Man who bought rifle for Kyle Rittenhouse takes plea deal

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
"Contributing to the delinquency of a minor" and two felonies dropped. That's a non-criminal citation with a $2,000 fine, if Judge Schroeder okays the deal.

"MILWAUKEE (AP) — The man who bought Kyle Rittenhouse an assault-style rifle when he was only 17 has agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation, and avoid convictions on the two felonies he’d been facing.

The Journal Sentinel reports Dominick Black, 20, was charged in November 2020 with two counts of delivering a dangerous weapon to a minor, resulting in death. The two counts related to Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, the protesters Rittenhouse fatally shot the night of Aug. 25, 2020, in Kenosha.

Black was 18 when he purchased the rifle for Rittenhouse at a hardware store in Rusk County in May of that year. At 17, Rittenhouse was too young to legally purchase the weapon.

In August 2020, Rittenhouse used the rifle to kill two people and wound a third during protests in Kenosha. In November, a jury found him not guilty, based on his claim of self-defense..."

Man charged with buying gun for Rittenhouse takes plea deal

1641687768853.png

"Contributing to the delinquency of a minor" and two felonies dropped. That's a non-criminal citation with a $2,000 fine, if Judge Schroeder okays the deal.

"MILWAUKEE (AP) — The man who bought Kyle Rittenhouse an assault-style rifle when he was only 17 has agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation, and avoid convictions on the two felonies he’d been facing.

The Journal Sentinel reports Dominick Black, 20, was charged in November 2020 with two counts of delivering a dangerous weapon to a minor, resulting in death. The two counts related to Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, the protesters Rittenhouse fatally shot the night of Aug. 25, 2020, in Kenosha.

Black was 18 when he purchased the rifle for Rittenhouse at a hardware store in Rusk County in May of that year. At 17, Rittenhouse was too young to legally purchase the weapon.

In August 2020, Rittenhouse used the rifle to kill two people and wound a third during protests in Kenosha. In November, a jury found him not guilty, based on his claim of self-defense..."

Man charged with buying gun for Rittenhouse takes plea deal

View attachment 585501

It was not illegal for Rittenhouse to carry or possess that weapon. Something doesn't add up here.

Beaver Cleaver had every right to be there packing the heat he had.
He did. That's not in question. But sending a naive kid into a situation like that was extremely stupid and irresponsible. It hung an albatross around his neck that he'll live with for the rest of his life.

He did. That's not in question. But sending a naive kid into a situation like that was extremely stupid and irresponsible. It hung an albatross around his neck that he'll live with for the rest of his life.
But that's not what happened. He lived and worked in that neighborhood. He went there strictly of his own volition. He was not a member of any militia group. He simply aligned himself with like-minded persons. He didn't even know the others before the riots.

But that's not what happened.
Of course. I forgot to read
He lived and worked in that neighborhood. He went there strictly of his own volition. He was not a member of any militia group. He simply aligned himself with like-minded persons. He didn't even know the others before the riots.
I heard differently. From sources I'm far more likely to believe.

Care to quote those sources? Because I can promise you, he worked as a lifeguard right there in Kenosha. That's proven. That fact wasn't even disputed by the prosecution. Are you going to try to dispute it now?

Care to quote those sources? Because I can promise you, he worked as a lifeguard right there in Kenosha. That's proven. That fact wasn't even disputed by the prosecution. Are you going to try to dispute it now?
I'm disputing your moronic insistence that his purpose there was noble and justified. He was a pawn, manipulated by people who knew better, for the purpose of insidious partisan dumbfuckery.

Yeah, I quite agree.....it was a "straw purchase".

As such, he needed a much bigger spanking than what he got.

We've got a terrible issue with an abundance of retailer-sold guns being intentionally placed into the wrong hands. And one great big pipeline to those wrong-hands is the phenomena.....the ILLEGAL phenomena ...... of 'straw purchases'.

Everyone who is caught doing it...both the straw-purchaser, and the recipient of the now illegal weapon needs severe punishment.

Well, I don't know what these more reliable sources could possibly be. Most of the crap information, which has been utterly debunked, originates with MSNBC and CNN.

The actual facts tell us that Rittenhouse lived and worked in that neighborhood. He primarily lived with his mother in Antioch, Illinois. He also lived part-time in Kenosha, where his father and grandparents live. He worked in Kenosha. His parents are divorced. It's essentially the same neighborhood. We're talking about a 25-mile square area overlapping the state border.

He initially volunteered to clean up graffiti and provide first aid. He also volunteered to provide security for local businesses, and, yes, he was armed. It seems that he personally knew at least two others, but it's not clear to me that they were with him on the security thingy at night. Later, he and perhaps his bud aligned themselves with a loosely organized neighborhood-watch-type militia. They didn't know the others before the eventful day. He was not a formal member of any militia, let alone associated with any white supremacist organization. The folks with whom he aligned himself were not white supremacists either.

My sources are highly reliable.

You can get a good sense as to who he is and what really went down that night:

In toto, it's clear from the above and from the following video, which attempts to paint Rittenhouse as the heavy, that Rosenbaum's behavior triggered the disaster. The other two got their asses shot assuming things that weren't true. Riggenhouse was trying to get away in order to avoid shooting any others. He was not running around wild. Also, this video will lace you up regarding his connection with the so-called militia group, the leader of which threw Rittenhouse under the bus, assuming the video was edited accurately.

The following also tells us a lot about what happened and who this guy really is:

Last edited:
Wisconsin law prohibits anyone under age 18 from being armed, but Rittenhouse’s attorneys argued that state laws only forbid minors to carry short-barreled rifles and shotguns. The other prohibitions pertaining to children fall under hunting laws, which say children under age 12 can’t hunt with guns, Rittenhouse’s attorneys said at a hearing Tuesday.
Hunting laws allowed Kyle Rittenhouse to carry weapon, lawyers say Oct. 6, 2021,

Wisconsin law prohibits anyone under age 18 from being armed, but Rittenhouse’s attorneys argued that state laws only forbid minors to carry short-barreled rifles and shotguns. The other prohibitions pertaining to children fall under hunting laws, which say children under age 12 can’t hunt with guns, Rittenhouse’s attorneys said at a hearing Tuesday.
Hunting laws allowed Kyle Rittenhouse to carry weapon, lawyers say Oct. 6, 2021,

That would be why the judge dismissed the weapons charges against Kyle before any trial.

Forum List

Back