Man Moves Into Home While Family Is Away And Claims He Now Owns It

uh...adverse possession takes at least a decade

i can't believe the police have no forcibly removed the guy and charged with B/E, trespessing etc...

Technically I could probably take over most of a province called British Columbia. Why? A mining right law.

I'd never do it because I'd never screw over anyone else. But then I wear the white hat. I'm a good girl. This guy is scum.

i can't believe the police have no forcibly removed the guy and charged with B/E, trespessing etc...

Dude has taken over a dozen properties.

Go figure.

The problem is that the law is to slow on this issue. Once he has lost he should be charged with theft, breaking and entering and any other charge that can be thought up.

That a Court takes this serious is the problem.

He's actually moving in right away. I don't understand this at all.

This is why I hated that movie Pacific Heights. Some guy moves in their apartment and they can't get rid of him. Um. Yes they can. Then again..it was just a movie.

Anyway...imagine you being gone for a week on vacation. Some guy sees the newspapers all piled up or is just watching your house from wherever and knows you left. Then he moves in. Why is this not considered breaking and entering and the cops come arrest him? And why are the people that own the house allowing this shit to continue on? Walk in YOUR door, pull your gun, tell him to get the fuck out. If he does not, shoot his ass. He's crazy enough to steal your own house and FILE PAPERWORK claiming what YOU paid for....he's crazy enough to harm you. Shoot him, get your house back, go to jail while waiting for a jury to say WTF???, then go HOME.

That is what I would do.

The problem is that the law is to slow on this issue. Once he has lost he should be charged with theft, breaking and entering and any other charge that can be thought up.

This is what I don't get. I leave my house for a vacation and some son of a bitch is going to claim it?

Whoa geeze law dogs are going to have to understand I come home I'm inside. Lifeless being on the outside.

The homeowner should beat him to death, and explain that the man was in his home, threatening his family.

Technically I could probably take over most of a province called British Columbia. Why? A mining right law.

I'd never do it because I'd never screw over anyone else. But then I wear the white hat. I'm a good girl. This guy is scum.
Well, you could just charge rent. You know, cash flow. :)

Oh this has gotten crazy for true. If I was evil, I'd turn over the property first.

I'd also never do it because I know what weapons my neighbors have. :lol:

All in all I would just never do this to another human being.

This is really common in the UK where a simple weekend out of town could temporarily lose you your house. There is an entire organization that gives training in how to occupy homes and provides locksmiths to run down and change the locks.

One thing you might do is replace all your locks with electronic locks and install surveillance cameras that you can access on your phone or ipad.

With key locks everyone with a bump key has a key to your door.

It's really not surprising that this has begun to happen. Too many people were talked into loans that they couldn't afford, and the conditions of the loan weren't clear to them. So therefore, they've educated themselves and fought back.

The fast talking and ignorance of the system, was itself deceptive. And this guy is fighting fire with fire. I predict that we're going to see much more of this.

Break a window, climb in, kick his ass,drag his ass outside across the street. Tell the police that he abandoned the property and you claim your house back. Now you want a restraining order against him for YOUR property.

I don't see how this can happen, all they have to do is call the bank and ask for a copy of the deed. If the house if being paid for it's obviously not abandoned. If all the utilities are being paid it's not abandoned. Then of course this guy is using their electric,water etc so that's theft. What he did with all thier stuff is theft,breaking and entering,changing the locks might be vandalism. It's insane.

Forum List

Back