Man shopping at Walmart attacked by vigilante for carrying gun he was legally permitted to have

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Man shopping for coffee creamer at Walmart attacked by vigilante for carrying gun he was legally permitted to have Tampa Bay Times

BRANDON — Clarence Daniels had just crossed the threshold of Walmart's front doors on Tuesday, in search of coffee creamer for his wife, when the gun in hip holster gave a well-intentioned vigilante the idea he was up to something more sinister.

From the Walmart parking lot at 11110 Causeway Boulevard, Michael Foster, 43, of Lithia had watched Daniels, 62, take from his car the handgun — for which he holds a concealed carry permit — and place it on his hip underneath his coat, Hillsborough sheriff's deputies reported.

As Daniels entered the store, a label for the coffee creamer in his pocket in case he forgot the brand, Foster tackled him to the ground and placed him in a choke hold, sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon said.

"He's got a gun!" deputies said Foster shouted.

"I have a permit!" Daniels yelled back multiple times, McKinnon said.

The men struggled and were separated until law enforcement arrived on scene just before noon. Foster was arrested and charged with battery.

"Unfortunately he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen," McKinnon said. "We understand it's alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed weapons permit holders."

The Sheriff's Office recommends that vigilante-inclined citizens refrain from taking matters into their own hands, especially when an incident is gun-related. Call 911 or alert security, McKinnon said, before taking any drastic measure.

"You better make sure there's a good reason," he added. "Otherwise you might be confronting a guy that is legally permitted to carry a gun."

This guy is lucky the guy didnt just call the cops and have him shot. The last time a black guy was in a Walmart in a state that allowed Open Carry they shot first and aske...just kidding they didnt ask anything because the guy was dead

Man shopping for coffee creamer at Walmart attacked by vigilante for carrying gun he was legally permitted to have Tampa Bay Times

BRANDON — Clarence Daniels had just crossed the threshold of Walmart's front doors on Tuesday, in search of coffee creamer for his wife, when the gun in hip holster gave a well-intentioned vigilante the idea he was up to something more sinister.

From the Walmart parking lot at 11110 Causeway Boulevard, Michael Foster, 43, of Lithia had watched Daniels, 62, take from his car the handgun — for which he holds a concealed carry permit — and place it on his hip underneath his coat, Hillsborough sheriff's deputies reported.

As Daniels entered the store, a label for the coffee creamer in his pocket in case he forgot the brand, Foster tackled him to the ground and placed him in a choke hold, sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon said.

"He's got a gun!" deputies said Foster shouted.

"I have a permit!" Daniels yelled back multiple times, McKinnon said.

The men struggled and were separated until law enforcement arrived on scene just before noon. Foster was arrested and charged with battery.

"Unfortunately he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen," McKinnon said. "We understand it's alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed weapons permit holders."

The Sheriff's Office recommends that vigilante-inclined citizens refrain from taking matters into their own hands, especially when an incident is gun-related. Call 911 or alert security, McKinnon said, before taking any drastic measure.

"You better make sure there's a good reason," he added. "Otherwise you might be confronting a guy that is legally permitted to carry a gun."

This guy is lucky the guy didnt just call the cops and have him shot. The last time a black guy was in a Walmart in a state that allowed Open Carry they shot first and aske...just kidding they didnt ask anything because the guy was dead

Did you notice the how 2 more white guys swarmed the 62 yr old man? What a bunch of punks. Too bad there were no Black guys around to beat their asses.

He's lucky one of the white guys wasn't carrying. The way they sucker-jumped him, one probably would have shot him.

I hope Daniels sues and wins big.

I suspect we'll see a lot more of this.

i find it funny that the same people who run around calling gun owners cowards, racists, small penis, etc....say nothing but nice things about this black guy carrying a gun.

i find it funny that the same people who run around calling gun owners cowards, racists, small penis, etc....say nothing but nice things about this black guy carrying a gun.

Because he's black. They said nice things about the black looters in Mizzu.

Because he's black. They said nice things about the black looters in Mizzu.

Who did?

Or are you another dumb RW who doesn't know the difference between "protest" and "riot"?

Last edited:
if this guy had been white, luddly et al would be running around bashing the guy as a coward and claiming he got what he rightfully deserved.

can't stand trolls like luddly.

To me, if a person has to have a gun with them, they shouldn't put it out there for everyone to see...or something like this may happen.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

To me, if a person has to have a gun with them, they shouldn't put it out there for everyone to see...or something like this may happen.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you would have actually read the article, it said that it was in a holster under his coat, meaning he wasn't open carrying. The guy saw him do that out in the parking lot and walk in. So it wasn't "for everyone to see."

I wish people would refrain from commenting until they actually READ the article in question. Think about it, genius. Why would he need to say "he's got a gun" if it was open carried in a holster? It would be fairly obvious then, would it not?

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you would have actually read the article, it said that it was in a holster under his coat, meaning he wasn't open carrying. The guy saw him do that out in the parking lot and walk in. So it wasn't "for everyone to see."

I wish people would refrain from commenting until they actually READ the article in question. Think about it, genius. Why would he need to say "he's got a gun" if it was open carried in a holster? It would be fairly obvious then, would it not?
The point is that it obviously was not concealed if someone saw it.

If Florida is not an open carry state then this is a story of two bozos that met each other. Granted, one bozo was worse but just keep it concealed and no one will know.

READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE!! Yes it WAS concealed. The guy SAW HIM PUT IT IN THE HOLSTER IN THE PARKING LOT BEFORE GOING INTO THE STORE. He got out of his car, put it in the holster, and proceeded into Wal Mart. This does NOT mean he was carrying open.

READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE!! Yes it WAS concealed. The guy SAW HIM PUT IT IN THE HOLSTER IN THE PARKING LOT BEFORE GOING INTO THE STORE. He got out of his car, put it in the holster, and proceeded into Wal Mart. This does NOT mean he was carrying open.
Don't blow an artery. Read the fucking post. I said it wasn't concealed if someone saw it. And someone saw him holster it.

Not going to blow an artery its just that the stupidity of some people on this forum boggles the mind.

Thats not the definition of concealed. You can see me holster a concealed weapon and if you can no longer see it, it's concealed. You apparently don't own a gun but its a hell of a lot easier to holster one when you're not sitting in a car.

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

"Everyone" was watching him get out of his car. :eek:

Forum List

Back