Martin Luther King Day

gulfman

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2017
I'm all for the holiday and everything but couldn't have King been born or shot in June or July?I'd rather have a day off then instead of freezing my nuts off in January.

MLK was ok and I don't condone murder, but I do like guns. :biggrin:

rays_gun.JPG

I'm all for the holiday and everything but couldn't have King been born or shot in June or July?I'd rather have a day off then instead of freezing my nuts off in January.
Born ...

James Earl Ray shot King in April not January.

Jeeze.

martinlutherkingjr.jpg

"King was born on January 15, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia, to the Reverend Martin Luther King, Sr. (1899–1984) and Alberta Williams King (1904–1974).[1] King's legal name at birth was Michael King,[2] and his father was also born Michael King, but the elder King changed his and his son's names following a 1934 trip to Germany to attend the Fifth Baptist World Alliance Congress in Berlin. It was during this time he chose to be called Martin Luther King in honor of the German reformer Martin Luther.[3][unreliable source?][4] King's parents were both African-American, and he also had Irish ancestry through his paternal great-grandfather.[5][6][7]"
Martin Luther King Jr. - Wikipedia

His birthday was the same date as the first NFL/AFL championship game (super bowl). Had the NFL not milked dupes into allowing the extending of their season into the climax of basketball season, they could have coordinated MLK day with the Monday after the super bowl.

Forum List

Back