Zone1 Maybe nothing says Vatican II was from Hell better than a photo (then and now)

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
built-by-catholics-and-novus-ordos.jpg

• Banned
That novus ordo monstrosity looks like a one car garage with a big storage unit attached--the cross being somewhat an afterthought... likely placed there in anticipation of the inevitable demonic onslaught the builders rightly predicted

something like that

Most Catholics certainly do
God does not need a palace. Building huge cathedrals was a leasure pastime of long ago kings and despots trying to buy their way to heaven. Impressive as they are they are not what faith is about.

• Banned
God does not need a palace. Building huge cathedrals was a leasure pastime of long ago kings and despots trying to buy their way to heaven. Impressive as they are they are not what faith is about.
what a bunch of hooey

You are clueless about Catholicism and likely a whole lot of other things...

That novus ordo monstrosity looks like a one car garage with a big storage unit attached--the cross being somewhat an afterthought... likely placed there in anticipation of the inevitable demonic onslaught the builders rightly predicted
It's a clean and modern architectural design that is pleasing to the eye and easily maintained.

what a bunch of hooey

If you don't even know who built cathedrals what else don't you know? Those monstrous edifices were meant to be a symbol of the secular wealth and power of the church.

• Banned
It's a clean and modern architectural design that is pleasing to the eye and easily maintained.

If you don't even know who built cathedrals what else don't you know? Those monstrous edifices were meant to be a symbol of the secular wealth and power of the church.
you just proved once again (to anyone who needs proof) that you are clueless about Catholicism.

For starters: In the OT, God specified how the temple would be built.. gold! He asked that real gold be used.

OK, now you're going to say that it wasn't God, that humans wrote the Bible. Well, you can believe what you want.

There were other expensive materials used in the making of Solomon's temple also, where the Ark of the Covenant was kept. I believe the temple began to be built under King David.. The Ark of the C was where God descended to speak to the people, something that began with Moses. He was the one who first had the Ark of the C built, and it had to be built to certain specifications (gold...), cared for by the Levites (priests). There was a lamp there at all times, day and night, to signify the Presence of God.

Today, there is a lamp in the Catholic Churches signifying Christ's Real Presence there

(or used to be... I don't know about the Vatican "churches" so called). His Presence used to be there, despite Vatican II.

I think the OP is a pretending to be Catholic. That's the only thing that makes sense.

He's on a mission. He has an agenda.

you just proved once again (to anyone who needs proof) that you are clueless about Catholicism.

For starters: In the OT, God specified how the temple would be built.. gold! He asked that real gold be used.

OK, now you're going to say that it wasn't God, that humans wrote the Bible. Well, you can believe what you want.

There were other expensive materials used in the making of Solomon's temple also, where the Ark of the Covenant was kept. The Ark of the C was where God descended to speak to the people, something that began with Moses. He was the one who first had the Ark of the C built, and it had to be built to certain specifications, cared for by the Levites (priests). There was a lamp there at all times, day and night, to signify the Presence of God.

Today, Christ's Presence is in His Church (or used to be... I don't know about the Vatican "churches" so called). His Presence used to be there, despite Vatican II.
Sinking vast wealth into the temples and priests of any religion has been a scam since prehistory. In our more enlightened age such raw displays of worldly wealth have fallen from favor. Better to use all that wealth to make the parish a better place to live.

Sinking vast wealth into the temples and priests of any religion has been a scam since prehistory. In our more enlightened age such raw displays of worldly wealth have fallen from favor. Better to use all that wealth to make the parish a better place to live.
ha ha... how absolutely IRONIC

Vatican II made being a Catholic hellish

And who would know better than...

A Catholic?

ha ha... how absolutely IRONIC

Vatican II made being a Catholic hellish

And who would know better than...

A Catholic?
I'm not going to mock your faith no matter how much you crave it. Do you want to talk about church buildings or not.

That link shows Catholics how Vatican II mangled the Holy Mass

It was no small change, as the liars often say

Um, guy, I'm actually glad the mass is in English now. Or I would be if I were still showing up.

what a bunch of hooey

12 years of Catholic School.

Vatican 2 and Novos Ordus are the least of the Church's problems.

Um, guy, I'm actually glad the mass is in English now. Or I would be if I were still showing up.

disingenuous

The Mass always had English right beside the Latin. I have a Missal from 1948 so you can't pull this one on me

disingenuous

The Mass always had English right beside the Latin. I have a Missal from 1948 so you can't pull this one on me

Why were they still using Latin at all in 1948?

Look, I'm a pretty seriously lapsed Catholic, because Catholicism is only the world's second stupidest religion by virtue of Mormonism being a thing.

But most of the Vatican II reforms were actually helpful, to changing the mass to local languages to getting rid of the notion the Jews killed Jesus, which led to all sorts of awful things.

Forum List

Back