Mark Cuban opens online pharmacy with cheap drugs

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Mark Cuban’s online pharmacy promising affordable prices on prescription medications is up and running.

The Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug Company cuts out middlemen and negotiates directly with drug manufacturers and pharmacies for rebates and discounts on behalf of employers, health insurers and government health programs.

It says it’s offering the lowest direct-to-consumer prices on more than 100 medications, including those commonly prescribed for high cholesterol and blood pressure.

Cholesterol medication Atorvastatin typically costs over $55, according to the Cuban-backed company’s website. Cost Plus charges $3.60. High blood pressure prescription Amlodipine usually runs around $50. Cost Plus lists it at $3.30.

Billionaire does some good with his money.

Capitalism at work?

Mark Cuban’s online pharmacy promising affordable prices on prescription medications is up and running.

The Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug Company cuts out middlemen and negotiates directly with drug manufacturers and pharmacies for rebates and discounts on behalf of employers, health insurers and government health programs.

It says it’s offering the lowest direct-to-consumer prices on more than 100 medications, including those commonly prescribed for high cholesterol and blood pressure.

Cholesterol medication Atorvastatin typically costs over $55, according to the Cuban-backed company’s website. Cost Plus charges $3.60. High blood pressure prescription Amlodipine usually runs around $50. Cost Plus lists it at $3.30.

Capitalism at work?
Yes!! Capitalism at work!
But how can it be that it's taken so long for somebody to do it? This leads me to think that he'll be shut down very soon for chopping big pharma off at the knees. The whole country could abandon big pharmas ship of ripoffs.
And Cuban should have lots of competition very quickly if this story is on the level.

But how can it be that it's taken so long for somebody to do it? This leads me to think that he'll be shut down very soon for chopping big pharma off at the knees. The whole country could abandon big pharmas ship of ripoffs.
And Cuban should have lots of competition very quickly if this story is on the level.
So my buddy Jamal is going to lose business? Not a fan.

When I play Sudoku on my phone I keep seeing an ad for a pill for people to loose weight effortlessly. Mark Cuban and the other Shark tank host are shown in the ad. I wonder if he really endorses the weight loss pill an if he will sell it through his online pharmancy.

How is selling cheap generics cheaply... "chopping big pharma off at the knees"?

How is selling cheap generics cheaply... "chopping big pharma off at the knees"?
Depends somewhat on what he sells Todd. If it's medicines that Americans could always get at Canadian prices, then it's a nothing burger being foisted on the people by a billionaire capitalist.

If it included medicines that Americans pay hundreds or thousands for, compared to Canadians getting them for 10, 20, or 30 bucks, then we have something to talk about here.

You will note that I was questioning the whole thing in my post #2. Now you really make me think that it's a nothing burger. We'll see.

One thing for sure though, Americans who are getting ripped off for hundred or thousands, won't be turning their noses up at Canadian pricing par.

Capitalism at work?
Does he sell Magic Mushrooms?

Depends somewhat on what he sells Todd. If it's medicines that Americans could always get at Canadian prices, then it's a nothing burger being foisted on the people by a billionaire capitalist.

If it included medicines that Americans pay hundreds or thousands for, compared to Canadians getting them for 10, 20, or 30 bucks, then we have something to talk about here.

You will note that I was questioning the whole thing in my post #2. Now you really make me think that it's a nothing burger. We'll see.

One thing for sure though, Americans who are getting ripped off for hundred or thousands, won't be turning their noses up at Canadian pricing par.

You see, the thing is, he's not manufacturing any drugs.
He's buying them from a pharma company. Why would pharma be mad at him
for buying their stuff?

Of course not, stealing drugs is always better than paying full price.

Capitalism at work?
There must be something important missing from the story Otis. Maybe that he can't get the high priced meds that people are being gouged for?

Entrepreneurs would have broken into the big pharma racket years ago if it was possible.

And then nobody is excited about it? What's this all about?

He's only buying generics. The new ones are the expensive ones.
In Canada we can buy most of what our doctors prescribe with generics. And the of course we can buy the new designer meds much cheaper too. That doesn't appear to be true in America.

But you may have mentioned the reason that this is a nothing burger that isn't changing anything?

It does seem to suggest that it's a breakthrough when a med is reduced to $3.60 from $55.

Otis is either slow on expanding on the topic or maybe doesn't have anything more?

I've heard that Biden has accomplished the break through on Insulin. Could this be an expansion of that by non-government?

Express Scripts has been doing this for the military for years/decades now.

Oh and never fucking believe lib communist crook Mark Cuban---he lies.

Express Scripts has been doing this for the military for years/decades now.

Oh and never fucking believe lib communist crook Mark Cuban---he lies.

And Cuban has expanded that to the civilian population? That doesn't seem to be a full explanation of what he's doing. If it is then it could be a bit more than a nothing burger.

But still not the complete freedom the American people need on meds.

In Canada we can buy most of what our doctors prescribe with generics. And the of course we can buy the new designer meds much cheaper too. That doesn't appear to be true in America.

But you may have mentioned the reason that this is a nothing burger that isn't changing anything?

It does seem to suggest that it's a breakthrough when a med is reduced to $3.60 from $55.

Otis is either slow on expanding on the topic or maybe doesn't have anything more?

I've heard that Biden has accomplished the break through on Insulin. Could this be an expansion of that by non-government?

In Canada we can buy most of what our doctors prescribe with generics.

Because your doctors can't prescribe a lot of the newer meds.

And the of course we can buy the new designer meds much cheaper too.

It is cheaper when you can steal your drugs.

That doesn't appear to be true in America.

Somebody has to pay for the research.

More of an exaggeration than a breakthrough.

I've heard that Biden has accomplished the break through on Insulin.

You mean Trump's executive order?

In Canada we can buy most of what our doctors prescribe with generics.

Because your doctors can't prescribe a lot of the newer meds.
Yes, they can and they do.

And our medical outcome is much better than America's.

Do you know what 'medical outcome' even means?

I won't answer to the rest of your post because it's just rudeness and spamming. Try again in a polite and rational way and I'll be happy to answer it all.

Yes, they can and they do.

Do you know what 'medical outcome' even means?

I won't answer to the rest of your post because it's just rudeness and spamming. Try again in a polite and rational way and I'll be happy to answer it all.

Why don't you post some proof of your better outcome?

I won't answer to the rest of your post because it's just rudeness and spamming.

Don't cry.

Why don't you post some proof of your better outcome?

I won't answer to the rest of your post because it's just rudeness and spamming.

Don't cry.
Gladly Todd!

I've waited patiently for you to say something of substance so that we can get together and dance. Now let's see if you're made of anything more than suggesting I'll be crying!

Gladly Todd!

I've waited patiently for you to say something of substance so that we can get together and dance. Now let's see if you're made of anything more than suggesting I'll be crying!

Per capita health spending in the U.S. exceeded $10,000, more than two times higher than in Australia, France, Canada, New Zealand, and the U.K.

Wow! Canada sounds awesome!!!

What is their secret to spending half what we do in the US?

Forum List

Back