Many slaves sold into bondage before winding up in the US were sold by other blacks.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So I'm guessing black history month is going to have to be removed? How bout MLK memorials? Rosa Parks?

I mean there is nothing but pain when the past is considered right? If we're going to condemn all things deemed hateful who will be the arbiter of what is or isn't hurtful? Where does the line get drawn?

Sex slaves are prominent in Mexico & Asian cultures. Do we now ban their culture or any signs that remind us of that terrible aspect of their criminal underground.

Does Mount Rushmore get sand blasted?

Where does it stop?

So I'm guessing black history month is going to have to be removed? How bout MLK memorials? Rosa Parks?

I mean there is nothing but pain when the past is considered right? If we're going to condemn all things deemed hateful who will be the arbiter of what is or isn't hurtful? Where does the line get drawn?

Sex slaves are prominent in Mexico & Asian cultures. Do we now ban their culture or any signs that remind us of that terrible aspect of their criminal underground.

Where does it stop?

Nobody is trying to make the history of memory of slavery disappear. It's just past time for us to quit honoring the people who worked so hard to continue the practise. I know you know that, but you are just making your absurd statement out of party loyalty.

And your point being? It is well know blacks owned slaves. Slavery was a part of many cultures around the world. But it's still wrong and shouldn't be praised. Just because other cultures enslaved others, it doesn't lessen Americas slave past.

Where does it stop?

Nobody is trying to make the history of memory of slavery disappear. It's just past time for us to quit honoring the people who worked so hard to continue the practise. I know you know that, but you are just making your absurd statement out of party loyalty.
Its "past time" because you lemmings have been sensationalized.

Where does it stop?
Where are there statues to black slavers? Dumb fucking inbred.

• Banned

Where does it stop?

Not out of loyalty but out of fear the inane stupidity won't stop. First it was the Rebel Flag, then statues. What's next? 80% of the monuments in DC? Mount Rushmore?
No country on thus planet was ever formed via peaceful loving manners. We would have to erase the ENTIRITY of human history in order to eliminate all the hurtful past.

• Banned

Where does it stop?
Where are there statues to black slavers? Dumb fucking inbred.
Missed the point entirely. No surprise I guess.

Where does it stop?

Its "past time" because you lemmings have been sensationalized.

You think those that were willing to go to war to extend the practise of slavery should be honored for that? What is honorable about one man owning another? What is honorable about being able to separate families by selling their young children at will like a spring calf? What is honorable about leagally using under aged girls as a sex toy.

Where does it stop?

So what's your plan to force people to keep monuments that they've democratically decided they don't want?

The idiocy of the OP is nothing new. Rightwingers and various other slavery apologists have been running out the old blacks had slaves too!! line for decades.

You think those that were willing to go to war to extend the practise of slavery should be honored for that? What is honorable about one man owning another? What is honorable about being able to separate families by selling their young children at will like a spring calf? What is honorable about leagally using under aged girls as a sex toy.

I'm a proud Trumptard and you know....I don't want to see slavery on ANYONE.

VERY few people today actually want to see slavery brought back. Of course, some do unfortunately.
The point is that good or bad.....those memorials REMIND us of our past. If it's a bad past it should be remembered and not forgotten lest future generations repeat the mistakes.

Japan has memorials to the devastation of the atomic bombs. So the statues do more than "honor" people you consider bad.
It reminds all of the REALITY of the past.

Most Americans would consider the dropping of atomic bombs on Japan as a positive thing since it saved hundreds of thousands of lives that would have been lost had the war dragged on.

Those who curse America for dropping the bombs are simply ignorant of the real evils of war.

Those who want to remove all reminders of past atrocities are destined to repeat them.

Last edited:

Where does it stop?

Not out of loyalty but out of fear the inane stupidity won't stop. First it was the Rebel Flag, then statues. What's next? 80% of the monuments in DC? Mount Rushmore?
No country on thus planet was ever formed via peaceful loving manners. We would have to erase the ENTIRITY of human history in order to eliminate all the hurtful past.

80% of the statues in Washington and the faces on Mount Rushmore weren't put there to honor the people for their work to extend slavery. So far as I know, all the statues that have been taken down were put there for that purpose. You can't see the difference?

And your point being? It is well know blacks owned slaves. Slavery was a part of many cultures around the world. But it's still wrong and shouldn't be praised. Just because other cultures enslaved others, it doesn't lessen Americas slave past.

And yet the Black community, many of which are descendent of the Black African profiteers and Owners are somehow outraged at the white man that it happened?

Good God, how friggin stupid is that?

Where does it stop?

So what's your plan to force people to keep monuments that they've democratically decided they don't want?
Who decided? When and where were the elections that decided this?

Poll: Most Americans (62%)Dont Want Confederate Statues Torn Down - Discussionist

"in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville last weekend, many politicians and activists have called for statues honoring Confederate soldiers to be torn down. A new poll, however, shows that most Americans, including a plurality of African-Americans, don’t agree with efforts to tear down Confederate statues. According to a new poll conducted by Marist for NPR/PBS News Hour, 62 percent of Americans want the statues to stay where they are."

VERY few people today actually want to see slavery brought back. Of course, some do unfortunately.
The point is that good or bad.....those memorials REMIND us of our past. If it's a bad past it should be remembered and not forgotten lest future generations repeat the mistakes.

Japan has memorials to the devastation of the atomic bombs. So the statues do more than "honor" people you consider bad.

We all oppose slavery in any form. We oppose the Nazi extremists because we don't want to see them rise again and oppress.

Excellent post.

The existence of the low life Nazi and white supremacists remind us all as to when they existed in force. In a way, they are a living reminder of how damn stupid a human being can be. Antifa serves the same purpose, just wear different clothing is all.

Where does it stop?

If the people vote so be it. Voting =/= mob rule

Trust me, slavery and it's effects on our country will not be forgotten. No need to honor the people who went to war to continue the practise.

And yet the Black community, many of which are descendent of the Black African profiteers and Owners are somehow outraged at the white man that it happened?

Good God, how friggin stupid is that?

They are outraged that it happened. The people trying to pretend that outrage is baseless are seen as pretty outrageous too.

Forum List

Back