Manafort being treated worse than Charles Manson by New York Bureacracy

Maanfort is accused of non-violent offenses, no reason for Solitary. He should be out on the yard, playing spades for ramen soups with the other cons, watching cable TV, etc. He's a smart guy, he could probably earn some commissary by helping the other guys with their cases and appeals.

The reason for solitary confinement is for his own safety. And if you want to take legal advice from Manafort be my guest.

Why should Mr. Manafort's "safety" be any more of a concern that any of the others thousands of inmates in that jail?

Manafort is a former lawyer, unlike the majority of guys on ice at Rikers. If I were serving time, I'd ask Manafort to help me with my appeal before I'd ask Jared Fogle or Mike Tyson or the Shoe Bomber guy.

They put a lot of felons in solitary for safety reasons like they are for Manafort. Pedophiles for one.

Mr. Manafort isn't a paedophile and he isn't a snitch. He's a tax evader, hardly that hated of a crime. He should have no more problems that anyone else in the joint. That's an extremely weak reason. Further, he is an elderly man serving a life sentence. I can't see where his life is so particularly valuable anyhow.

A what?

Tax evasion and bank fraud worth millions. He belongs in jail. You should start a Go Fund Me to get Manafort broken out into general population.
What "bank fraud worth millions?" Name a single bank that lost a dime because of Manafort.

A what?

Tax evasion and bank fraud worth millions. He belongs in jail. You should start a Go Fund Me to get Manafort broken out into general population.

Manafort would not be in jail at all,if he hadn't worked for President Trump. The DOJ reviewed his case before Trump disembarked from the Golden Escalator and thought "no big deal".

I agree that Trump had a lot to do with it.

But even if you disagree, Solitary Confinement is inhumane. Particularly with an elderly man serving a life sentence.

Is it? In all circumstances? And cheer up, Manafort might live to be 95.

Actually, Manafort is in bad shape.

I don't give him more than a few years if he's in solitary. Isolation destroys the human brain and that is that.

I don't think he's going to be in solitary confinement forever, it's just while he's on trial in New York for even more crimes. If he's in bad health, oh well, he shouldn't have bilked the U.S. tax payer and lied to banks while playing footsie with Oligarchs who certainly couldn't give 2 shits about a fair justice system.

Not forever, just until he dies. The Left wants to torture this man, for a non-violent crime.

BTW, Al Sharpton cheated the tax man. So did Warren Buffett supposedly to a tune of a billion dollars. But those folks are libs and subject to a different standard.

I personally don't want to torture anyone for any crime.

Tax and bank fraud. Cool, now specifically when did either Buffett or Sharpton commit tax FRAUD? Oh, and bank fraud as well.

Manafort would not be in jail at all,if he hadn't worked for President Trump. The DOJ reviewed his case before Trump disembarked from the Golden Escalator and thought "no big deal".

But even if you disagree, Solitary Confinement is inhumane. Particularly with an elderly man serving a life sentence.

I don't give him more than a few years if he's in solitary. Isolation destroys the human brain and that is that.

I don't think he's going to be in solitary confinement forever, it's just while he's on trial in New York for even more crimes. If he's in bad health, oh well, he shouldn't have bilked the U.S. tax payer and lied to banks while playing footsie with Oligarchs who certainly couldn't give 2 shits about a fair justice system.

Not forever, just until he dies. The Left wants to torture this man, for a non-violent crime.

BTW, Al Sharpton cheated the tax man. So did Warren Buffett supposedly to a tune of a billion dollars. But those folks are libs and subject to a different standard.

Tax and bank fraud. Cool, now specifically when did either Buffett or Sharpton commit tax FRAUD? Oh, and bank fraud as well.
Of course you want to torture Manafort, and probably every other Republican.

The reason for solitary confinement is for his own safety. And if you want to take legal advice from Manafort be my guest.

Why should Mr. Manafort's "safety" be any more of a concern that any of the others thousands of inmates in that jail?

Manafort is a former lawyer, unlike the majority of guys on ice at Rikers. If I were serving time, I'd ask Manafort to help me with my appeal before I'd ask Jared Fogle or Mike Tyson or the Shoe Bomber guy.

They put a lot of felons in solitary for safety reasons like they are for Manafort. Pedophiles for one.

Mr. Manafort isn't a paedophile and he isn't a snitch. He's a tax evader, hardly that hated of a crime. He should have no more problems that anyone else in the joint. That's an extremely weak reason. Further, he is an elderly man serving a life sentence. I can't see where his life is so particularly valuable anyhow.

A what?

What "bank fraud worth millions?" Name a single bank that lost a dime because of Manafort.

Federal Savings Bank of Chicago, he admitted to 16 million.

Former Trump campaign boss Paul Manafort admits Chicago bank fraud

Nope. I'm not into torture.

I updated my post. They are keeping him close to New York for state charges it looks like and nice strawman, nobody said his crimes were as serious as Manson or Madoff, but as of now (and it's going to stack up) they are 7 1/2 years serious.

Maanfort is accused of non-violent offenses, no reason for Solitary. He should be out on the yard, playing spades for ramen soups with the other cons, watching cable TV, etc. He's a smart guy, he could probably earn some commissary by helping the other guys with their cases and appeals.

There wouldn't bee an safety considerations if he wasn't going to Riker's island. Quit pretending this is anything other than pure vindictiveness. All you Trump hating morons are going straight to hell.

Even then, with a life sentence, one would be a lot better off in the Gen Pop of Rikers than in solitary. Especially as Mr. Manafort isn't a child molester or a snitch, and has skills that could make him popular enough with the other guys.

First off, I am not defending anything anyone allegedly did. But Manafort's issues were actually dismissed during The Obama Administration because everything Manafort did in The Ukraine was done for The Podesta Group and on behalf of Obama and Clinton.

His issues only occurred when he worked for The Trump Campaign and the Deep State Machine started gearing up to try to keep Trump out of The White House. Even the alleged money he is said to have earned, there is no record of. The Only Record is that this money went to The Podesta Group, but since they were given immunity by Comey and Mueller, they claimed they never received 'said monies" and Manafort can never request documents that would prove his innocence from The Podesta Group due to The Immunity Mueller and Comey gave them.

All that being said, Why has a simple Tax Cheat being held in prison in solitary confinement, and now being sent to Rikers Island to spend even more time in Solitary Confinement?

Charles Manson was not even treated like this. He was allowed to be visited by groupies, had conjugal visits, and was treated far too kindly for the Evil Son of a Bitch he was.

And when is Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson going to do jail time for not paying their taxes? Why is Manafort being tried twice, for the same crimes he allegedly committed, incurring double jeopardy for his alleged acts?

It is looking to me like Manafort is a political prisoner, and not a simple tax cheater. There was not a single citizen who colluded with Russia, so why is Manafort being treated like an Enemy of The State?

Alan Dershowitz: Why is Paul Manafort off to Rikers? Prepare to be shocked (and outraged)
When was Charles Manson ever processed by the NYC bureaucracy?

Mr. Manson was processed by the California bureaucracy , but was not sent to solitary. In fact he got a lot of prison tattoos and supposedly was considered a big man in the joint.

Manson, 74, is locked away in protective custody, according to Sabrina Johnson, a spokeswoman at Corcoran State Prison in Corcoran, about 150 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Charles Manson spends most of his time alone - CNN.com

There wouldn't bee an safety considerations if he wasn't going to Riker's island. Quit pretending this is anything other than pure vindictiveness. All you Trump hating morons are going straight to hell.

Even then, with a life sentence, one would be a lot better off in the Gen Pop of Rikers than in solitary. Especially as Mr. Manafort isn't a child molester or a snitch, and has skills that could make him popular enough with the other guys.

Not sure why you have to keep telling me Manafort isn't a child molester but I find it hilarious.

I'm sorry that you don't understand a high profile elderly inmate just might get himself hurt on Rikers Island.

I updated my post. They are keeping him close to New York for state charges it looks like and nice strawman, nobody said his crimes were as serious as Manson or Madoff, but as of now (and it's going to stack up) they are 7 1/2 years serious.

There’s a Russian concern wherever he is. I’m sure he’s fine staying out of gen pop and away from Plutonium soup.

Not sure why you have to keep telling me Manafort isn't a child molester but I find it hilarious.

I'm sorry that you don't understand a high profile elderly inmate just might get himself hurt on Rikers Island.

Sure, a high profile elderly inmate might get hurt on Rikers Island. So might a low profile youthful inmate. Its reputedly a pretty tough joint.

You obviously are. You're a cruel vindictive despicable piece of shit.

Yeah, it’s the other Trump campaign guy, Nader, that’s the child molester.

There’s a Russian concern wherever he is. I’m sure he’s fine staying out of gen pop and away from Plutonium soup.

I don't think they make Plutonium flavored ramen soups.

What the fact is a "Russian concern?" Are you afraid he might pass notes to another inmate who will intern pass it to the Kremlin?

The whole "Russia! Russia! Russia!" conspiracy is a hoax, you astounding dumbass.

It’s strange Rikers Island is NYC’s county jail. It’s one of the worst county jails in the country. Why is he going to county jail on a Fed crime?

A what?

How do you defraud a bank "of loans?" That phrase is utterly meaningless.

Sure, a high profile elderly inmate might get hurt on Rikers Island. So might a low profile youthful inmate. Its reputedly a pretty tough joint.

Sure, people get hurt on Rikers. However those that may be targets they sometimes put in solitary, I don't see anything necessarily unusual about this. If there was a reason to put some unknown kid in solitary for his safety they'd do that to, say he was threatened by a gang or they were worried about payback from something he had done.

Anyway, if you want to pout that Manafort isn't getting his ass kicked in jail then you're more than happy to.

I must have made you mad at some point. Good.

I must have made you mad at some point. Good.
Yeah, the same way I get mad when I step in dog shit.

A what?

How do you defraud a bank "of loans?" That phrase is utterly meaningless.

Neat, he plead guilty to bank fraud to the tune of 16 million so you'll have to ask him why if he isn't guilty he did that.

Forum List

Back