Mark Cuban proposes a 'use it or lose it' debit card relief program.

Jerked off is soo descriptive of the actions of a legislative body...I was a small business owner/operator and I never ever got any stimulus funds from the govt. and still survived.

Because Nancy and her inept colleagues in the House jerked off too long, small business owners and their millions of layed off employees, among others have been devastated by this shutdown. This could be a way to help revive the economy before it gets a lot worse.

masks work.

Good. Let's open some mask factories.

The House passed another stimulus package. It has sat in the Republican controlled Senate for about 2 weeks now. No hearings are scheduled. No relief package is coming from the GOP controlled Senate either.

The House passed another stimulus package. It has sat in the Republican controlled Senate for about 2 weeks now. No hearings are scheduled. No relief package is coming from the GOP controlled Senate either.
The only thing Bitch McConnell wants to do is not allow workers to sue an employer for unsafe conditions and deaths.

They have complained on what it contains. Pelosi has already said, "Give us a Counter" and still nothing. It's another case of "No Prisoners" from Moscow Mitch.

the house bill is insane. giving breeders $6K while only giving people who have jobs $1200

the house bill is insane. giving breeders $6K while only giving people who have jobs $1200

I'm guessing you're not a "breeder"? Thank heavens.

Well, again, this is what the Congress is supposed to do. The house comes up with a bill, the Senate considers it, marks it up, and then passes it's own version. Then House-Senate Conferees hammer out difference and then present a bill to the President for their signature or veto.

The Senate is missing in action.

This House bill was not bipartisan as the previous bills were it was a partisan sham put togother by Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat House leadership filled with poison pills that she knew would never pass the in the Senate. Fourteen to sixteen House Democrats I believe would not even vote in favor of this thing it was an election year political stunt nothing more.

Because Nancy and her inept colleagues in the House jerked off too long, small business owners and their millions of layed off employees, among others have been devastated by this shutdown. This could be a way to help revive the economy before it gets a lot worse.

Just asking...but is Mr. Very Rich Cuban going to fund it? This money has to come from somewhere, ya know. And I'm betting social security will be robbed eventually to pay it all back into the system. Ol d folks will be dying off anyway..why not take their money too.

Well, again, this is what the Congress is supposed to do. The house comes up with a bill, the Senate considers it, marks it up, and then passes it's own version. Then House-Senate Conferees hammer out difference and then present a bill to the President for their signature or veto.

No the Senate is in no way obligated to take up a House bill at all let alone present an alternative bill in the same way the Reid Senate didn't take up or put forth alternatives to the multiple obamacare repeal bills.

Yeah, Fancy decided this was the time for another coup...this one in November with fake ballots beating Trump and a bailout of Rat governors who blew their tax money on wetbacks. She thought Americans would jump at the chance for free money but found out we're not as dumb as she's always believed.

masks work.

Apparently

image.gif

No the Senate is in no way obligated to take up a House bill at all let alone present an alternative bill in the same way the Reid Senate didn't take up or put forth alternatives to the multiple obamacare repeal bills.

Absolutely true. Reid pocket-vetoed multiple bills. However, during a worldwide pandemic where 100,000 people died and we're at what 25% unemployment, one would surmise correctly that further stimulus is needed. The Senate, in my view, should be taking some action on the stimulus.

The earlier comment by someone--not sure whom--that the House was holding up stimulus spending is false.

Cuban is a nutcase...the NBA almost banned him from his own team's games for trashing refs. He claims Trump ain't a billionaire. He has his eye on the WH once Biden finally wanders out into traffic. However, I do like his plan....$500 a week for 3 months I think it is and if you don't spend it, you get cut off and have to refund it. People would be roaming around stores looking to beat the deadline. The tricksters will buy jewelry, used cars, bikes, things easy to sell for a discount on Craigslist; ie multiple sales, money churning through the economy. I woke up one morning and I had Sam's $1200.....I had no say in it. So I thought okay, I'll go spend it on a couple firearms and a new acoustic Fender guitar and it was gone. If they do it again, and I believe there's another $1200 coming in late June, I'll do it again. The interest rate is 0% and the money comes back in taxes...win/win.

Forum List

Back