Mauna Loa shows that reducing economic Activity has NO EFFECT on CO2

Do you have a flask and some piping? ... moist air is easy to get ... make a cloud yourself ... or, you know, boil water ...

Water vapor is invisible ... what we see with our eyes is liquid droplets ... steam, fog ... and clouds ...
And yet, never done

Read a study, any study, and get back to us.
When you don't provide links or references, it makes us think you don't have any.

From Wikipedia's article on Scientific Method

Although procedures vary from one field of inquiry to another, the underlying process is frequently the same from one field to another. The process in the scientific method involves making conjectures (hypothetical explanations), deriving predictions from the hypotheses as logical consequences, and then carrying out experiments or empirical observations based on those predictions.[a][4] A hypothesis is a conjecture, based on knowledge obtained while seeking answers to the question. The hypothesis might be very specific, or it might be broad. Scientists then test hypotheses by conducting experiments or studies. A scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, implying that it is possible to identify a possible outcome of an experiment or observation that conflicts with predictions deduced from the hypothesis; otherwise, the hypothesis cannot be meaningfully tested.[5]

5) Karl Popper 1959, p. 273.

So, Westie, should we take your word about this or the word of Karl Popper?

Last edited:
Per the NASA document to which I linked, 300-1,000 years. The entire text of that post was a quote from that link.

And where did you get your numbers?
In the hyperlinked text. They’re not “my numbers”

In the hyperlinked text. They’re not “my numbers”
Your first link took me to Stanford but the page said "Page Not Found". The second took me to the Guardian where your quote came from but you could have answered your own question if you'd simply read the paragraph.

"The lifetime in the air of CO2, the most significant man-made greenhouse gas, is probably the most difficult to determine, because there are several processes that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Between 65% and 80% of CO2 released into the air dissolves into the ocean over a period of 20–200 years. The rest is removed by slower processes that take up to several hundreds of thousands of years, including chemical weathering and rock formation. This means that once in the atmosphere, carbon dioxide can continue to affect climate for thousands of years."

Your first link took me to Stanford but the page said "Page Not Found". The second took me to the Guardian where your quote came from but you could have answered your own question if you'd simply read the paragraph.

"The lifetime in the air of CO2, the most significant man-made greenhouse gas, is probably the most difficult to determine, because there are several processes that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Between 65% and 80% of CO2 released into the air dissolves into the ocean over a period of 20–200 years. The rest is removed by slower processes that take up to several hundreds of thousands of years, including chemical weathering and rock formation. This means that once in the atmosphere, carbon dioxide can continue to affect climate for thousands of years."

Wait a second, the vast majority of CO2 dissipates "65% and 80% of CO2 released into the air dissolves into the ocean over a period of 20–200 years." So on average 72% dissaptes in 60 years!!!

Besides, we're still waiting for proof that CO2:
  • raises temperature by any measurable amount
  • drives the climate
  • or that mankind has any measurable impact at all on CO2

Forum List

Back