Mass Shooting in Orange, CA with 1 Child and 3 Adults Dead

• Non-Fatal gun crimes are down by about 2/3 since gun carry has been more common. Murders are down by about 1/3.

Link please.

The data only goes up to 2018.

Not seeing where the 2/3 and 1/3 declines are coming from. Please clarify.

• Non-Fatal gun crimes are down by about 2/3 since gun carry has been more common. Murders are down by about 1/3.

Link please.

The data only goes up to 2018.

Not seeing where the 2/3 and 1/3 declines are coming from. Please clarify.
From the first link, this takes you to the place in the page where it talks about non-fatal crime rates from 1993 to 2011. I can't help that the government didn't extend this to 2018 (considering the report is dated 2019), so I included other references to show that crime is also down from 2011 to present.

In 1993, there were 1.2 million non-fatal gun incidents. In 2011, there were .414 million. That's two-thirds fewer incidents in 2011.

And crime is, on average, relatively flat from 2011 to 2019. Of course we know all that went out the window when Democrats emptied prisons into the public to spread Covid and crime during 2020.

I did a quick search and I came across this. Take from it what you will.

1617351431406.png

In 1993, there were 1.2 million non-fatal gun incidents. In 2011, there were .414 million. That's two-thirds fewer incidents in 2011.

Just a little outdated. I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Thanks anyway.
Yeah, that's now historical data works, idiot. It's old. It's historical. But the fact is, non-fatal gun crime is down by 2/3 and murders by 1/3 since states started allowing people to exercise their God-given, constitutionally-protected, right to bear arms.

View attachment 475325

People should be banned for using Wikipedia as a statistical reference. It's one thing for opinions because even Wikipedia authors are entitled to theirs but facts have to come from a controlled source, not a source easily edited or modified by any idiot on the Internet.

Just a little outdated. I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Thanks anyway.
Yeah, that's now historical data works, idiot. It's old. It's historical. But the fact is, non-fatal gun crime is down by 2/3 and murders by 1/3 since states started allowing people to exercise their God-given, constitutionally-protected, right to bear arms.

A little defensive are we?

I just said that the data you’re using is over 10 years old. Not sure how relevant that is or isn’t to today’s numbers.

View attachment 475325

People should be banned for using Wikipedia as a statistical reference. It's one thing for opinions because even Wikipedia authors are entitled to theirs but facts have to come from a controlled source, not a source easily edited or modified by any idiot on the Internet.

Except it has references that you can follow. So there’s that.

Here you go.

Maybe it's all due to increased consumption of hydroponic lettuce? Yeah, suicide keeps going up.. Never see gun nuts bemoaning those statistics?
What?
Look, in this, your thread about a tragic mass shooting (which is a rather daily occurrence in this country now, btw, so while yeah, still technically "bleeds leads" "Breaking News", not really so surprising any more that we've grown desensitized to this sort of thing), but this guy's grabbed the opportunity to argue that increased concealed carry is responsible for lower crime rates of some sort or another. Well, nationally crime rates have generally been dropping for like ever now and literally millions of things could be seen as responsible looked at statistically over any short span of years.. He's ambulance chasing! You're correct. This thread is used up.

Maybe it's all due to increased consumption of hydroponic lettuce? Yeah, suicide keeps going up.. Never see gun nuts bemoaning those statistics?
What?
Look, in this, your thread about a tragic mass shooting (which is a rather daily occurrence in this country now, btw, so while yeah, still technically "bleeds leads" "Breaking News", not really so surprising any more that we've grown desensitized to this sort of thing), but this guy's grabbed the opportunity to argue that increased concealed carry is responsible for lower crime rates of some sort or another. Well, nationally crime rates have generally been dropping for like ever now and literally millions of things could be seen as responsible looked at statistically over any short span of years.. He's ambulance chasing! You're correct. This thread is used up.
Oh, I have that person on ignore.

A little more information on the shooter:

Gaxiola was charged in 2015 with cruelty to a child, assault with a deadly weapon, dissuading a witness from reporting a crime and battery, according to Anaheim city spokesperson Mike Lyster.
Gaxiola pleaded guilty to the battery charge and the remaining charges were dismissed, Lyster said. He was sentenced to one day in jail, and the court issued a protective order requiring peaceful contact between Gaxiola and others involved in the case.

Boy, they went easy on him for that one, didn't they? Assault with a deadly weapon? Threatening a witness? 24 hours in jail and a Be Nice Order? Actually, I've never heard of a Protective Order like that. Usually it's a no contact order. Makes me wonder how many other meltdowns he's had that weren't reported because the victims were afraid of him.
Update: I see in another report that he did get two years probation. That's something, I guess.

Last edited:
A little defensive are we?

I just said that the data you’re using is over 10 years old. Not sure how relevant that is or isn’t to today’s numbers.
I gave you the proof that non-fatal gun crime is down 2/3 over the last 28 years. Yes, the data is over 10 years old. It's 28 years old. Of course it's old. When you blow off history as "a little dated", you're an idiot. When you ask for the proof and I have to not just give you links but read them to you and then you blow it off, that's disrespectful of my time and intellectually dishonest. You've forever proven your intellectual dishonesty in this discussion or any discussion.

National crime rates have been falling because of increased gun carry.. prove otherwise. If not increased presence of guns then why is crime down?

Hey! I know! We should all buy more guns!

Not everyone. Just those who wish to defend themselves.
Strange that not a single mass shooting incident has been stopped by an armed civilian. Not at the grocery store, the massage parlor, the nightclubs, the movies, the concerts, WalMart, walking down the street of their village, picking up their luggage...nowhere. Not One person armed to defend themself prevented themselves or others from being murdered during one of these murder fests.

Your argument doesn't work with mass shootings, and those are the ones we most fear because they are just people minding their business, doing nothing risky or unusual, being murdered by a stranger for no reason and without warning. Forget the kids in school who have been sitting ducks at Columbine, at Sandy Hook, and at Parkland.

At some point, these type of shootings will be the ones that trigger actual control of guns. Not because they are statistically the most deadly, but because they are the most terrifying to all of us.
Fake news. Shirley you aren't this blind.

View attachment 475325

Except it has references that you can follow. So there’s that.

Here you go.

Take suicides out. People who intend to kill themselves simply choose the easiest from available options. If it weren't for the availability of guns, they'd take pills, or, possibly far worse because it still happens - suicide by cop, or suicide by turning into oncoming traffic.

Take gang and drug related shootings out. Those shootings are by criminals who, regardless of how many more gun laws are passed, don't follow the law so they'll still have guns and still kill each other.

What the CDC report ignores is that most homicides are gang related and no amount of new laws will end it - there are other ways, though, to stop it.

Evidently, this case was not gang related.. so.. at the very least, the 9-year-old-boy should have been concealed carrying.. What a tragedy for the gun industry!

Forum List

Back