Masculine, Feminine or Human?

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
"What Does It Mean to be a Man?" By Robert Jensen

"...The list of understandings of masculinity that men routinely impose on each other is quite different. Here, being a man means not being a woman or gay, seeing relationships as fundamentally a contest for control, and viewing sex as the acquisition of pleasure from a woman. Of course that’s not all men are, but it sums up the dominant, and very toxic, conception of masculinity with which most men are raised in the contemporary United States. It’s not an assertion about all men or all possible ideas about masculinity, but a description of a pattern."

"Because the questions flow from their own observations and were not imposed by me, the discomfort is intensified. It’s difficult to shrug this off as just one more irrelevant exercise in abstract theory by a pontificating professor. Whatever the conclusion the students reach, the question is on the table in a way that’s difficult to dismiss."

Robert Jensen: Masculine, Feminine or Human?

More excuses for men to act like pussies.:rolleyes:

The irony of that astounds.

"And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and
he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,
sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy.""

LYRICS - Alice's Restaurant

There are generally speaking differences in the genders.

Pretending that this differences are simply the result of cultural prejudices is patent nonsense.

All one really do to see evidence of that difference is to look at the handwriting of boys V girls or the behaviors of male v female infants.

Our brains are wired differently, we have different hormone balances, too.

Now that doesn't mean that there isn't a wide variance and overlap within individuals of both genders, but the stereotypes which we all understand exist because there ARE significant differences between genders.

These statistical differences are not theories, neither are they cultural prejudices.

These differences manifest in every culture, although they are played out differently within different cultures, their root cause IS because of those obvious differences.

Last edited:
Bah. Only pussies need an excuse to act like pussies. Real men can act like pussies without any cultural analysis at all.

Real men don't need to act like pussies. That they do is an artificial social construct forced on men in the 70s.

I admit to being a complete and utter failure in this regard. Apparently, I have no feminine side to get in touch with. While some people have never learned to live with it, I have.:D

Real men don't need to act like pussies. That they do is an artificial social construct forced on men in the 70s.

I admit to being a complete and utter failure in this regard. Apparently, I have no feminine side to get in touch with. While some people have never learned to live with it, I have.:D

Ain't that the friggen truth.

:cheeky-smiley-018:

mr_garrison_not_gay.jpg

gay.jpg

gay.jpg

5 Words: Gross, but funny as hell.

So now, real men are supposed to embrace their inner gayness? LOL. It takes a man to wear a pink or purple shirt....just not this man.:meow:

mr_garrison_not_gay.jpg

gay.jpg

gay.jpg

5 Words: Gross, but funny as hell.

So now, real men are supposed to embrace their inner gayness? LOL. It takes a man to wear a pink or purple shirt....just not this man.:meow:

:eusa_eh:

What's a pink shirt got to do with anything? I wear 'em and don't give a damn.

But I DON'T know where to find those pics you posted ... but it seems obviously YOU do.:badgrin:

:eusa_eh:

What's a pink shirt got to do with anything? I wear 'em and don't give a damn.

But I DON'T know where to find those pics you posted ... but it seems obviously YOU do.:badgrin:

LOL...but that's because you're how old Gunny? At that age it really doesn't matter now does it?? LOL (J/K)

I just googled "GAY" and that's what came up under images...among other, more uncomfortable images:eusa_eh:

LOL...but that's because you're how old Gunny? At that age it really doesn't matter now does it?? LOL (J/K)

I just googled "GAY" and that's what came up under images...among other, more uncomfortable images:eusa_eh:

Not me ... I'm in my prime.:cool:

It doesn't matter because I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Guys who tease guys for wearing pink shirts are insecure about what they're packing between their legs.

Not me ... I'm in my prime.:cool:

It doesn't matter because I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Guys who tease guys for wearing pink shirts are insecure about what they're packing between their legs.

LOL...I used to think that also...but pink and purple just aren't flattering colors for me. They don't match my shoes or my hat. :D I actually bought a pink button-up shirt one time...it just wasn't for me. I didn't have a problem with the color being "gay" , but it just didn't look good on me. (of course, not many things do. )
300px-8_ugly_people.jpg

"What you see at fight club is a generation of men raised by women."

Forum List

Back