Zone1 Many Protestants think anyone who does not leave the Catholic Church is eternally damned!

You're most mistaken, dear. The majority of Christians, protestants, independents, or Catholics, who read the scriptures are likely to realize God is who he is, and he chooses who enters his Kingdom from this earth. He got rather testy with Moses, who begged to know his name and God told him "I am who I am!" that's how God is. He chooses. Most of us haven't any idea of what's coming in the next day with regards to God's will. The Hundredth Psalm explains our differences rather well. And it's all good for believers dedicated to his service, and not that of themselves. It's not our job to decide what God is going to do and who he chooses to execute his will and purpose. Believe, be sincere, and trust not in leaders, but trust in God alone, for he is true, good, and loves you.
there are as many interpretations of Scrpture as there are interpreters... endless, virtually

I never saw that psg about moses asking God his name as God being "testy"

In any case, Christ founded a Church--Mt 16:18, etc

people should be in it.

argue with that, why don't u?

there are as many interpretations of Scrpture as there are interpreters... endless, virtually
I never saw that psg about moses asking God his name as God being "testy"

In any case, Christ founded a Church--Mt 16:18, etc

people should be in it.

argue with that, why don't u?
You misunderstood the sentence. I didn't say God's name was "testy." I said (and the scripture says) God called himself "I am who I am." Read Genesis again.
Hope this helps:
God appeared to Moses in the burning bush and told him to go to Egypt to lead the Israelites out of slavery. In response, Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” (Exodus 3:13).​
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you’” (Exodus 3:14).​
God gets a little testy when people are disobedient, as in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve broke the only law he ever gave them about not eating fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and he ran them off to go anywhere but perfection with Adam having a future of hard work to make a living off the earth, and Eve being frightened of snakebites.

God also has a sense of humor that can make him testy with spirits. If you recall the story of Job, God bragged to Satan about how upright and faithfu Job was among all the men on earth. The devil was quick to respond that if God hadn't pampered Job so with wealth, a big, happy family, lots of livestock, and thousands of heads of livestock, Job would curse him if God took all his comforts away. Jeepers, the Democrats sound just like Satan, with Job being President Trump.

Anyway to prove his point, God turned over Job's welfare to the Democrats , I mean, Satan, and told him to take all he wanted away, but he couldn't take away Job's life.
The rest of the story is here, and Job, good man that he was proved God was right through many hardships, loss of everything and everyone in his family, and his troubles start
here and go through chapter 42: Bible Gateway passage: Job 1 - King James Version

Read it, and you tell me if God is testy, not just with men, but also with his adversary, Satan, who wants all the power of God, but he can't beat God who provides shelter to the souls of righteous countries. All we have to do is ask God for his help, and I do so every night at vespers that God will restore the Constitution to America when we clean up our act and shun Satan and his temptations.

Last edited:
You misunderstood the sentence. I didn't say God's name was "testy." I said (and the scripture says) God called himself "I am who I am." Read Genesis again.
Hope this helps:
God appeared to Moses in the burning bush and told him to go to Egypt to lead the Israelites out of slavery. In response, Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” (Exodus 3:13).​
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you’” (Exodus 3:14).​
God gets a little testy when people are disobedient, as in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve broke the only law he ever gave them about not eating fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and he ran them off to go anywhere but perfection with Adam having a future of hard work to make a living off the earth, and Eve being frightened of snakebites.

God also has a sense of humor that can make him testy with spirits. If you recall the story of Job, God bragged to Satan about how upright and faithfu Job was among all the men on earth. The devil was quick to respond that if God hadn't pampered Job so with wealth, a big, happy family, lots of livestock, and thousands of heads of livestock, Job would curse him if God took all his comforts away. Jeepers, the Democrats sound just like Satan, with Job being President Trump.

Anyway to prove his point, God turned over Job's welfare to the Democrats , I mean, Satan, and told him to take all he wanted away, but he couldn't take away Job's life.
The rest of the story is here, and Job, good man that he was proved God was right through many hardships, loss of everything and everyone in his family, and his troubles start
here and go through chapter 42: Bible Gateway passage: Job 1 - King James Version

Read it, and you tell me if God is testy, not just with men, but also with his adversary, Satan.
I know the story! Geeze, Protestants are ALWAYS acting like Catholics don't know a damn thing about the Bible. I have read the whole thing and as a Catholic, going to Mass every day for 3 years, you hear virtually the entire Bible.

I haven't read your whole post yet. But you misunderstood me. I didn't say anything about god's name being "testy" and didn't accuse u of saying that..

anyway, I'm already tired just from saying that. In any case, I know the story of Moses and "I am" and etc.

I'll read the rest of this later. I guess I am just tired of arguing religion and interpretations w/ people. I'm just not there anymore.

(I just read a little more of your post. I do know the story of Job also.. hard to believe a Catholic knows the Bible but--it happens)

I know the story! Geeze, Protestants are ALWAYS acting like Catholics don't know a damn thing about the Bible. I have read the whole thing and as a Catholic, going to Mass every day for 3 years, you hear virtually the entire Bible.

I haven't read your whole post yet. But you misunderstood me. I didn't say anything about god's name being "testy" and didn't accuse u of saying that..

anyway, I'm already tired just from saying that. In any case, I know the story of Moses and "I am" and etc.

I'll read the rest of this later. I guess I am just tired of arguing religion and interpretations w/ people. I'm just not there anymore.

(I just read a little more of your post. I do know the story of Job also.. hard to believe a Catholic knows the Bible but--it happens)
No offense, Greenerpastures. I lived in Wyoming for 35 years and have had very coordial friendships with fine Catholic people. I wsn't trying to demean you in any way, and did not know you were an RC. I don't ask people I'm friends with what church they go to. I taught sunday school when my kids were small for 12 years, and I read the Bible a lot still today because everything about Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father makes me happy. When I lived in Wyoming, I was so impressed by the Little Sisters of the Poor that I took groceries to their project to feed the poor in the community because they were so wonderful to do that, and it was a very small town where services weren't always obvious to those who need it, and spending the night outdoors in the winter could well result in death due to the sub-zero drops for sometimes 3 full months. Trust me, nobody could keep up with those Catholics, and they gave to whoever came to them with needs for their children or families. Honest, I have no idea of what religion people are. I was raised to believe forgiving people for their mistakes was important, and I don't hold grudges even if it gets me in trouble. I'm just a believer in the salvation of mankind through reading the Good Book frequently, singing praises to the Lord, and appreciating the work of all those who labor in the Kingdom of God without prejudice. I believe peace is from God, not man, albeit pastors and ministers of the word help us see God in his true light of love. God is gracious and good to those who love him. that's what's important, imho.

No offense, Greenerpastures. I lived in Wyoming for 35 years and have had very coordial friendships with fine Catholic people. I wsn't trying to demean you in any way, and did not know you were an RC. I don't ask people I'm friends with what church they go to. I taught sunday school when my kids were small for 12 years, and I read the Bible a lot still today because everything about Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father makes me happy. When I lived in Wyoming, I was so impressed by the Little Sisters of the Poor that I took groceries to their project to feed the poor in the community because they were so wonderful to do that, and it was a very small town where services weren't always obvious to those who need it, and spending the night outdoors in the winter could well result in death due to the sub-zero drops for sometimes 3 full months. Trust me, nobody could keep up with those Catholics, and they gave to whoever came to them with needs for their children or families. Honest, I have no idea of what religion people are. I was raised to believe forgiving people for their mistakes was important, and I don't hold grudges even if it gets me in trouble. I'm just a believer in the salvation of mankind through reading the Good Book frequently, singing praises to the Lord, and appreciating the work of all those who labor in the Kingdom of God without prejudice. I believe peace is from God, not man, albeit pastors and ministers of the word help us see God in his true light of love. God is gracious and good to those who love him. that's what's important, imho.
well, you have a good spirit in you because I half expected u to get ticked at me and write some hateful sounding stuff.. I guess I have had one too many experiences with anti-Catholics so.. please accept my apologies for assuming you were or could be one of them.

I can u/stand people ditching organized religion. The problem is that Jesus founded an organized Church. I mean, it would hardly do to say that Jesus estabslihed a disorganized one... LOL

You will disagree when I say the Church Christ founded was/is Catholic. And if you look @ the RCC today, it hardly looks like anything Jesus Christ would establish! That is for sure. Pope F is a heretic/usurper (hey, just like we have in the US in our "political" system)

I'm depressing myself.. Anyway, I don't know what else to say.. kind of tired and stuff.

:)

I will stick to my opinions about suicide.

Independent from anything else than a flat political indoctrination? Then let us hope you never will suffer a locked in syndrome and you will not have to listen to others how they decide to end your life "not worth living". Btw: "Not worth living" the Nazis called every life of their self-defined enemies.

In passing, I was visiting my uncle and aunt who were on vacation in the home with the female cancer patient I mentioned and I heard her screaming until time came for her pain medication. My uncle said it wasn’t match of a vacation in that home. That was 25 years ago and things are worse today.

Things are worse today in the USA? Not so in Germany as far as I know. Today exist for example much more hospices and in general the knowledge in palliative medicine grew. And it exist also much better pain medicaments today.

You have the right to your opinion and I have the right to mine

No. "To kill" has nothing to do with an opinion. Example: A man who suffers depressions likes to die. But two weeks later after an successful therapy he has absolutelly not any idea any longer why he liked to kill himselve two weeks ago.

but the Bible says there is only ONE unforgivable sin.

Matthew 12:31-32
“Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Source: 8 Bible verses about Unforgivable Sin

Then ask yourselve what kind of sin it could be to fight against the holy spirit of life.

Last edited:
Independent from anything else than a flat political indoctrination? Then let us hope you never will suffer a locked in syndrome and you will not have to listen to others how they decide to end your life "not worth living". Btw: "Not worth living" the Nazis called every life of their self-defined enemies.

Things are worse today in the USA? Not so in Germany as far as I know. Today exist for example much more hospices and in general the knowledge in palliative medicine grew. And it exist also much better pain medicaments today.

No. "To kill" has nothing to do with an opinion. Example: A man who suffers depressions likes to die. But two weeks later after an successful therapy he has absolutelly not any idea any longer why he liked to kill himselve two weeks ago.

Then ask yourselve what kind of sin it could be to fight against the holy spirit of life.

Christ himself said there is only one unforgivable sin. I‘ll take his word for that. I trust him.

***snip***

Mark 3:28-30 says “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin’ for they were saying, ‘He has an unclean spirit.”

Mathew 12:30-32 says
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”

Luke 12:8-10 says
“I tell you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will also confess him before the angels of God. But whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.”

Christ himself said there is only one unforgivable sin. I‘ll take his word for that. I trust him. ...

No. You "trust" in yourselve and your ability to make a correct interpretation of your sources in the way others told you to do. Ever heard about that god is life? So how are you able to say to kill someone is not a sin against the holy spirit? I suggest to you to stop it to be frivolous thoughtless. Ask your heart in a calm moment and you will know that you do not have the right to kill anyone - also not yourselve. Very very rare exceptions - for example on reason to save the life of others - may only confirm this strict rule.

Last edited:
... Mathew 12:30-32 says “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." ...

-----
John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. For the one who is not against us is for us. For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward.
-----

-----

No. You "trust" in yourselve and your ability to make a correct interpretation of your sources in the way others told you to do. Ever heard about that god is life? So how are you able to say to kill someone is not a sin against the holy spirit? I suggest to you to stop it to be frivolous thoughtless. Ask your heart in a calm moment and you will know that you do not have the right to kill anyone - also not yourselve. Very very rare exceptions - for example on reason to save the life of others - may only confirm this strict rule.

I am interpreting nothing. I am merely quoting Jesus.

Mark 3:22 -29 KJV

22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Batcat

You speak nonsense by using the bible to speak nonsense. Let this be. You are not Jesus speaking to the people - Jesus is speaking to you. Try to understand him.

Last edited:
IIBatcat

You speak nonsense by using the bible to speak nonsense. Let this be. You are not Jesus speaking to the people - Jesus is speaking to you. Try to understand him.

You accuse me of speaking nonsense when I use the actual words Jesus says. Assuming the Bible is accurately quoting Jesus, how can this be? If the Bible is misquoting Jesus than believing anything it says is foolish.

But perhaps I am confused.

What exactly does Jesus mean when he says,

Mark3:22-29

22And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan?
24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.
27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house.
28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter,
29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Christ himself said there is only one unforgivable sin. I‘ll take his word for that. I trust him.

***snip***

Mark 3:28-30 says “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin’ for they were saying, ‘He has an unclean spirit.”

Mathew 12:30-32 says
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”

Luke 12:8-10 says
“I tell you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will also confess him before the angels of God. But whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.”
you can't go by the Bible alone n this issue

the unforgivable sin is mentioned in .. 12:36 but I can't recall which Gospel. Matthew, I believe

In any case, Jesus in that psg is being defied by a group of people. He is always being defied, of course, to this day and always.. But this incident is different. The group of defiers in this situation KNOW that Jesus is God, that His miracle is wrought through God. But they still defy Him because they do not want to give up their evil ways. THAT is the unforgivable sin.. knowing that Jesus is the Way and that you have to accept Him and obey Him but refusing to do so. AND you have to do this to your dying day, without one bit of repentance..

Of course all this is written down in Church documents but NOT the Bible. You cannot do sola scriptura. Jesus himself referred to a tradition once that was not even written down in the OLD Testament (the only one around in His day). Tradition is the Church---

From Christianity.com: The Pharisees, seeking to maintain their status and lord their authority over the people (Matthew 20:25) perpetrated blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons” (Matthew 12:24). Jesus “knew their thoughts” (Matthew 12:25) and challenged them with the truth of their hypocrisy. He said, “And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.” He goes on to underscore their separateness, yet not as leaders, but as separate from the kingdom of God, “He who is not with Me is against Me…” (Matthew 12:30).

The stinger comes in verses 31-32, when Jesus says, “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or the age to come

Well, this is incomplete because what is meant by "speaks against the Holy Spirit.."?

I think that if you ACT against the HS, that is the problem.. In other words, you refuse to adhere to the Truth as aforementioned

Last edited:
you can't go by the Bible alone n this issue

the unforgivable sin is mentioned in .. 12:36 but I can't recall which Gospel. Matthew, I believe

In any case, Jesus in that psg is being defied by a group of people. He is always being defied, of course, to this day and always.. But this incident is different. The group of defiers in this situation KNOW that Jesus is God, that His miracle is wrought through God. But they still defy Him because they do not want to give up their evil ways. THAT is the unforgivable sin.. knowing that Jesus is the Way and that you have to accept Him and obey Him but refusing to do so. AND you have to do this to your dying day, without one bit of repentance..

Of course all this is written down in Church documents but NOT the Bible. You cannot do sola scriptura. Jesus himself referred to a tradition once that was not even written down in the OLD Testament (the only one around in His day). Tradition is the Church---

From Christianity.com: The Pharisees, seeking to maintain their status and lord their authority over the people (Matthew 20:25) perpetrated blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons” (Matthew 12:24). Jesus “knew their thoughts” (Matthew 12:25) and challenged them with the truth of their hypocrisy. He said, “And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.” He goes on to underscore their separateness, yet not as leaders, but as separate from the kingdom of God, “He who is not with Me is against Me…” (Matthew 12:30).

The stinger comes in verses 31-32, when Jesus says, “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or the age to come

Well, this is incomplete because what is meant by "speaks against the Holy Spirit.."?

I think that if you ACT against the HS, that is the problem.. In other words, you refuse to adhere to the Truth as aforementioned
I have heard it said that a true Christian could never commit the unforgivable sin.

Throughout His life, the Holy Spirit had borne testimony to who Jesus was and what He had come to do. Despite the irrefutable evidence thus provided, the Pharisees wilfully refused to accept the witness of the Holy Spirit. Instead of recognizing the Holy Spirit as being the source of Jesus’ power, and accepting Him as God’s Son, the Pharisees attributed His power to the devil. The Lord describes this, the grossest of all possible sins, as being ‘blasphemy against the Holy Ghost’, v. 31, and such is its seriousness that it can never be forgiven, neither in this age nor in the age to come.

It is not without significance that we do not read about this sin in any of the Epistles, nor is there any warning given concerning it. Taking that into account, and bearing in mind the context in which the Lord issued this extreme warning, I am convinced that this ‘unpardonable sin’ relates exclusively to the time when the Lord was on earth. As such, it is not possible to commit this sin today and, therefore, a Christian can never be guilty of doing so, even though some may worry they have done. The very fact that a person worries about it is one sure proof that they have not, for those who had committed it during the Lord’s lifetime were so hardened in their hearts they had no care that they were guilty. In relation to those who are His, the Lord Jesus promised, ‘I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand’, John 10. 28. Therefore, we need have no fear in respect of this particular sin; it is impossible for a Christian to transgress in this way.

The following is a longer read but in my opinion worthwhile.

[/I]

Last edited:
You accuse me of speaking nonsense

No. I say you speak nonsense by using the bible to speak nonsense.

when I use the actual words Jesus says. Assuming the Bible is accurately quoting Jesus, how can this be?

Wrong context. Do what the Holy Spirit likes you to do - but do not think you are the Holy Spirit who has to tell others they may do suicide because this will be without negative consequences.

If the Bible is misquoting Jesus than believing anything it says is foolish.

Your problem is that you do not know what's written in in the bible - otherwise you had not called me a fool now. And yes: you will say you did not call me a fool - but I say you called me a fool by using the bible to do so.

But perhaps I am confused.

You are.

What exactly does Jesus mean when he says,

Mark3:22-29

22And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan?
24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.
27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house.
28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter,
29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

You can repeat as often as you like to repeat this lines - in your mouth this words are only empty wrong phrases - but not so in the mouth of Jesus the Christ. What about just simple to try respect all and every life and not to try to tell other people to kill the own person is no sin because the bible says nothing is a sin?

Last edited:
No. I say you speak nonsense by using the bible to speak nonsense.

Wrong context. Do what the Holy Spirit likes you to do - but do not think you are the Holy Spirit who has to tell others they may do suicide because this will be without negative consequences.

Your problem is that you do not know what's written in in the bible - otherwise you had not called me a fool now. And yes: you will say you did not call me a fool - but I say you called me a fool by using the bible to do so.

You are.

You can repeat as often as you like to repeat this lines - in your mouth this words are only empty wrong phrases - but not so in the mouth of Jesus the Christ. What about just simple to try respect all and every life and not to try to tell other people to kill the own person is no sin because the bible says nothing is a sin?

I will stick with what Jesus said in the Bible. There is one unforgivable sin.

The ultimate outcome for someone who commits suicide is a subject where people disagree. I personally don’t believe I should judge a person as that is well above my pay grade.[/i]

Mark 3:28-30

New International Version

28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”

***snip***

According to Scripture, suicide is not what determines whether a person goes to heaven. If an unsaved person commits suicide, he or she hasn’t done anything to accelerate their journey to hell. The unsaved person who committed suicide will be in hell not for the act itself but for rejecting salvation through Christ. The reality is we don’t know what was happening in a person’s heart the moment he or she died. There are some who accept Christ just moments before death. There are also some who may have a last-second change of heart and cry out for God’s mercy. These judgments are not for us to make. Yes, we can make a judgment that suicide is the wrong way to deal with one’s problems, but we should leave eternal judgment up to God.

A Christian committing suicide is evidence that anyone can struggle with despair. While suicide is not the unforgivable sin, it is still a serious sin against God. God says, “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13), and suicide is murdering oneself. As Christians, we are called to live our lives for God and the decision of when to die is God’s alone.

God knows the heart of each person. He knows that mental illness sometimes clouds a person’s judgment so much so that they aren’t fully responsible for their actions. We should also not be quick to condemn a person who dies by this means. Typically, he or she has been dealing with incredibly weighty issues. Those problems might include some form of drug addiction, including alcoholism. Mental illness, which is also a big factor, can be difficult to comprehend, even for those who deal with them professionally. The person who commits suicide often has been dealing with these issues secretly and the depth of his or her struggle is known only to them. It’s important that we are sensitive to the needs of others, especially those who may be facing mental illness, discouragement or depression. As Christians, we are called to love. Sometimes, just knowing that someone cares can help someone in crisis.

I will stick with what Jesus said in the Bible. There is one unforgivable sin.

The ultimate outcome for someone who commits suicide is a subject where people disagree. I personally don’t believe I should judge a person as that is well above my pay grade.[/i]

Mark 3:28-30​

New International Version​

28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”

***snip***

According to Scripture, suicide is not what determines whether a person goes to heaven. If an unsaved person commits suicide, he or she hasn’t done anything to accelerate their journey to hell. The unsaved person who committed suicide will be in hell not for the act itself but for rejecting salvation through Christ. The reality is we don’t know what was happening in a person’s heart the moment he or she died. There are some who accept Christ just moments before death. There are also some who may have a last-second change of heart and cry out for God’s mercy. These judgments are not for us to make. Yes, we can make a judgment that suicide is the wrong way to deal with one’s problems, but we should leave eternal judgment up to God.

A Christian committing suicide is evidence that anyone can struggle with despair. While suicide is not the unforgivable sin, it is still a serious sin against God. God says, “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13), and suicide is murdering oneself. As Christians, we are called to live our lives for God and the decision of when to die is God’s alone.

God knows the heart of each person. He knows that mental illness sometimes clouds a person’s judgment so much so that they aren’t fully responsible for their actions. We should also not be quick to condemn a person who dies by this means. Typically, he or she has been dealing with incredibly weighty issues. Those problems might include some form of drug addiction, including alcoholism. Mental illness, which is also a big factor, can be difficult to comprehend, even for those who deal with them professionally. The person who commits suicide often has been dealing with these issues secretly and the depth of his or her struggle is known only to them. It’s important that we are sensitive to the needs of others, especially those who may be facing mental illness, discouragement or depression. As Christians, we are called to love. Sometimes, just knowing that someone cares can help someone in crisis.

My Tip: Take your bible - throw it into a waste paper basket - and live a Christian life for some time by using "only" your heart to do so. When you will read again on your own the bible after 1,2 - 5,6 years then you will read another book.

Last edited:
My Tip: Take your bible - throw it into a waste paper basket - and live a Christian life for some time by using "only" your heart to do so. When you will read again on your own the bible after 1,2 - 5,6 years then you will read another book.

As a Christian I do try to live a Christian life. Every day I try to improve my innate nature and become a better person. I have a long ways to go but I do feel I am showing some signs of improvement thanks to the Holy Spirit.

I have absolutely no intention of ever throwing my Bible in a trash can. I have read the entire Bible numerous times. I just finished reading the Bible and plan to read it again at least one more time. It’s a fascinating piece of literature and a user’s guide to Christianity.

If the Catholic Church is wrong, then all Protestant churches are wrong too because they came out from the RCC. Actually, the RCC is wrong and a great an abominable church so all Protestant Churches are the same, great and abominable.

LOL, in your dreams magic jammy man

Forum List

Back