Map of Religions in the US

.....Glockmail..Do YOU feel Hindusim is a pagan religion?....

At its most basic, the term Paganism, is an umbrella term covering all religions that are not related to the Judeo-Christian family of religions. This would include all “Primitive” animist and polytheistic religions that are common among native groups as well as Hinduism, Buddhism and, of course the Classical religions of ancient Greece and Rome.
http://www.sacredhearth.com/Whatispagan.html

My statement was true to my beliefs, and meant to provoke.

So Clay Taurus and Glockmail..Do YOU feel Hindusim is a pagan religion?

As for Hindus converting to Christianity..I haven't heard that much..More likely Hindus marruing Christians I guess.

I am still pissed Westerners consider Hinduisim as a pagan ritual...C'mon we ain't Africans!!

Akshay
Don't get too upset. Glockmail represents a style of Christian who needs to belittle others in order to maintain confidence in their own beliefs.

So Clay Taurus and Glockmail..Do YOU feel Hindusim is a pagan religion?

As for Hindus converting to Christianity..I haven't heard that much..More likely Hindus marruing Christians I guess.

I am still pissed Westerners consider Hinduisim as a pagan ritual...C'mon we ain't Africans!!

Akshay

Why would you be "pissed"? They think we Buddhists are Pagans too...

http://www.sacredhearth.com/Whatispagan.html

My statement was true to my beliefs, and meant to provoke.

I suggest you take a chill pill Glockmail. Hinduisim is one of the oldest religions on this planet and not at all violent. If I had a communal charachter like you I could go on about the atrocities commited by the Church but I won't because I go to church sometimes to worship. I have read some parts of the Bible and believe in it. I also believe in Christ as I believe in my Hindu gods!!

Akshay

I suggest you take a chill pill Glockmail. Hinduisim is one of the oldest religions on this planet and not at all violent. If I had a communal charachter like you I could go on about the atrocities commited by the Church but I won't because I go to church sometimes to worship. I have read some parts of the Bible and believe in it. I also believe in Christ as I believe in my Hindu gods!!

Akshay

1. I didn't make any comments equating paganism with violence. In fact, the violent religion, Islam, is monotheistic.
2. Belief in both Christ and Hindu gods is completely incompatible.

1. I didn't make any comments equating paganism with violence. In fact, the violent religion, Islam, is monotheistic.
Belief in existence and belief in the story surrounding existence are not the same thing.

Why not let akiboy respond instead of continuing to follow me around like a hurt puppy?
I'm not sure where you get off lecturing me about responding out of turn, considering you do it often on this board.

But it does serve to avoid addressing the very valid point I raised.

If I believed that you had any semblance of rational discourse than I would have responded. But as I told you previously, you are on my observe but ignore list. You and you alone.
And yet you continue to respond. It's ok though, I know you "ignoring" me really isn't about the rationality of my discourse.

Regardless, none of that dissuades from the fact that belief in something is not the same as belief in the story surrounding something. It's absurd for you to tell someone what they do and don't believe in.

Since when are we not allowed to point out that someone's beliefs are absurd? No one is saying they aren't allowed to believe in something.

I believe liberalism is abusrd.
I believe Islam is absurd.

And I have to agree that believing in Christ and Hindu gods is absurd.

Since when are we not allowed to point out that someone's beliefs are absurd? No one is saying they aren't allowed to believe in something.

Glock said it's impossible to believe in both. While I assume she also believes it to be absurd, that was not what she posted.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to ignore The Clitoris.:smoke:

Why is it incompatible? I am surprised that you as an American citizen saying this. I thought the Americans were relly cool on religious freedom! I see nothing wrong in praying to my god and believing in Jesus??!! Infact , I have gone to Church sometimes with my Catholic friends and the bishop dosen't say anything..Infact he rather treats me like his son..In Mumbai which is my hometown we have a Ram temple and a Catholic Church just opposite to each other!! Anything wrong in christians coming to temples and Hindus going to Churches??
I don't see anything wrong in that..

aKSHAY

Why is it incompatible? I am surprised that you as an American citizen saying this. I thought the Americans were relly cool on religious freedom! I see nothing wrong in praying to my god and believing in Jesus??!! Infact , I have gone to Church sometimes with my Catholic friends and the bishop dosen't say anything..Infact he rather treats me like his son..In Mumbai which is my hometown we have a Ram temple and a Catholic Church just opposite to each other!! Anything wrong in christians coming to temples and Hindus going to Churches??
I don't see anything wrong in that..

aKSHAY

You appear to be backing off your earlier statement, as well as building a staw man to substitute for my legitimate, obvious argument. Why play that game?

Either you believe in Jesus as the Christ, son of God, begotten not made, or you believe in something else. What part of Exodus 20:3-5 is so difficult to understand?

And don't give me that 'not cool on religious freedom' crap. Americans are tolerant, not stupid.

You appear to be backing off your earlier statement, as well as building a staw man to substitute for my legitimate, obvious argument. Why play that game?

Either you believe in Jesus as the Christ, son of God, begotten not made, or you believe in something else. What part of Exodus 20:3-5 is so difficult to understand?

And don't give me that 'not cool on religious freedom' crap. Americans are tolerant, not stupid.

Let me ask you a question:- Are you a fanatic? Then there is no point in replying to your posts. If you are not a fanatic ..then let me tell you that I accepted your point on paganism. let me also tell you ..there are many people in this world who worship their own religion and believe in another religion. Unfortunately (for you) I belong in that category. And why are you trying to single out Christianity by saying "Either you believe in Jesus as the Christ, son of God, begotten not made, or you believe in something else. I never said Americans are stupid..It was you who jumped to conclusions. And there are people in U.S who do believe in other religions other then their own. Have you never heard of religious tolerance ? You may pray to only Jesus and read only the Bible..But I pray to Ram , read the Vedas and listen to the Bishop's sermon whenever I get to go to Church.

aKSHAY

Forum List

Back