Map of Religions in the US

What part of Exodus 20:3-5 is so difficult to understand?

I haven't read the Exodus 20:3-5. When I do I will get back to you. As I told you ....I have read about Christ's timeline.I DO NOT practice Christianity but I do believe in CHrist. I see no harm in going to a church to pray.If my own community dosen't mind the what the hell is the problem?

Why is it incompatible? I am surprised that you as an American citizen saying this. I thought the Americans were relly cool on religious freedom! I see nothing wrong in praying to my god and believing in Jesus??!! Infact , I have gone to Church sometimes with my Catholic friends and the bishop dosen't say anything..Infact he rather treats me like his son..In Mumbai which is my hometown we have a Ram temple and a Catholic Church just opposite to each other!! Anything wrong in christians coming to temples and Hindus going to Churches??
I don't see anything wrong in that..

aKSHAY

Jesus Himself said that all other belief systems are incompatible. He said, flatly, that He.......yes He, was the only way to Father...........The Father, meaning God. Somehow this statement of His in the bible is always avoided or skirted-around by those that see Him as a noble, good man.

Now either Jesus was a liar, a lunatic, or He was telling the the truth. What did he have to gain by enraging the whole of the Jewish nation with His allegedly outlandish remarks, like, "Before Abraham, I AM", meaning, I'm God incarnate, folks. Obviously the Jews understond what He meant, as they took up stones to kill Him, yet He walked out, away from their midsts, and was not stoned.

If all you O.T. bible officianados would do a little easy research, you'd find that Jesus's birth, life, type of death, ressurrection were all mentioned hundreds of years in advance by many of the O.T. prophets......... Now the only way to denounce this evidence is to say that the early books of the O.T. were obviously not written before Jesus's life.............but that's really doing a stretch in the conspiracy area.

Instead most say, He was a nice guy,.......maybe a prophet.......but I sure as "%$#@" won't accept that He was God's Son, or God Himself.

It's kinda like saying, "He was a liar, or deluded in some areas, but in others He was a good guy, and taught good lessons.".

Some counter this argument with even a more wild statement and say, "Jesus never existed" "He was just made up.".

It so happens that the definition of a Prophet is one that never, never, never, prophesizes one incorrect prophecy, yet mankind holds up literally hundreds, or thousands of people of the past and present as prophets, yet everyone of them have falsely prophesied on one or more occassion. Joseph Smith Jr. comes to minds as well as Mohammed.

Also take a look at all these Prophets lives from birth to death and see if their lives were totally unblemished with "sin", yes, "sin" that word that the world hates to utter, as it casts a revealing light on all mankind.......even those that call themselves Christians........myself being one.

Christs stature, purity, holiness, devotion, commitment, love, and historical life have been under attack for the last 2,000 years. He's been accused of being an adulterer, lunatic, deluded, liar, faker, .........you name it in order to bring Him down to the order of sinful man...........yet all these accusations have fallen to the wayside without valid historical support(The Da Vinci Code also coming from a very questionable source with a very real agenda too.). In fact the harbingers of these negative stories have been found to be agenda-filled in every instance.

Why is it that Paul said that the main attack upon Jesus's validity as God's Son, and God incarnate, would be to tear down Jesus's divinity.........in other words...... to bring Jesus down to a level of nothing but a man........and nothing more. In fact that's the very nature of the most recent critiques of Jesus's life, that have been attracting movie-goers for the last couple years. Jesus was a married man.........Jesus was just a nice guy.......who had delusions of grandeur........

No religion or belief system has turned the world upside down with this very piercing statement from it's founder. "Love your Neighbor as yourself" "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.". These two statements fullfill the O.T. Law to a Tee...........If anyone can meet the two above criteria that Jesus quoted, within their daily lives, on a regular basis, they have indeed met the letter of the law...........as the law......is now written in their hearts and it is no longer a burdensome "thing" to follow. The "law" never saved mankind, but actually was intended to show mankind how helpless he was in all reality. The Law was a tutor to lead man to the Messiah, or to put their hope/faith in the future Messiah, as their only hope.

God has been in the business of convincing man of his helplessness for eons. Man inherently has been taught from birth that it's strength that overcomes, yet it isn't man's strength but God's that overcomes the impossibilities of life. So much of man's striving to be good, perfect, judicious has driven man into the perverbial "nut house" of frustration.

Mankind emitts love in charitable acts, caring for children, etc........yet, the love that God says, meets the letter of the Law.........is a love not for oneself over others........but a love for all others first...........

No other belief system of the world......forces one to introspectively look at one's motives, one's self, or nature, as Christianity does. No other belief system, says, that "unselfish love must undergird every breathing act of it's adherents.". Yet unselfish, sacrificial love is totally foreign to mankinds nature...........That is mankinds nature with when he is totally in an unregenerate state of being......i.e. not Born From Above........as Jesus resolutely told Nicodemus the Pharisee.

No other belief system stresses that God must become strong while it's adherents must become weak, inorder for God to become integral in the adherents life. Paul said, "When I am weak, He is strong.". This coming from a man that once persecuted Christians, and saw human strength, as a God-send, to these allegedly weak Christ-ones that he mercilessly chased down and arrested.

As earlier mentioned, he/Paul even boldly said in one epistle to a church, "When I am weak, He/God is strong, therefore I will most gladly boast in my weaknesses." How profound a statement to mankind!!!!

What is mankinds mantra? Be strong, and, don't take any @##$% from anyone, but find a better "comeback". Always try to come-out on top in any struggle, debate, discussion...........win, win, win,..........In the end, what will it all prove or mean when we face our Maker?...........What will be the great dividing point in our lives?, ........It's what we did that glorified God and not our ourselves.

For those that truly believe what the bible says about the end times...........Yes.....there is even a time of judgement for Christians........yet it's not one to cast folks to Hell, but a time of evaluative judgement, where God will bring to review every aspect of even a believer's life. What was done in My Name, and what was done in your name. Some things will inevitable be wood, hay and stubble(useless and vain), while others will hopefully be of fine metals.........i.e. silver and gold........that of course is metaphorical, yet biblically recounted.

Again, the incompatibility of the other religions/belief systems of the world, is that they can't/don't/refuse to accept Christ for who He claims in biblical scripture to be. That namely is God incarnate, Saviour of mankind via his crucifixion, burial, and ressurrection at Golgotha.

Most religions of the world might in some way acknowledge that mankind is not perfect, but instead of accepting this whole-heartedly, will offer ways or means to off-set this human frailty, yet not a bad flaw......

Many belief systems accept the fact that God must be appeased in some way for mankinds wrongness......This may involve sacrifices of animals, of one's body via mutilation/pain, Wurling Durbishes(Sufi Islam), food offerings to temple idols, spinning prayer wheels, meditation, isolation(Monks/monasteries), etc... All these acts are a type of appeasing of a God that is perceived as needing satisfaction for humanity's collective imperfection.

The Bible flatly says that man can't appease God, as man's transgression that happened in the Garden of Eden, tainted or cursed all of humanity with a sinful(rebellious) nature. Though man may do charitble deeds, help others, his inherent nature is still not compatible with God's 100% holy nature.

Thus......Christ enters the scene, in His virgin birth that separates Him from the curse of sin, that came from Adam's loins to present in the human race.

God needed a perfect, judicious sacrifice for sinful mankind. Only one Man, could meet this criteria. Not Mohammed, not Bhudda, Not John the Baptist, Not Elijah, Not Joseph Smith Jr., but a perfect man. A man that could meet the unblemished lamb requirement of the O.T. that was the early Jew's fortaste of the Messiah's ultimate future purpose.

Was Jesus a lunatic, or was He truly Lord. Folks that give Him Kudo's as a great, cultured, man, or maybe even prophet status, must "deal" with all of His life, not just parts of it. When Jesus said that He was "God" and that all mankind can only see, and receive the Father through Him alone...............did He then become a lunatic?

One must really, soundly look at oneself, in the mirror, and be honest. No pretenses, no smoke and mirrors. Is Jesus who He said He is. Then what does that mean for you and me?

Jesus Himself said that all other belief systems are incompatible. He said, flatly, that He.......yes He, was the only way to Father...........The Father, meaning God. Somehow this statement of His in the bible is always avoided or skirted-around by those that see Him as a noble, good man.

Now either Jesus was a liar, a lunatic, or He was telling the the truth. What did he have to gain by enraging the whole of the Jewish nation with His allegedly outlandish remarks, like, "Before Abraham, I AM", meaning, I'm God incarnate, folks. Obviously the Jews understond what He meant, as they took up stones to kill Him, yet He walked out, away from their midsts, and was not stoned.

If all you O.T. bible officianados would do a little easy research, you'd find that Jesus's birth, life, type of death, ressurrection were all mentioned hundreds of years in advance by many of the O.T. prophets......... Now the only way to denounce this evidence is to say that the early books of the O.T. were obviously not written before Jesus's life.............but that's really doing a stretch in the conspiracy area.

Instead most say, He was a nice guy,.......maybe a prophet.......but I sure as "%$#@" won't accept that He was God's Son, or God Himself.

It's kinda like saying, "He was a liar, or deluded in some areas, but in others He was a good guy, and taught good lessons.".

Some counter this argument with even a more wild statement and say, "Jesus never existed" "He was just made up.".

It so happens that the definition of a Prophet is one that never, never, never, prophesizes one incorrect prophecy, yet mankind holds up literally hundreds, or thousands of people of the past and present as prophets, yet everyone of them have falsely prophesied on one or more occassion. Joseph Smith Jr. comes to minds as well as Mohammed.

Also take a look at all these Prophets lives from birth to death and see if their lives were totally unblemished with "sin", yes, "sin" that word that the world hates to utter, as it casts a revealing light on all mankind.......even those that call themselves Christians........myself being one.

Christs stature, purity, holiness, devotion, commitment, love, and historical life have been under attack for the last 2,000 years. He's been accused of being an adulterer, lunatic, deluded, liar, faker, .........you name it in order to bring Him down to the order of sinful man...........yet all these accusations have fallen to the wayside without valid historical support(The Da Vinci Code also coming from a very questionable source with a very real agenda too.). In fact the harbingers of these negative stories have been found to be agenda-filled in every instance.

Why is it that Paul said that the main attack upon Jesus's validity as God's Son, and God incarnate, would be to tear down Jesus's divinity.........in other words...... to bring Jesus down to a level of nothing but a man........and nothing more. In fact that's the very nature of the most recent critiques of Jesus's life, that have been attracting movie-goers for the last couple years. Jesus was a married man.........Jesus was just a nice guy.......who had delusions of grandeur........

No religion or belief system has turned the world upside down with this very piercing statement from it's founder. "Love your Neighbor as yourself" "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.". These two statements fullfill the O.T. Law to a Tee...........If anyone can meet the two above criteria that Jesus quoted, within their daily lives, on a regular basis, they have indeed met the letter of the law...........as the law......is now written in their hearts and it is no longer a burdensome "thing" to follow. The "law" never saved mankind, but actually was intended to show mankind how helpless he was in all reality. The Law was a tutor to lead man to the Messiah, or to put their hope/faith in the future Messiah, as their only hope.

God has been in the business of convincing man of his helplessness for eons. Man inherently has been taught from birth that it's strength that overcomes, yet it isn't man's strength but God's that overcomes the impossibilities of life. So much of man's striving to be good, perfect, judicious has driven man into the perverbial "nut house" of frustration.

Mankind emitts love in charitable acts, caring for children, etc........yet, the love that God says, meets the letter of the Law.........is a love not for oneself over others........but a love for all others first...........

No other belief system of the world......forces one to introspectively look at one's motives, one's self, or nature, as Christianity does. No other belief system, says, that "unselfish love must undergird every breathing act of it's adherents.". Yet unselfish, sacrificial love is totally foreign to mankinds nature...........That is mankinds nature with when he is totally in an unregenerate state of being......i.e. not Born From Above........as Jesus resolutely told Nicodemus the Pharisee.

No other belief system stresses that God must become strong while it's adherents must become weak, inorder for God to become integral in the adherents life. Paul said, "When I am weak, He is strong.". This coming from a man that once persecuted Christians, and saw human strength, as a God-send, to these allegedly weak Christ-ones that he mercilessly chased down and arrested.

As earlier mentioned, he/Paul even boldly said in one epistle to a church, "When I am weak, He/God is strong, therefore I will most gladly boast in my weaknesses." How profound a statement to mankind!!!!

What is mankinds mantra? Be strong, and, don't take any @##$% from anyone, but find a better "comeback". Always try to come-out on top in any struggle, debate, discussion...........win, win, win,..........In the end, what will it all prove or mean when we face our Maker?...........What will be the great dividing point in our lives?, ........It's what we did that glorified God and not our ourselves.

For those that truly believe what the bible says about the end times...........Yes.....there is even a time of judgement for Christians........yet it's not one to cast folks to Hell, but a time of evaluative judgement, where God will bring to review every aspect of even a believer's life. What was done in My Name, and what was done in your name. Some things will inevitable be wood, hay and stubble(useless and vain), while others will hopefully be of fine metals.........i.e. silver and gold........that of course is metaphorical, yet biblically recounted.

Again, the incompatibility of the other religions/belief systems of the world, is that they can't/don't/refuse to accept Christ for who He claims in biblical scripture to be. That namely is God incarnate, Saviour of mankind via his crucifixion, burial, and ressurrection at Golgotha.

Most religions of the world might in some way acknowledge that mankind is not perfect, but instead of accepting this whole-heartedly, will offer ways or means to off-set this human frailty, yet not a bad flaw......

Many belief systems accept the fact that God must be appeased in some way for mankinds wrongness......This may involve sacrifices of animals, of one's body via mutilation/pain, Wurling Durbishes(Sufi Islam), food offerings to temple idols, spinning prayer wheels, meditation, isolation(Monks/monasteries), etc... All these acts are a type of appeasing of a God that is perceived as needing satisfaction for humanity's collective imperfection.

The Bible flatly says that man can't appease God, as man's transgression that happened in the Garden of Eden, tainted or cursed all of humanity with a sinful(rebellious) nature. Though man may do charitble deeds, help others, his inherent nature is still not compatible with God's 100% holy nature.

Thus......Christ enters the scene, in His virgin birth that separates Him from the curse of sin, that came from Adam's loins to present in the human race.

God needed a perfect, judicious sacrifice for sinful mankind. Only one Man, could meet this criteria. Not Mohammed, not Bhudda, Not John the Baptist, Not Elijah, Not Joseph Smith Jr., but a perfect man. A man that could meet the unblemished lamb requirement of the O.T. that was the early Jew's fortaste of the Messiah's ultimate future purpose.

Was Jesus a lunatic, or was He truly Lord. Folks that give Him Kudo's as a great, cultured, man, or maybe even prophet status, must "deal" with all of His life, not just parts of it. When Jesus said that He was "God" and that all mankind can only see, and receive the Father through Him alone...............did He then become a lunatic?

One must really, soundly look at oneself, in the mirror, and be honest. No pretenses, no smoke and mirrors. Is Jesus who He said He is. Then what does that mean for you and me?

The only thing I have against this is the fact that Buddha was around around 500 years B.C. and those laws you list, "Love your neighbor as yourself" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" are both in the Dhammapada.

As well, buddhism builds on the introspection and the "unselfish love" requirement. It is innherent in Buddhism... for more than just humanity for all of life itself. All life is connected, we are responsible to all of it, not just to our "neighbor".

Buddhism understands the imperfections of mankind, you seek not to become perfect... but to attain understanding to find that connection within yourself... so hard to describe. It isn't perfection, it is becoming fully you.

The idea of appeasing gods or God is not within Theravada or Mahayana Buddhism at all nor is the essence or expectation of perfection.

It is important that you understand I am not saying you are in any way wrong about your religion, just that you are wrong about mine.

That would be us! We're restoration movement Christians. All it generally means is that we want to get rid of a lot of the church traditions and practice just the basics---what is outlined in the Bible. All the church structure & practices are based on what is in the Bible. All the beliefs are simply what is in the Bible. Trying to "restore" our practice of Christianity to what it was in the first century after Jesus. :)

Im very much aware of what restoration movement Christians are:) I didnt know you were one though.

Since when are we not allowed to point out that someone's beliefs are absurd? No one is saying they aren't allowed to believe in something.

I believe liberalism is abusrd.
I believe Islam is absurd.

And I have to agree that believing in Christ and Hindu gods is absurd.

I believe that everyone, including myself is absurd. One of these days it would be nice if we started seeking the Lord for ourselves instead of relying on the words and experiences of others. Their witnesses can help, but until we commune with the Lord ourselves, we are living far below what we are capable.

Why is it incompatible? I am surprised that you as an American citizen saying this. I thought the Americans were relly cool on religious freedom! I see nothing wrong in praying to my god and believing in Jesus??!! Infact , I have gone to Church sometimes with my Catholic friends and the bishop dosen't say anything..Infact he rather treats me like his son..In Mumbai which is my hometown we have a Ram temple and a Catholic Church just opposite to each other!! Anything wrong in christians coming to temples and Hindus going to Churches??
I don't see anything wrong in that..

aKSHAY

What does religious freedom have to do with the incompatibility of two faiths? Simply because two faiths cant both be correct, doesn't make anyone any less free to practice it. Nor does it prevent members of both faiths respecting each other and learning about the other. it just means they both cant be correct.

The only thing I have against this is the fact that Buddha was around around 500 years B.C. and those laws you list, "Love your neighbor as yourself" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" are both in the Dhammapada.

As well, buddhism builds on the introspection and the "unselfish love" requirement. It is innherent in Buddhism... for more than just humanity for all of life itself. All life is connected, we are responsible to all of it, not just to our "neighbor".

Buddhism understands the imperfections of mankind, you seek not to become perfect... but to attain understanding to find that connection within yourself... so hard to describe. It isn't perfection, it is becoming fully you.

The idea of appeasing gods or God is not within Theravada or Mahayana Buddhism at all nor is the essence or expectation of perfection.

It is important that you understand I am not saying you are in any way wrong about your religion, just that you are wrong about mine.

Those laws were around thousands of years prior to that as well since Christ was quoting the Old Testament.

Those laws were around thousands of years prior to that as well since Christ was quoting the Old Testament.

I'm pretty sure you can find them in the Hindu religion as well...

I was being very clear that those rules are not found only in that particular religion and using my own as an example.

How can it be? Aren't Indians the second largest migrants after the Spanish?
And the Indians residing in States are mostly Hindu I guess
I will check the stats and post back

Akshay

My girlfriend is Indian and practices hindu...there is a rather large Indian population in New Jersey.

That would be us! We're restoration movement Christians. All it generally means is that we want to get rid of a lot of the church traditions and practice just the basics---what is outlined in the Bible. All the church structure & practices are based on what is in the Bible. All the beliefs are simply what is in the Bible. Trying to "restore" our practice of Christianity to what it was in the first century after Jesus. :)

I knew I liked you for a reason! I grew up in the Church of Christ!

No I don't dig it, as I believe a large percentage of Americans agree with me. So unless you can come up with evidence otherwise.....

In the meantime, we Americans on the Big Red Island are preparing to defend our new borders after y'all huddled near the shores get nuked, irradiated, jihaded, and converted, Allah be willing.

you are so obssesed

i told her
ur heart is full with hate,fear and u so scared :ssex:

you are so obssesed

I am obsessed with the truth. You, however, appear to be obsessed with me:

1. Knowing that you would be summarily banned due to your past problems on this board, you signed on with a new name, searched for a post of mine and used your single available post to comment.

2. About 2 weeks back, in a PM you had asked for my email address so you could “send me some information about Islam” or some other lame reason.

It is a good thing that my identity is protected in the forum. In case that fails it is a good thing that I exercise my 2nd Amendment right. I wouldn’t hesitate to “reach out and touch you” if I felt threatened in any way.

Note to all you Liberal posters. This is a perfect example of how the 2nd Amendment protects the 1st Amendment.

Forum List

Back