Mass Shooting in Boise....Madness.

From the piece....

The Editorial Board
Mon, October 25, 2021, 6:51 PM

Idaho has had two mass shootings in five months. The latest happened here, and it has taken two lives from us.

America has faced a rising tide of gun violence and mass shootings. Even the COVID-19 pandemic, which brought life to a halt, did not stop the rise.

Until last year, Idaho was one of the few states in the nation that had not had a modern mass shooting, at least according to most sources. So it was easy to think that it couldn’t happen here, that we were somehow immune from what was happening so often all around us.
We were never immune. We were only lucky.

This year, that luck did not hold.

Three were injured at the mass shooting at Rigby Middle School in May. Another student at the same middle school was arrested with a gun in September. Now, according to current reports, four people, including a police officer, have been wounded in the mass shooting at the Boise Towne Square Mall. Two others died.
Whether or not these incidents met the technical definition of a mass shooting, they certainly felt like mass shootings. Do we need to wait for an incident that does meet the definition before we act?

The victims today are not only those who were murdered and wounded.
There are dozens of people who huddled, terrified, in stores, hoping the shooter wouldn’t find them.
And all of their friends and relatives, wondering whether the text messages they were receiving now would be the last they would hear from their loved ones.

We always thought we were safe in Idaho, that something like that couldn’t happen here. Monday’s shooting at Boise Towne Square shattered our illusions of safety, that we were somehow immune to problems that happen only in “those other places.” But really, it was only a matter of time. With gun violence and mass shootings in our country at crisis levels, it was bound to happen here at some point. This was just our turn.
Tonight is for mourning.

Tomorrow, we need to figure out what to do about this. We cannot allow this to keep happening.

Statesman editorials are the unsigned opinion expressing the consensus of the Idaho Statesman’s editorial board. Board members are opinion editor Scott McIntosh, opinion writer Bryan Clark, editor Chadd Cripe, newsroom editors Dana Oland and Jim Keyser and community members J.J. Saldaña and Christy Perry.
Bizarre that they didn't release the girls or families name in the school shooting and they haven't released the name in this shooting either. Maybe its the people, not the guns.

It has nothing to do with movies. It’s rampant liberalism. Destroying the family unit causes kids to grow up defective, and mentally unstable, and leads to crime and violence. Just look at the black community, highest single motherhood rates and highest crime rates. And that all only started after blacks embraced Democrats in the 1920’s.
You've taken the first step in acknowledging the problem of America's excessive crime and violence.

Poverty forced on black families has caused America's race problem and then racism is born out of that.

There's no real attempts being made to change the situation, other than more police violence against blacks that doesn't work. It just gets worse as it also energizes white supremisists and then the Klan.

Even though Americans don't want to face the facts, it's still worth stating at least once a week or so.

Some perspective. I can appreciate the need to want to protect lives and stop unnecessary deaths.
However, I do wish that some could see the social hypocrisy that politicians and our MSM and other political pundits created.

According to the CDC - In 2019, 39,566 deaths were related to guns (and doesn't matter how you define the death)

Those almost 40,000 deaths are a tragic loss no matter the reality (unless you're a scumbag criminal and looking to harm or have harmed someone else).

In relation to those deaths, according to the CDC:
95,000 Alcohol related deaths each. And per the CDC, preventable.

According to the CDC 96,779 deaths this year due to drug overdose.

According to the CDC Tobacco related deaths are 480,000 and of that 41,000 related to second hand smoke.

So, that's about 672,000 preventable deaths compared to 40,000 due to this pandemic called guns.

So tell me why there isn't this social outrage over the 672K deaths that could be stopped if we once again outlawed alcohol, shut down the tobacco farms and put a stop to drugs once and for all? Why don't we care enough about those deaths? Oh that's right, because it hasn't been made political... YET.

How many of you would give up your weed, your booze, and or smokes so we can save 600K lives a year? And don't tell me you're responsible with your usage so you don't need to have your vice take from you either.

I would also wager that the percentage of responsible gun owners verses the percentage of responsible "drinkers" is much higher. So again, tell me why guns are so bad?

So again, tell me why guns are so bad?
When guns go bad it's inevitably attributable to the manner in which their owners have handled and touched them. If they applied the same decency to their guns as they do for their children, there would be much less gun trouble, or troubled guns.

candycorn
Too close to home. Crap like this never happened during my 18 years in B-Town.
My daughter was at Macy’s the day prior. Thank God.

It has nothing to do with movies. It’s rampant liberalism. Destroying the family unit causes kids to grow up defective, and mentally unstable, and leads to crime and violence. Just look at the black community, highest single motherhood rates and highest crime rates. And that all only started after blacks embraced Democrats in the 1920’s.
Dude, it’s stupid to blame every problem in the world on “rampant liberalism”.
Say something smarter or nobody is gonna take you seriously.

Send thoughts, prayers, hugs, and kisses.

The NRA Song
Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!
Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!
Guns are fun for everyone,
buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you,
Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work,
Guns at play, Guns berserk!
Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!
I’ve got Guns up my nose
‘tween my ears and by my toes.
I’m no fool, I’m so cool,
I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns to my car,
to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer,
in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall,
behind the toilet and in the hall.
I got guns in my bed,
one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast,
Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!​
I didn't know Moonie had a gun!!!! MODS!!!! :auiqs.jpg: Oh yeah, that's NOT a NRA tune you flaming idiot.

Do conservative even care about the warmth of a body....it's all about thoughts and prayers for the gun.

Please tell me that some conservative is currently caring for it.
I do not consider myself a "conservative" and no, I don't give a fuck. People who refuse to take responsibility for their own security can expect this result.

When guns go bad it's inevitably attributable to the manner in which their owners have handled and touched them. If they applied the same decency to their guns as they do for their children, there would be much less gun trouble, or troubled guns.
So what about the other 90% of my post. You can apply the same as well. We see the same "vices" get applied to children of parents who abuse all sorts of substances. Like I said, the % of responsible gun owners vs responsible "users" of other substances I can only imagine is substantially greater than.

Tell me why all other gun deaths, despite numerically less than all preventable deaths that I poised, is more important to stop?

So what about the other 90% of my post. You can apply the same as well. We see the same "vices" get applied to children of parents who abuse all sorts of substances. Like I said, the % of responsible gun owners vs responsible "users" of other substances I can only imagine is substantially greater than.

Tell me why all other gun deaths, despite numerically less than all preventable deaths that I poised, is more important to stop?
Two or even three wrongs don't make one right. It's never appropriate to touch guns in places that make the gun feel uncomfortable.

Don't know, don't care.

If you're going to blame the movies...fine. But please tell us why the US is the only nation on earth that has these routine mass shootings?
Well, violence is American culture, started from Independence and emphasis put on guns are in the constitution. So it's just simply tricked down over the generations. And the pro gun owners are proud to teach their kids how to shoot guns, obviously using the old chestnut that they do it to teach safety.

Then when someone has a bad day, it's easy to grab a gun and lose the plot. In the UK, it's grab a knife and lose the plot, but it's a tad different using a gun than a knife. Either way, you would have to be a nut job to use a gun or knife on someone.

I just want to know whether the shooter was a Muslim terrorist, or a black, or some white guy angry that he got fired. Those are the commonest three types, right?

Forum List

Back