

Which is why you are dedicated to silencing those people. Uber Alles Democrat.

Nah, no one believes you.

So hold Fascistbook liable for what the publish. We decent folk have been advocating this for years. You fascists are the ones who resist it.

No, because someone may expose the lies of the Reich.
The longer I am on here the more I believe that certain posters are paid to parrot party lines.

I mean, who says silence 'non-official', 'non-vetted', voices?

You never saw any of this kind of lunacy even a decade ago outside of DPRK, or Comm China.

The longer I am on here the more I believe that certain posters are paid to parrot party lines.

I mean, who says silence 'non-official', 'non-vetted', voices?

You never saw any of this kind of lunacy even a decade ago outside of DPRK, or Comm China.

The sad thing is the brain washed morons aren't even paid. They live for their party. Ever wonder how Hitler, Pol Pot, Baby Doc, etc. rose to power?

JoeB131 and Crepitus are the answer.

Funny, I don't see any accountability. They can lie about Putin owning Trump with 24/7 coverage but any conspiracy theories about Hunter Biden, which really are not conspiracy theories and more of stated fact, are censored before election time?

You are fixing elections this way since many voters I saw polled would have voted differently had they known about the Hunter scandals.

You don't want to end lies, you just want to be the one who controls them

Last edited:
And you know because you are on Facebook so much?

I never bought into that crap
LOLOL.............yeah right...............Never had an account. I hope the Taliban that came in by Biden fly a God Damned plane in their headquarters

FuckFace is for 2 people.

1-Woman who need to show their first babies shit
2- Insecure losers who no one listens to in their lonely miserable lives, so FuckFace keeps them from suicide

Hope that totally reveals my feelings

"People aren't meant to talk this much"? Maybe so but who determines which people should be shut out of the argument? Only democrats need apply?

Forum List

Back